Next round of cancellations

Just now, NancyIL said:

Quite a few of us from the Explorer TA have done the Lift & Shift to the Odyssey's 10/28/21 Transatlantic.

Thanks Nancy, but we are booked on Rhapsody for the month of October in 2021 and will then transfer onto the Vision TA back to Florida.  Although we do love Voyager class ships, we generally prefer the itineraries of the smaller ships, so we probably wouldn’t switch to Odyssey anyway. We don’t plan to cancel EX till final payment.  Hopefully, they will cancel first if it is not sailing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I agree - I don’t think your July cruise is going to sail either.  

On my September 6 Roll Call, I said about two months ago that I am not at all sure that our cruise will sail, but if it does, it will be among the very first.

😞

12 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

I believe you are on Brilliance too.  Amsterdam site says we would not be allowed to exit airport to go to cruise terminal or hotel.  I cancelled all excursions and our dining package but am waiting for Royal to cancel air and cruise.

Yes we are on Brilliance as well.  My flight is not even listed on Delta any more.  I think you're right, I will cancel my cruise planner items right now. 

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

On my September 6 Roll Call, I said about two months ago that I am not at all sure that our cruise will sail, but if it does, it will be among the very first.

😞

We’re supposed to sail from Vancouver on Serenade on September 6.  I’d be very surprised If our cruise isn’t cancelled.  😞

1 hour ago, happymanitee said:

Did anything change?  I can’t see any differences between today’s update and the one that was already there

On most days nothing changes but the day listed at the top of the page.

• Like 1

I'm booked to sail on Brilliance in August and I know RC aren't going to cancel my cruise any time soon but I think it's disgusting that people booked to sail on her in less than 4 weeks are still waiting for RC to cancel. 

8 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Royal should but final payment on a 30 day time period during this stuff, I am sure a lot of people cancelled because they did not want to put the money up not knowing.

What I think is bad is that RC gets to keep all the deposits of the people who cancelled. It's only in the US that deposits are refundable. 

RC must surely know these sailings are not going to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livylotte said:

What I think is bad is that RC gets to keep all the deposits of the people who cancelled. It's only in the US that deposits are refundable. 

RC must surely know these sailings are not going to happen.

US here and don’t have a choice of refundable deposit. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Refundable deposits usually cost more than nonrefundable - but they are available.

Not if you just book through a TA that has group space that was obtained when bookings open up. This way you have a refundable deposit.  Just need to wait on the next round of cancellations and I'll get a full refund including deposit on our June 26 Adventure sailing.

10 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Refundable deposits usually cost more than nonrefundable - but they are available.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not if you just book through a TA that has group space that was obtained when bookings open up. This way you have a refundable deposit.  Just need to wait on the next round of cancellations and I'll get a full refund including deposit on our June 26 Adventure sailing.

Suites do not have the option of refundable deposits and are not available in group space. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, livylotte said:

I'm booked to sail on Brilliance in August and I know RC aren't going to cancel my cruise any time soon but I think it's disgusting that people booked to sail on her in less than 4 weeks are still waiting for RC to cancel. 

You can imagine how we feel.  I looked first thing this morning and still no cancel email.

Didn't Bayley mention that when RCL will start they will likely start with the short 3-4 day cruises first and see how it goes? However if the situation in Europe will allow crusing first, which seems to be likey it will be interesting to see if ship will be deployed to Europe for a shortened season as of August. Well, Allure is already there and Anthem will also be around after brining the Indian crew home.

16 hours ago, soremekun said:

The health and travel alerts page has been updated again but they still plan on sailing on June 12.  Disgusting.

Mentioned this before....RCI simply updates the date ONLY of the "current" announcement...to make it look current.  It's the same posted announcement.  No actual updates.  

13 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Agree...Indeed they are.  Can be requested though agent, or click on that option during last page of booking on line.  

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Agreed, and I recently cancelled one and booked another that was in group space via my travel agency. However, my other cruises weren’t booked in group space, and refundable deposit cost considerably more than with the nonrefundable deposit option. 

If RCI cancels the cruise, you can get a full refund - even if your deposit was nonrefundable.

Edited by NancyIL

16 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I believe you are on Brilliance too.  Amsterdam site says we would not be allowed to exit airport to go to cruise terminal or hotel.  I cancelled all excursions and our dining package but am waiting for Royal to cancel air and cruise.

We're on the same boat (no pun intended) but ours was for June 22nd. We lift and shifted the same cruise to next year on Jewel out of Amsterdam - June 21st, Baltic. Right now, our (former) cruise stands at 403 empty cabins - that's 37% empty, unheard of a month out. In January only two cabins remains unbooked. And I will say this, the process was painless and relieved some stress because we don't want to go on a cruise wearing masks and being policed constantly. All of our excursions and the royal brunch we reserved will be refunded in 45 days; the prepaid gratuities carried over to next cruise so even if those go up in price we are locked in.

Edited by johnjen

21 hours ago, newcruiser1573 said:

Not sure why this has not happened.  .........  Come on Royal release my money.  

Its a game of chicken between individual cruisers and a multi-billion dollar company.

"You cancel first."

"No, you cancel first."

I can empathize with both positions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Didn't Bayley mention that when RCL will start they will likely start with the short 3-4 day cruises first and see how it goes? However if the situation in Europe will allow crusing first, which seems to be likey it will be interesting to see if ship will be deployed to Europe for a shortened season as of August. Well, Allure is already there and Anthem will also be around after brining the Indian crew home.

Doubtful Europe will see any cruises this summer. Even if a home port is open, there still isn't any international air travel, and most (if not all) itinerary ports-of-call are in countries where travel restrictions are still in place.

We got an email today re: our July 4th cruise out of Bayonne.  Although I expected it to be a cancellation notice, it was our "Guest Ticket Book" docs.  So, the automated IT folks have not yet been notified of summer plans either!  We are not alone, just apart.

17 hours ago, soremekun said:

The health and travel alerts page has been updated again but they still plan on sailing on June 12.  Disgusting.

Why is it disgusting? They are a for profit business. You can’t blame them if they wait as long as they can. They are going above by offering 125% FCC if they cancel. You can also cancel at anytime on your own and get 100% FCC or move your sailing to next year with no price changes. 

Very reasonable to me and we have taken advantage of both offers... a canceled March cruise and upcoming to be canceled June cruise. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bbinz said:

Why is it disgusting? They are a for profit business. You can’t blame them if they wait as long as they can. They are going above by offering 125% FCC if they cancel. You can also cancel at anytime on your own and get 100% FCC or move your sailing to next year with no price changes. 

Very reasonable to me and we have taken advantage of both offers... a canceled March cruise and upcoming to be canceled June cruise. 

For many there is no cruise to "lift & shift" to. We have b2b Radiance Transpacific Sept 4 with final payment coming due soon. It's not likely that the cruise will happen and I'm not willing to put more $$ out to pay final just to wait and see if the cruise is cancelled so I can get a refund. Booking is GS so NRD. At this point I don't want any FCCs either. I wish RCI would just cancel the cruises they know won't sail so we can get in line and get a refund. We all know that's not going to happen as they want to keep the $$$ as long as they can. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1