Next round of cancellations

50 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Really.....and you know this how? COVID-19 has affected people in many ways. 

45 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How can you say this?  Really?  You have Animosity Towards Suite Guests?

No animosity towards suite guests at all.  It's your decision to purchase suite accommodations and a NRD is a requirement as you well know.  You're possibly stuck with a 500.00 FCC.  Like I said, if you can afford to sail in a suite, being stuck with a 500 future voucher is not going to break your bank.  Even with Covid-19.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No animosity towards suite guests at all.  It's your decision to purchase suite accommodations and a NRD is a requirement as you well know.  You're possibly stuck with a 500.00 FCC.  Like I said, if you can afford to sail in a suite, being stuck with a 500 future voucher is not going to break your bank.  Even with Covid-19.  

Obviously you don't get that now some may not be able to sail post COVID-19 due to a variety of circumstances so an FCC may be of no value. And...in the case of longer cruises....deposit is $450pp for a total of $900. I know as we have b2b Radiance cruises from Vancouver-Tokyo-Singapore starting Sept 4 with final payment due 1st week of June. We doubt they will sail but also doubt RCI will cancel them prior to final payment date and will be pleasantly surprised if they do. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Obviously you don't get that now some may not be able to sail post COVID-19 due to a variety of circumstances so an FCC may be of no value. And...in the case of longer cruises....deposit is $450pp for a total of $900. I know as we have b2b Radiance cruises from Vancouver-Tokyo-Singapore starting Sept 4 with final payment due 1st week of June. We doubt they will sail but also doubt RCI will cancel them prior to final payment date and will be pleasantly surprised if they do. 

There is no longer a doctor's note needed for those 70+, so I don't know what variety of circumstances you're referring to.  The next batch of cancellations which should hopefully happen sometime this week will possibly coincide with the CDC's July edict.  Only you can determine whether you don't make final payment and accept the 900 FCC or make final payment and get a prolonged full refund when your cruise doesn't sail on September 4.

31 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It’s still not right. Suite Guest or otherwise. 

• Like 3

On 5/17/2020 at 10:39 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Now that I am retired, checking for price drops is pretty much the only work I can do that sometimes results in compensation 😂

I hear ya there!  I reduced my fare on my Allure OS cabin 5/30/21 cruise by over two grand!  Would not have enjoyed that discount had I not been checking rates.  😉 $$$

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

The date on the Health and Travel Alerts page has been updated.  No new cancellations that I can spot immediately.

The date was updated only...as usual.  It's a fake out to make it look current.  Have mentioned that many times now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just saw that too.  No idea what they updated today.

It is not an update....just changing the date to the same old statement.  For over a month now with the same old statement.  They change the date to make you think it is a brand new current update.  

• Like 2

I think it’s terrible that they are making late-June cruisers wait so long for a cancellation. That’s less than 30 days. We are July 6, and they need to cancel. I get they are waiting as long as possible so people cancel their own and lose their NRDs or that they L and S, and the cruise companies need money....but c’mon. It’s too close in date and unrealistic to keep them scheduled when everyone knows they will be cancelled. 

• Like 4

On 5/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, bbinz said:

Why is it disgusting? They are a for profit business. You can’t blame them if they wait as long as they can. They are going above by offering 125% FCC if they cancel. You can also cancel at anytime on your own and get 100% FCC or move your sailing to next year with no price changes. 

Very reasonable to me and we have taken advantage of both offers... a canceled March cruise and upcoming to be canceled June cruise. 

I just want my money back so I can spend it on another vacation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

MSC YC the best hands down. 

I would never spend the money on a Yacht Club or a Haven cabin (wasteful IMO) but we did just take our first MSC cruise on the Seaside in Feb. MSC had some highlights and some WTH moments and for us, not bad for the money spent. Our favorite thing was their private island......that was fabulous!!!

17 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It's your money.  If you're too lazy to check once a week  after final payment is due up to 48 hours before embarkation to save money, that's  on you.  The other option is to pay off your cruise and wait for RCI to cancel so you get your full refund.   Or you could have booked a cruise with a refundable deposit and then gotten your deposit back before final was due.   Of course this is different if you booked a suite, but if you can afford a suite, you can afford to get the FCC for the NRD that goes  along with it.

Wow lazy?! Sorry, I work and have small children.  I can’t be checking every day, I don’t have that kind of time.  

I did book a suite, I guess that means my deposit is automatically non refundable?  I’m new to this game, I don’t usually go on cruises and I don’t know what my life is going to look like next year.  I work in travel and I can’t commitment to a 2021 vacation right now.  Not to mention I’m one of the lucky ones still working and my job could end at any time, so having the money back is much more preferable. I’m sure you can understand that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Converse34 said:

Wow lazy?! Sorry, I work and have small children.  I can’t be checking every day, I don’t have that kind of time.  

