Where do service animals go to the bathroom?

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Oh come on.  You're comparing apples to oranges now.  Of course wheel chairs should not be banned.  Stop it.

im comparing a physical illness to a mental illness. you should educate yourself when you have the opportunity to know that they are more similar than you think. Just because a mental illness is invisible to the naked eye does not mean its not as important

Edited by hftmrock
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

I have been here and while I do read the occasion post (rare) about this. I read more about chair hogs, drink package sharing, smoking in the wrong places, etc that you will ever find about pee or poop. I wont say its not a thing... just not that prevalent. I hear about wheelchairs running into people too... should we stop people from coming on with wheelchairs?

I totally agree.  There are human behaviors that are definitely worse than a dog pooping in the wrong place.  And they happen WAY more often!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

im comparing a physical illness to a mental illness. you should educate yourself when you have the opportunity to know that they are more similar than you think. Just because a mental illness is invisible to the naked eye does not mean its not as important

Well said. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

3AC1630B-545C-4B14-A4DD-98F1706C4C74.jpeg

21 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I can see boy dogs  having a problem with #1 as there are no trees or fire hydrants around😊

That’s why the stainless post, above in the photo, is rusty. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was on a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in October 2019.There was a passenger with an emotional support dog.

After  a Certain date Cruise Lines Banned Emotional Support Animals, no new Bookings but can't remember what was. Last date for existing Bookings should been any was either in Spring 2019 or Spring 2020 including on Royal. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

32 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

After  a Certain date Cruise Lines Banned Emotional Support Animals, no new Bookings but can't remember what was. Last date for existing Bookings should been any was either in Spring 2019 or Spring 2020 including on Royal. 

It was the end of last month (April 2020) that all grandfathered bookings would have ended.  

You know, there are a lot more people with allergies to pet dander and pet hair than there are people with emotional lap dogs(read PET).

Imagine these folks getting a cabin where an emotional(read PET)animal has been for a week. So, I guess we have to decide who gets the flying fickle finger of fate?

I think I know which way I might lean.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, L454S said:

You know, there are a lot more people with allergies to pet dander and pet hair than there are people with emotional lap dogs(read PET).

Imagine these folks getting a cabin where an emotional(read PET)animal has been for a week. So, I guess we have to decide who gets the flying fickle finger of fate?

Been there.

2 hours ago, L454S said:

I've often wondered how people with perfume allergies deal with similar situations.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I've often wondered how people with perfume allergies deal with similar situations.

Have to admit, I never met anyone with perfume allergies. Know several with pet /animal allergies.

5 minutes ago, L454S said:

Have to admit, I never met anyone with perfume allergies. Know several with pet /animal allergies.

I guess that will always be a problem since service animals are allowed and always will be. so whether they allow true emotional support animals or not will not change that issue

3 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

I guess that will always be a problem since service animals are allowed and always will be. so whether they allow true emotional support animals or not will not change that issue

The problem is mitigated though to be almost a non issue if only true seeing eye dogs are allowed. How many do you see on a given cruise? Sometimes I see NONE. Dogs and cruise ships don't mix well.

Can you think of a good place for fido to raise his leg on a cruise ship.

2 hours ago, L454S said:

The problem is mitigated though to be almost a non issue if only true seeing eye dogs are allowed. How many do you see on a given cruise? Sometimes I see NONE. Dogs and cruise ships don't mix well.

Can you think of a good place for fido to raise his leg on a cruise ship.

I would hope service animals are not limited to seeing eye dogs.  There are also dogs that assist people that have hearing loss, diabetes, seizures, severe allergies, and more.  It's really quite remarkable the things they are able to do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, L454S said:

You have never met my hubby.  When on a cruise and on the elevator, if someone gets on and you can smell the perfume or cologne, he will start sneezing.  If you are around when this starts, you would think he is sick.  He can't stop until we are away from the elevator and person.  I guess it is more of the smell that starts the sneezing.  It can be quite embarrassing.

55 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I would hope service animals are not limited to seeing eye dogs.  There are also dogs that assist people that have hearing loss, diabetes, seizures, severe allergies, and more.  It's really quite remarkable the things they are able to do.

Well if they reinstate the doctor’s note these people won’t be sailing anyway. 

13 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Well if they reinstate the doctor’s note these people won’t be sailing anyway. 

the doctors note  was only for people over 70. re instituting this policy would have no bearing on anyone under 70 with any condition

Edited by hftmrock
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

the doctors note  was only for people over 70. re instituting this policy would have no bearing on anyone under 70 with any condition

When the policy was in place it was mandatory for anyone over 70 to have a Dr's not.  The policy also required anyone under 70 to self declare any of several chronic medical conditions that would also make them ineligible to sail

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I'm one of them. I have had to get out of elevators and leave shows because some people use entire bottle of perfume at a time.