Cruise with confidence enhanced

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you pay for the gratuities or were they a perk.  If they were a travel agent perk the travel agent might not offer the same perks

Not sure who the prepaid gratuities were from. 

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes as long as it is within the 4 week time frame.  I just booked a cheap July 2020 cruise and shifted it to a 2021 July cruise which is about double the price today.  No one knows what it will be next year though

Good thing is that if the bottom does fall out of pricing you can still get price drops. Win..win 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you didn’t pay for them then I would say that Your TA offered them as a perk.  You will need to check with them to see if they will give them to you again. 

OK thanks. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes as long as it is within the 4 week time frame.  I just booked a cheap July 2020 cruise and shifted it to a 2021 July cruise which is about double the price today.  No one knows what it will be next year though

I booked an inexpensive pre-Christmas 2020 cruise yesterday so I could move it to 2021 today.  Somehow during that 24-hour period, we decided we want to keep it for this year.  After I spent a lot of time looking at next November - January to make sure there was a choice for next year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

OK thanks. 

Ken, reply fro my TA: 

If we adjust your rate, you will lose the gratuities & onboard credit. This is from their website: Q. If my client opts for a lower rate under Best Price Guarantee, is he/she still eligible for promotional onboard credits previously confirmed on the reservation?? A. When electing to take advantage of Best Price Guarantee, it’s required that your client accept the terms of the new rate, discontinuing all prior promotional offerings

16 minutes ago, royalcruz said:

Wow. https://loyaltoyoualways.com/news/ is definitely an official Royal Caribbean site, but it's for travel agents. I know that doesn't help you at this point but whoever told you that is wrong.

The site that I said would not be acceptable was the unofficial blog site.   The site I posted was the TA site.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I did the same.  Booked Oasis out of NJ for four people for like $2400 for a OV balcony and shifted to July 4 weekend 2021.  Had I booked it directly, it would have been over $5,000.

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Ken, reply fro my TA: 

If we adjust your rate, you will lose the gratuities & onboard credit. This is from their website: Q. If my client opts for a lower rate under Best Price Guarantee, is he/she still eligible for promotional onboard credits previously confirmed on the reservation?? A. When electing to take advantage of Best Price Guarantee, it’s required that your client accept the terms of the new rate, discontinuing all prior promotional offerings

That’s too bad.

12 hours ago, erber said:

The Eastern Caribbean cruise a year out on the Oasis of the seas for Thanksgiving week 2021 was the SAME price as the Western Caribbean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas for Thanksgiving 2020. So we are not paying more. The Western Caribbean cruise we wanted to lift and shift to would have been $300 more pp because of the room category problem.

But you could have booked a cabin the first or second week of December, which are usually two of the cheapest weeks to cruise and then done a L&S to your Thanksgiving week cruise.  Should have saved you money. Edit....just read about them adding Thanksgiving to the holiday list. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by SNJCruisers

I'm trying to do a "Lift and shift" on a  sailing in early July. I have been trying to get in contact with my T.A.  since Saturday.  With no response.   I spoke to RCI and my sailing qualify for the L &S. Is there anything I can do to do this on my own.  I'm starting to get a little pissed. 

Finally another L & S sucess story.

Two members on CC(Smuch21 & RG306 posted about a great deal they got by Lifted and Shifted  an 7 night Explorer of the Seas August 2020 cruise. Western Mediterranean 

Saturday Night So I checked it out and found an unbelievable price on August 23, 2020  7 Nights (pretty much same western mediterranean  Itinerary)sailing for an Owners Suite, total price with my Diamond Plus was $3729.54..............also the travel agency I booked with online had a special, book online and you get an OBC of $525.00 for an Owners Suite.......... So kick me in the head, it's a no brainer out the door. $3229.54 for an Owners Suite.

Yesterday the price on those same Owners Suites are about double the price Ipaid, they must have caught there error in the pricing of the Suites on that sailing, because the Suite lowest price was $1200 per person for a JS.

So I then had my travel agent call and L & S it to September 23, 2021 Harmony of the Seas.......I picked up the last Owners Suite that was listed at  just over $12,000.............a savings of just about $9000:)

I picked 4 weeks from the original sail date because I heard it can be really hot there in Mid August. So picked the last possible date. Hope I did right by picking end of September.