I check (well I did before I knew ours was going to cancel) almost every day.  Takes a minute or two.  It is worth it for me for the potential savings.  I guess if you don't have an extra two minutes once a week or so, then you really do need a cruise.  I have never met somebody that busy.  

The June sailings should have been cancelled by now - there is no way these cruises are going to sail.  This is such bad customer service - it's very nice of them offering lift and shift but that's not a lot of use if there is nothing you can lift and shift to.  And of course there will be some people whose circumstances will have changed who need a refund not another cruise!

I have a cruise booked for the beginning of August so I won't be in the next round of cancellations.  I can't get my deposit back if I cancel because I'm in the UK so it's a FCC or make final payment for me but it's not due till June 13th so I will hang on a bit longer to see what happens.

I did a dummy booking and it looks like most people have either cancelled or moved their booking elsewhere - there are literally hundreds of cabins available for a sailing that was practically sold out a few months ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s still not right. Suite Guest or otherwise. 

What's not right?  It's my opinion that if you can afford a suite, then you can afford to have to deal with the rules and be stuck with a FCC for your NRD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Converse34 said:

I did book a suite, I guess that means my deposit is automatically non refundable?  I’m new to this game, I don’t usually go on cruises and I don’t know what my life is going to look like next year.  I work in travel and I can’t commitment to a 2021 vacation right now.  Not to mention I’m one of the lucky ones still working and my job could end at any time, so having the money back is much more preferable. I’m sure you can understand that. 

Yes, you are one of the lucky ones.  Been out of work since March 13.  When it comes to checking on price drops, I did mention checking once a week, which is easily doable even with small kids.  You don't need to do it each day. 

Glad you had the funds to afford a suite and it's  a shame you did not know the rules about it being a NRD

• Like 1

We are booked on Brilliance June 12 sailing from Amsterdam and it HAS NOT cancelled.  If you visit the US State Department site and then check the Netherlands COVID-19 information you will see under Q & A that the Netherlands has extended until June 15, 2020 their travel restrictions for all-non essential travel.  Citizens of Canada and the United States are non-essential for leisure travel.  We are scheduled to arrive in Amsterdam on June 10 and will be required to remain airside and must have confirmed reservations onward and will not be permitted to go to a hotel and then the Brilliance.  If I read my calendar correctly we are supposed to fly from US on June 9, three (3) weeks from today.  If this makes any sense, I fail to understand and need someone to explain.  C & A working from home in Guatemala has no understanding or explanation.

By the way, I am only looking for a $8,601.38 refund and not even in a suite this cruise.

Sorry if there are spelling errors but I am not a happy camper now.

Edited by Snit13
add

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

What's not right?  It's my opinion that if you can afford a suite, then you can afford to have to deal with the rules and be stuck with a FCC for your NRD. 

That’s your opinion. I know the rules regarding NRD. It’s just a bit different today than it was 6 months ago. Royal will give an FCC for deposit and to use the FCC for deposit, requires another cash deposit to book another cruise. I’d much prefer a refund. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s your opinion. I know the rules regarding NRD. It’s just a bit different today than it was 6 months ago. Royal will give an FCC for deposit and to use the FCC for deposit, requires another cash deposit to book another cruise. I’d much prefer a refund. 

Some new news that has developed as an offshoot to the lift and switch.

instead of getting a FCC for the old deposit and booking a new one you can now just change the ship and sail date.  Deposit stays the same, no new money required and no FCC.  The $100pp penalties aren’t waived. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

MSC YC the best hands down. 

We agree 100%. The 28 days we spent in the YC, on MSC Seaside are the best days of the 486 we’ve spent at sea. That includes 61 days on the Allure of the Seas (14 days in a Grand Suite) and 263 days on Celebrity ( 14 days in the Jr. Suite on Equinox).

YC or nothing, no since of spending money on something that doesn’t really make you happy.

12 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We agree 100%. The 28 days we spent in the YC, on MSC Seaside are the best days of the 486 we’ve spent at sea. That includes 61 days on the Allure of the Seas (14 days in a Grand Suite) and 263 days on Celebrity ( 14 days in the Jr. Suite on Equinox).

YC or nothing, no since of spending money on something that doesn’t really make you happy.

12 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We did YC also on Seaside twice & for us best cruise ever. Did NCL Haven & was not worth it, same for RCL Suites. Planning on doing MSC Divina YC next year leaving from NYC. 

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some new news that has developed as an offshoot to the lift and switch.

instead of getting a FCC for the old deposit and booking a new one you can now just change the ship and sail date.  Deposit stays the same, no new money required and no FCC.  The $100pp penalties aren’t waived. 

I heard rumors of that, can you change itineraries when doing that also? Is that anywhere in writing on RCCL 's website or travel agency web sites?

Edited by Jimbo