Next round of cancellations

2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I see on the Health and Travel Alerts page that Vision Jun 20 and Anthem Jun 20 were cancelled due to those ships being used to repatriate crew. Was that the newest update? What I also noticed was that the were only offering 125% FCC for those cancellations and didn't see anything mentioned about the ability to ask for a refund. 

I am still viewing the previous update on my phone as I have not refreshed it there.

You're correct.  Previously, it was the Vision sailing for June 13 that was cancelled.  Now it says Vision for June 20.  The June 20 Anthem sailing did not change.

It's May 14th, and our June 13th cruise still has not been canceled.  We all know it is going to be canceled. So what's the delay RCCL?  And what will RCCL do in the future to convince this never sailed on RCCL family to give you a try?  At this point, I'm not impressed with everything I'm reading about RCCL's slow refund process.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

The health and travel alerts page has just been updated.  No announcement of further cancellations, yet.

They do that all the time...with the same statement...just to make it look "recent".  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I see on the Health and Travel Alerts page that Vision Jun 20 and Anthem Jun 20 were cancelled due to those ships being used to repatriate crew. Was that the newest update? What I also noticed was that the were only offering 125% FCC for those cancellations and didn't see anything mentioned about the ability to ask for a refund. 

When you get your email notifying you of your cancelled cruise...simply scroll down further to find the cash refund option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

It's May 14th, and our June 13th cruise still has not been canceled.  We all know it is going to be canceled. So what's the delay RCCL?  And what will RCCL do in the future to convince this never sailed on RCCL family to give you a try?  At this point, I'm not impressed with everything I'm reading about RCCL's slow refund process.

The delay is so the limited customer service reps still working don't get even more overwhelmed. Also if you think Royal is slow, you should check out some other forums (Carnival/NCL), some are even worse.

Maybe they are so far behind they are waiting to do the next round. I still havent seen a dime for my april or  may cruise. I'm just saying, they seem like they barely maybe got thru march, and some odd refunds since then. Other than the satisfaction of knowing for sure you are cancelled, they got a whole lot of refunding they haven't gotten to yet.

10 minutes ago, thezode said:

Somebody on another post claimed to have spoken to a RCCL customer service rep and was told the next announcement will be between May 20-27.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No way any customer service rep at Royal has any knowledge of when the company will make any announcements. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Have you read anything good about any cruise lines refunds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Have you read anything good about any cruise lines refunds.

I may have had to wait (and I did wait patiently) for six weeks, but I received four refunds, correct to the penny, all at once.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe they are so far behind they are waiting to do the next round. I still havent seen a dime for my april or  may cruise. I'm just saying, they seem like they barely maybe got thru march, and some odd refunds since then. Other than the satisfaction of knowing for sure you are cancelled, they got a whole lot of refunding they haven't gotten to yet.

Pleased to report, as of today (5/14/2020), we have received our refund for a May 29th cruise. 

Also received a FCC (5/1/2020) for an April 12th cruise, but no refund of taxes yet for that cruise. Insurance was also refunded for our April cruise.

Will need to check on our insurance for the May cruise since that will come through our travel agency. Insurance is through our travel agency and not the cruise line.

Have no idea how we received any of these promptly since reading all over CC and Royal Caribbean's FB page about those who have not.  Living under a lucky star I suppose. 🙂

Side note: Our April cruise was a family cruise.  My brother's in laws were to have cruised with us.  They have also received their refund.  They were booked directly with Royal.

• Like 1

Ok I used the contact form as suggested above. I received the fcc a few weeks back, but not the port fees and taxes for my april cruise.

Yea I received may cruise refund, it just posted, so just missing port fees and taxes from April.

We will see how the form works.

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok I used the contact form as suggested above. I received the fcc a few weeks back, but not the port fees and taxes for my april cruise.

Yea I received may cruise refund, it just posted, so just missing port fees and taxes from April.

We will see how the form works.

Same here  Got May cruise 100% credit and still waiting for April port fees

19 hours ago, island lady said:

When you get your email notifying you of your cancelled cruise...simply scroll down further to find the cash refund option. 

You got that right.  Been looking every day/night for June 12 Brilliance to cancel.

I am hoping the announcement comes out today, because of the irony for me.  We just got our GTY room assignments this morning for our June 14 Liberty cruise.  (and actually got rooms right next to each other, which was my concern about booking 2 gty rooms with kids, but took a chance)  

I would have no concerns with sailing in a month if it weren't for the unknowns like masks.  Also, wouldn't want my kids who have jobs at Wal Mart and a grocery store to have to quarantine for 2 weeks before going back to work, which I think they currently would if a cruise actually sailed in June (I know it won't).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

You got that right.  Been looking every day/night for June 12 Brilliance to cancel.

Wow...that is cutting it close for your cruise with no announcement yet.  😞  Bummer making you wait until almost cruise time to apply for your refund on the obviously doomed cruise.  

• Like 1

We are in the same boat, June 12th our of PR on the Freedom.  They still haven't cancelled the cruise but I just got a cancellation notice from Expedia that my hotel room I booked for the night before the cruise has been cancelled.  The reason is the hotel will not be open during that time.  It was the Decanter Hotel.  

2 hours ago, KsucAts said:

I am hoping the announcement comes out today, because of the irony for me.  We just got our GTY room assignments this morning for our June 14 Liberty cruise.  (and actually got rooms right next to each other, which was my concern about booking 2 gty rooms with kids, but took a chance)  

I would have no concerns with sailing in a month if it weren't for the unknowns like masks.  Also, wouldn't want my kids who have jobs at Wal Mart and a grocery store to have to quarantine for 2 weeks before going back to work, which I think they currently would if a cruise actually sailed in June (I know it won't).  

I have 2 guarantee cabins booked on Liberty for 6/21.  I wonder why they even have people working on assigning cabins? It just seems like a waste of time.  I still haven’t gotten my room assignments, but I know it doesn’t matter anyway.  I also work at a grocery store, so I wouldn’t want to quarantine after sailing.  I am just waiting for that cancellation.  I’m thinking today is the day!