Finally got the word this morning the switch was complete.

Average Weather on September 23 in Rome Italy

On September 23, the temperature in Rome typically ranges from 60°F to 77°F and is rarely below 53°F or above 83°F.

So now just 498 days to wait.............planning begins!!!! 

Also lotsof questions about what perks you get when booking an Owners Suite On Harmony of the Seas.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Finally another L & S sucess story.

So I then had my travel agent call and L & S it to September 23, 2021 Harmony of the Seas. [...] Hope I did right by picking end of September.

Well done. Late September is a great time to cruise the Med. Much, much better than August, which should be avoided at all costs unless boiling in crowded places is something you enjoy! :classic_laugh:

Might see you on board since we will be boarding in Barcelona on the 26th.

Result - Royal have allowed a lift & shift from Harmony on Aug 20 Western Caribbean to Jul 21 Eastern on Symphony. Really pleased as I can't see this Aug going ahead - in fact I doubt we'll be able to leave the UK 

Thanks for all the help/advice on the thread 

Last night I booked a 7 night on allure for dec 2020, I called today and got it shifted to Symphony dec 2021 for a great price.  They stated that I will receive an invoice today, the numbers will be wrong as this has to all get emailed to a special team they have.  The invoice doesn't show that I prepaid my Gratuities   but I did on the one that I ended up shifting. Is this common to see?  He did state I will get an updated invoice in 3-5 days, but I am just curious and I hope the amounts are correct when they send the new invoice.  Also usually when I book, to get a refundable deposit, it's very expensive.  Last night it was only $14.00 extra to book it refundable and that transferred over.

If you L and S to a different class of ships from an OV balcony to an OV balcony say Liberty to Oasis do you get the lowest OV category on the Oasis since the category designations are not the same?

Asking for a friend😇

40 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Hi, I received my invoice for my lift and Shift booking Aug2021

It saying I have to make final paymenton 3rd July this year is that

correct or should it be moved to next year.UK booking.

I'm assuming that is wrong, have them resend confirmation.

41 minutes ago, orla56 said:

Hi, I received my invoice for my lift and Shift booking Aug2021

It saying I have to make final paymenton 3rd July this year is that

correct or should it be moved to next year.UK booking.

It should be moved.  Both of mine say 2021

• Like 1

Happy to report success (I think) on the third try.  After 2.5 hrs on the phone with a very helpful rep, moved B2B sailings on Freedom out of PR on Sept 20 and Sept 27 2020 to Symphony of the Seas Sept 18 and 25 2021.  Went from Eastern/Southern to Eastern/Western.  New cruises have Perfect Day.  Was able to keep cabin categories of grand suite on one and owners on the other.  They also preserved the OBC we had from originally booking on board.

However, they were not able to give me an invoice that showed the price protection.  What I received shows the full price for the new cruise (which is nearly twice the original price) with the promise that Royal will do an adjustment on that within 48 hours to match the fare.  Per my agent, this is something brand new and the first time she has run into it.  She said her file was well documented and the calls recorded...also preserved the booking numbers so there is a clear connection between the two cruises.  

While I'm not happy about the wait to confirm the rate, I was going to cancel the 2020 cruise anyway, so if they screw this up, we are no worse off.

Cheers,

8 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Happy to report success (I think) on the third try.  After 2.5 hrs on the phone with a very helpful rep, moved B2B sailings on Freedom out of PR on Sept 20 and Sept 27 2020 to Symphony of the Seas Sept 18 and 25 2021.  Went from Eastern/Southern to Eastern/Western.  New cruises have Perfect Day.  Was able to keep cabin categories of grand suite on one and owners on the other.  They also preserved the OBC we had from originally booking on board.

However, they were not able to give me an invoice that showed the price protection.  What I received shows the full price for the new cruise (which is nearly twice the original price) with the promise that Royal will do an adjustment on that within 48 hours to match the fare.  Per my agent, this is something brand new and the first time she has run into it.  She said her file was well documented and the calls recorded...also preserved the booking numbers so there is a clear connection between the two cruises.  

While I'm not happy about the wait to confirm the rate, I was going to cancel the 2020 cruise anyway, so if they screw this up, we are no worse off.

Cheers,

Yours is I think the third post I have read today that people are not getting their revised invoices right away.  That would concern me as well.

Edited by molly361