The Daily for Monday May 25, 2020

richwmn

today is Memorial Day

It's a good thing we don't get all the government we pay for.

Meal suggestion for today - Taco Salad Casserole

At Sea Indian Ocean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 6/1
Rotterdam destination Reunion eta 5/28
Volendam destination Jakarta eta 6/1

Cape Town Anchorage
Veendam
Zuiderdam

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Eurodam
Maasdam
Noordam
Westerdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 2

Thank you for the report and wishing my fellow Americans a great Memorial Day.  The Crystal Forum had some good news for those in Manila:

4 hours ago, datolim said:

Hope at last for the Serenity crew and others

MANILA (Reuters) - Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has given his government a week to process some 24,000 repatriated Filipino workers stuck for weeks on cruise ships or in coronavirus quarantine, so they can finally go home

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/world/2020/05/25/philippine-leader-answers-call-of-workers-begging-to-go-home

I was surprised at how important overseas workers are to the Philippine economy.  Best wishes for all the people of the Philippines, extended unemployment will be an awful burden.

Roy

• Like 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Good morning fellow Dailyites! Joy & Denise - take time to breath.

I honor all those who paid the ultimate price for their Country. 

I actually disagree with today’s quote. Wish I got all the government I pay for. But that is a discussion for another forum.

This morning - if the rain stops, we will be attending a local Memorial Day program.

This afternoon we are going to the local beach for supper. Possibly fried New England clams. And then - weather permitting, we will sit outside at a picnic table and enjoy an ice cream from our favorite stand, while watching the waves break on the Coast. I am looking forward to some sea salt caramel!

Stay well everyone.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

How’s that foot doing? 

It’s there in the boot 😉 

Two - 4 weeks more to go.  Hopefully in 2 weeks when I try it without the boot it won’t hurt.  If it does, I have to put the boot back on until I see the Ortho surgeon 😞 

If I’m out you’ll probably hear my scream of delight all the way to Florida 😄😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s there in the boot 😉 

Two - 4 weeks more to go.  Hopefully in 2 weeks when I try it without the boot it won’t hurt.  If it does, I have to put the boot back on until I see the Ortho surgeon 😞 

If I’m out you’ll probably hear my scream of delight all the way to Florida 😄😉 

I am marking my calendar- I will be listening for your scream of delight, Jacqui!

Good morning; thanks for the Daily!  Memorial Day - thanks to those who gave their lives for our freedoms.

I like the meal suggestion today, but it's up to DH to cook, as today is my "alternate birthday".  I had the misfortune of being born on Christmas Day, when most people forget about my birthday, but when we were first married, DH suggested I have an alternate day to celebrate, so May 25th is the day, as we don't have any other family celebrations that month.  I'm spoiled, I know.  LOL

Whatever he cooks (or orders in) will be great.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning; thanks for the Daily!  Memorial Day - thanks to those who gave their lives for our freedoms.

I like the meal suggestion today, but it's up to DH to cook, as today is my "alternate birthday".  I had the misfortune of being born on Christmas Day, when most people forget about my birthday, but when we were first married, DH suggested I have an alternate day to celebrate, so May 25th is the day, as we don't have any other family celebrations that month.  I'm spoiled, I know.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Happy alternate birthday!    Be sure you have EXTRA wine.

Happy Memorial Day also.  A true day of reflection for us to remember those who died for our country.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am marking my calendar- I will be listening for your scream of delight, Jacqui!

Don’t listen too hard 😉. I think the odds are slim but we’ll see.  🤞 thanks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I like the meal suggestion today, but it's up to DH to cook, as today is my "alternate birthday

What an excellent idea your DH had 😄 

Happy Alternate Birthday, Ger 🙂 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Happy Alternative Birthday, Gerry. I will toast to you tonight!

Blessings and sincere thanks to all the Armed Forces for their service and sacrifice.

Happy Birthday Gerry.  Make it a special one in this somewhat upside down year.  And have wine...

So happy that crew members are finally getting to the end of their very long journey and almost home to their loved ones.  Will read the article later on.

Important day today - Memorial Day and Alternate Birthday!  We should all try that...  and wine!

Thanks for the Daily, Rich, and Roy, for the link to the article.  I hope all the ships can manage to do it in a week!

I wonder if Captain Schuchmann will do a blog now that he is on the Amsterdam.  Captain Mercer hasn't posted to his blog since the 15th, as far as I can tell.  I don't "do" Facebook, so I'm not sure what is being posted there....

• Like 1

Thank you Rich for the report.

Hello Daily-ites and a special hug to Denise and Cat.

Thinking of all our soldiers who lost their lives to give us liberty. Allen lost many friends in Vietnam and we remember them in our hearts.

So, we met the couple who bought our house this morning. We had an inspection and they invited family and friends to view it.

They stayed afterwards and we had an hours long chat. Really like them and wish they were OUR neighbors!

Have a great day. Don't go too crazy getting out and about. Stay safe and healthy! XX

• Like 2