More refund musings

So, the agents are working from home and they are very busy; if I was doing my job from home and was very busy my Manager/Supervisor would still expect progress reports. This is why I don't understand why they can't publish how far they are - it would shut a lot of us up if we just KNEW!

• Like 3

People with sail dates back to March have not received refunds - it appears that they have not processed any at all since they announced the pause. I believe that there is another reason that refunds have not been processed.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, karylrocks said:

People with sail dates back to March have not received refunds - it appears that they have not processed any at all since they announced the pause. I believe that there is another reason that refunds have not been processed.

I had a booking for march 13 and so did my TA. Not the same ship. She got her refund yesterday. I still have not. My sail date was March 17th. I do not know what hers was. 

Hello - I had booked my first ever Princess Cruise (Alaska, May 23rd) last December.  Princess canceled the cruise, of course, and sent me a refund request receipt on April 14th.  I had booked through Costco travel and they, likewise, sent me a cancellation confirmation on April 17th.  I haven't done anything more, except this morning I called Costco Travel and the recorded message said refunds may take up to 90 days.  Cruise was paid for with Costco Citi card.  Should I do anything else, or just be patient?  Does the 90 days start the date of the canceled cruise, or the date of the cancellation itself?  Thanks.

I submitted my refund request March 12th and still waiting for my refund.  The Future Cruise Credit showed up on my account three weeks ago.  The refund process is too lengthy for my liking so I will not be booking any cruises in the near future with Princess or any other cruise line.

Edited by Ereggae

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

That's why so many of us have started a dispute on our credit cards. If the refunds aren't started until after the sail date I'd be waiting well into 2022, not acceptable. 

I read in another thread that Princess wins and these disputes are being declined.

Just now, Ereggae said:

I read in another thread that Princess wins and these disputes are being declined.

I have seen all of one post that said that their CC declined their dispute, but they did not provide a lot of information.

A dispute can be declined if 1. The person submitting the disute does not submit information in a timely manner  2. If they do not provide documentation supporting their case  2. If they are disputing counter  to the booking terms and conditions

A fairly large number of posted that they have filed, I being one, and have had their dispute successfully resolved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azzure said:

Hello - I had booked my first ever Princess Cruise (Alaska, May 23rd) last December.  Princess canceled the cruise, of course, and sent me a refund request receipt on April 14th.  I had booked through Costco travel and they, likewise, sent me a cancellation confirmation on April 17th.  I haven't done anything more, except this morning I called Costco Travel and the recorded message said refunds may take up to 90 days.  Cruise was paid for with Costco Citi card.  Should I do anything else, or just be patient?  Does the 90 days start the date of the canceled cruise, or the date of the cancellation itself?  Thanks.

My cruise was a B2B on the Coral Princess leaving 5/20/2020.  Princess cancelled my cruise and my TA (same as your travel company) sent in the paperwork on 4/17/2020.  I opted for #1 and still waiting like the rest of the others on this board.  When I cancelled my TA told me it would be around 90 days for reimbursement.  I have also heard that Princess is working on refunds in date order of cruise.  Everyone's case and needs are different.  For now, I will wait and be patient.  Hopefully, Princess will not try my patience with with an extensive overdue of repayment.

16 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

which thread was that?   many have posted here about receiving their credit card refunds

I'm not sure which thread was the original one that somebody reported being declined on or if there were any other people, but I'm pretty sure the one being referred to is discussed in this thread, about ten posts down, regarding a Costco Citibank Visa:

3 hours ago, azzure said:

If you paid for a cruise that Princess cancelled by a credit card you should contact customer service of that Costco Citi Card and request a charge back for the amount that you paid.

Last week my TA contacted me and said my refund from Princess was available for a 2nd July cruise. I elected to leave it with Princess because I had booked using a FCD. The refund would have been AUD$100, but by converting it to a FDD, it grew considerably. A gamble - but the odds are good.

I have the impression that refunds are not being done chronologically. My 2nd July one was ready to be finalised, but my 7th April one was not ready yet.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ereggae said:

Dispute resolved. In my favour for March cancellation. 

19 hours ago, karylrocks said:

I received FCC and credit card refund due to me in April for March cruise. 

3 hours ago, caribill said:

The only thing that is spreading faster than the virus is the number of different threads about refunds.

Have to agree with caribill.
Many threads

. Lots of misinformation floating around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

Got 100% of our refund this morning on credit card!!  We did not file a dispute. We just waited. Today is just about 60 business days from when we requested option2

We were booked on the same cruise but have not received any news of a refund yet!  Also requested option 2 also about 60 days ago.

Hopefully we will hear/see something soon.

Great news that someone has received a refund and that gives us some hope.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

which thread was that?   many have posted here about receiving their credit card refunds

Precisely ... heard about it from a friend that read about it on a thread from someone that heard about it from their neighbor .... that was posted by a troll.  😉

Just record this from RCCL 

REFUND:

• Looking for a refund? No problem! We are happy to return the funds paid per guest when requesting this option on-or-before December 31, 2020. To submit on your client's behalf, simply complete the new “Cancellation Form” on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News” and the process will begin.  Your client can expect their refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. To ensure your client is making the best choice, no need to rush on deciding  the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the point when a refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated. 

Wish PCL would do this and keep their promise!

Just record this from RCCL:

REFUND:

• Looking for a refund? No problem! We are happy to return the funds paid per guest when requesting this option on-or-before December 31, 2020. To submit on your client's behalf, simply complete the new “Cancellation Form” on CruisingPower.com under “Brand Programs & News” and the process will begin.  Your client can expect their refund to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. To ensure your client is making the best choice, no need to rush on deciding  the 125% Future Cruise Credit will remain active until the point when a refund request is submitted, at which time it will be deactivated. 

I wish Princess would be forth-coming with their policy and stick with it.

• Like 1

Update, I just called Princess to check on the status of my refund for my 5/20/2020 Princess-cancelled cruise.  My TA cancelled the cruise with Princess on 4/17/2020.  I was told that my Option 1 refund had not been processed and he did not know the status other than that.  He did say that the refunds were being processed in the order of sailing date --- which I know is not the case due to what I have read on the boards --- I am sure he is just saying what he has been told to say.   Just wanted to pass this info along to the original poster since our cruise dates were very close to each other.

27 minutes ago, voljeep said:

ANOTHER refund thread ???

You saw the thread headline. If not interested, skip it.

Realize that some have thousands or tens of thousands of dollars of skin in this game. Just because you only have a few deposits and it doesn't mean much to you doesn't mean it doesn't mean much to others.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgd3rdbcfd said:

Just record this from RCCL 

REFUND:

Wish PCL would do this and keep their promise!

Sounds good - but I've been waiting 67 days so far for my RCCL refund.