Next round of cancellations

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am booked for Radiance 8/14 and 8/21...though I don't think either one of us are going to be on our cruises. I am just waiting for official cancellation.

Ovation would have from 7/31 to 9/17 of possible (though I doubt it will happen) Alaska cruising out of Seattle making it almost 8 weeks....if it were to happen.  

Is RCI going to cancel all three ships TPs in September?  What about Australia season?  

I really have no idea.

But as far as Radiance goes, after leaving AK it spends a bunch of time in Japan on it's way to Singapore.  Japan health restrictions are a bear in normal times (lots of temperature checks, health questionaires, etc.)  Can't even imagine Japan in this  scenario.

Then who knows if Radiance dry dock in SIN even happens.  And then the season in Oceania?  Oz isn't exactly pro-cruise ships at the present juncture so that whole season may go kaput.

But who knows.  Strange times.

8 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

From what I’ve read on CC, Australia and New Zealand aren’t anxious to welcome cruisers for a long  time. 

Hopefully, by the time next Aussie cruise season arrives...the world will be different.  Though the Aussies seem to be a little more open to reopening than NZ.  

I am booked from 2/10 out of Sydney, staying on Serenade until Vancouver 5/16.  If that is cancelled also...that is one year of cruising from now gone.  Ouch.  

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I really have no idea.

But as far as Radiance goes, after leaving AK it spends a bunch of time in Japan on it's way to Singapore.  Japan health restrictions are a bear in normal times (lots of temperature checks, health questionaires, etc.)  Can't even imagine Japan in this  scenario.

Then who knows if Radiance dry dock in SIN even happens.  And then the season in Oceania?  Oz isn't exactly pro-cruise ships at the present juncture so that whole season may go kaput.

But who knows.  Strange times.

Radiance currently off the coast of SE Asia...where she has been sitting for weeks now.  Who knows is indeed right...sad for all of us concerned.  😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuickGold said:

Everyone wanted to hear from RCL for next round of cancellations.    We all knew they were Not going to cruise on June 13th - even though their website said expect to resume in June.   Now it simply says expect to resume August 1st and that is highly unlikely.     If that was true they would have made the announcement on their 1 hour webinar today on rclinvestors.com   It is just their way and doing the next round of cancellations.    

They did briefly say cruises may restart in other parts of the world before they the restart in the US but they did not give any timeline for that either.   

August 1st is just a date since they are doing their usual cancellation process of month by month.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They have to restart at some point, no date is going to be great for everyone.  I think with the general trend of bigger things (like the first small parts of Disney/Universal) reopening in Florida right now, August seems about right.  Too bad that's right when hurricane season starts to ramp up.

Edited by atricks

3 minutes ago, atricks said:

They have to restart at some point, no date is going to be great for everyone.  I think with the general trend of bigger things (like the first small parts of Disney/Universal) reopening in Florida right now, August seems about right.  Too bad that's right when hurricane season starts to ramp up.

I think you may be right.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't trade a single one of our 10 future bookings for a sailing from Florida to the Caribbean or Bahamas. Would simply not go.  I think there are a good number of us of the same mindset.

• Like 1

After contacting my TA yesterday, in anticipation of RCI pushing back and trying to lift and switch for the identical sailing in July 2021, she waited 2 hrs and then call was dropped.  Today, the TA finally got into RCI and noted that category pricing had changed as well as cabin selection.  So now we will be penalized additional port tax fees which are going up.  Not only is RCI playing games with FCC of 125% but also waiting on telling their valued customers 😞

• Thanks 1

And, specifically with the June 22nd Baltic sailing that was scheduled from Amsterdam...479 cabins total were unbooked or were cancelled as of last night, which is completely unprecedented one month away from sail date. I am happy we made that move to L&S to June 2021 now. 

7 minutes ago, atricks said:

Opening up Disney Springs today which is basically an outdoor mall is nothing like putting several thousand people all together on a cruise ship for 7 days.      Yes, that is great that some venues are re-opening.

yes, they will have to restart at some point but I am sure RCL doesn't want to be the first one to do so.   That is probably why they declined on todays webinar call to answer the question of what would happen if someone came down with covid on a ship.     

They expressed several times on their call they will Not sail until it is safe for everyone and everyone feels safe to sail.  

I have 3 or 4 future cruises booked and yes, I want to get back on a ship as I have had a total of 4 cruises cancelled as of today.    

Next comes Trump is supposed to announce in coming days what the travel restrictions for the US will or will not be.   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Opening up Disney Springs today which is basically an outdoor mall is nothing like putting several thousand people all together on a cruise ship for 7 days.      Yes, that is great that some venues are re-opening.

yes, they will have to restart at some point but I am sure RCL doesn't want to be the first one to do so.   That is probably why they declined on todays webinar call to answer the question of what would happen if someone came down with covid on a ship.     

They expressed several times on their call they will Not sail until it is safe for everyone and everyone feels safe to sail.  

I have 3 or 4 future cruises booked and yes, I want to get back on a ship as I have had a total of 4 cruises cancelled as of today.    

Next comes Trump is supposed to announce in coming days what the travel restrictions for the US will or will not be.   

This is exactly what I mean  by any arbitrary date won't matter.  It has to start at some point, then you can basically leave it up to people's choice, because very few are willing to be guinea pigs.  And that's what the first month back is effectively going to be.   (For both passengers and crew)

If it works out after a few months or two, people will be more willing to come back.  If it doesn't, not so much.

Edited by atricks

3 minutes ago, mpaff said:

Just submitted my refund....Let the clock begin.  

I tried, but when I click on the link I get the following message.

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

35 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I tried, but when I click on the link I get the following message.

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

Wow!  That's an interesting way to stop someone from requesting a refund 😉

FINALLY......Received my cancellation notice for Brilliance June 12 sailing at 3:07 pm today, May 20, 2020 and submitted my request for REFUND at 3:55 pm today, May 20, 2020.  I was assured by Air2Sea that I will receive a full refund for refundable air too.  Today, I am again one "Happy Camper or Cruiser."

As soon as refund arrives plan to rebook for 2021 on Celebrity Reflection for basically the same cruise in 2021.  

Happy Sails to All.

Edited by Snit13
error
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Wow!  That's an interesting way to stop someone from requesting a refund 😉

It must be a bug with their website and chrome.  I copied the link to IE and it worked.  

24 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

FINALLY......Received my cancellation notice for Brilliance June 12 sailing at 3:07 pm today, May 20, 2020 and submitted my request for REFUND at 3:55 pm today, May 20, 2020.  I was assured by Air2Sea that I will receive a full refund for refundable air too.  Today, I am again one "Happy Camper or Cruiser."

As soon as refund arrives plan to rebook for 2021 on Celebrity Reflection for basically the same cruise in 2021.  

Happy Sails to All.

The cancellations notices come quick. The actual refund to the credit card comes 30-90 days later. We got our refund notice and are still waiting. Around day 60. No biggie for us but something to be aware of 

2 hours ago, atricks said:

Well as far as Disney,  the parks are not opening only Disney Springs is.  

Edited by Midwestgal
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Didn’t NCL just cancel into July?  I could be wrong but it’s what I thought I heard.

You are correct, July closed on NCL.

16 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

Just got back from Disney Springs.

quite busy, everyone has to wear a mask, temp check on entry.

No mask no dice.
Pizza at Wolfgang Puck much better than Sorrento's 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1