No cruising out of NYC or NJ until 2021

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

The farthest south Royal goes round trip out of Bayonne or Baltimore is Barbados.

While it is NOT a round trip, we are booked Nov. 5, 2020 Adventure NJ-TX repo. Ports include Aruba & Curacao. Even money on whether or not it will sail.

10 hours ago, mets123 said:

What Royal roundtrip Royal cruises go from Bayonne to the ABC islands?

There aren't any, never has been.  There were a couple repositioning cruises, but that's it.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the first cruise out of Bayonne will be the scheduled Anthem sailing 11/13/20 when she is due to return to Cape Liberty.  Providing there isn't another outbreak.  Adventure and Empress  only sails to Canada and Bermuda except for one cruise on Adventure in August.  Canada is closed and Bermuda just started phase 2 and needs to get to stage 4 before allowing visitors. They won't bring Adventure here for one cruise 8/13. (which I'm supposed to be on).  Oasis needs a big crew, that they are still trying to get home. So I don't think they will bring her here for half a season either.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, joelheather said:

Not too sure if anyone has any official word.  Im thinking the CDC would make that determination,  then the governor’s Cuomo & Murphy would be the final say in their respective states.  Who really knows,  Still cant get a hair cut in NJ.

June 22. Make your appointment!

50 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

There aren't any, never has been.  There were a couple repositioning cruises, but that's it.

I remember a couple of repo cruises on Royal that did that.

NCL has more itineraries out of NY that go to the ABCs .

At this point it's more about logistics for these cruise lines to sail. I would imagine that the one's that are docked closest  to embarkation ports of their itinerary will start are more likely to sail. They are still trying to get the crew home. I don't see itineraries happening in NY or NJ anytime soon just based on a logistic point of view.  I guess the ship to look out for would be the one sailing from  Cape Liberty in 2021. If it's Anthem than I would say that there is a good chance of Anthem 2020 fall sailings happening.

Edited by Iamcruzin

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The last time I saw the Gov of California on TV he looked like Zebra.

Interesting things going on in LI today,people congregating on both sides of LIRR stations.One group with pro police signs and across from them people with anti police signs.

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

There was one poster after me in March as well. Haven’t seen him here for months.

Did there first name begin with a J?  And was from the NJ? I remember someone like that who was very angry at the negativity talk

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many of the regulars have disappeared.Hopefully they are okay.

Most likely putting their CC posting on pause as there is nothing new to talk about and no live reviews to read.  Plus, its hard to plan with all the unknowns surrounding the cruise industry so its tough to even ask an intelligent question.  

Putting aside the mask, vaccine, lockdown talk, the only real cruise topics are refunds and speculation about when and where cruising will return and on which ships. 

Oh, and tipping...that never goes out of style 😉

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Did there first name begin with a J?  And was from the NJ? I remember someone like that who was very angry at the negativity talk

Most likely putting their CC posting on pause as there is nothing new to talk about and no live reviews to read.  Plus, its hard to plan with all the unknowns surrounding the cruise industry so its tough to even ask an intelligent question.  

Putting aside the mask, vaccine, lockdown talk, the only real cruise topics are refunds and speculation about when and where cruising will return and on which ships. 

There are a lot of posts from people that never or rarely posted on CC previously .

12 hours ago, mets123 said:

What Royal roundtrip Royal cruises go from Bayonne to the ABC islands?

NCL out of NYC is the only RT to the ABC's that I know.

14  days, Great itinerary but did not like NCL that much.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Interesting things going on in LI today,people congregating on both sides of LIRR stations.One group with pro police signs and across from them people with anti police signs.

What town?  As much as I hate all of these protests one thing is for sure. If we don't see a spike in Covid cases in the next few weeks it would seem that the virus is subsiding. I can't take these masks any longer. I tripped over a box in the liquor store today and they weren't even having a  tasting. Between the glasses fogging up and the reduced vision it's amazing I haven't taken a spill. No way am I going on vacation any place wearing a mask. I don't know how these essential workers have been doing it all of this time.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What town?  As much as I hate all of these protests one thing is for sure. If we don't see a spike in Covid cases in the next few weeks it would seem that the virus is subsiding. I can't take these masks any longer. I tripped over a box in the liquor store today and they weren't even having a  tasting. Between the glasses fogging up and the reduced vision it's amazing I haven't taken a spill. No way am I going on vacation any place wearing a mask. I don't know how these essential workers have been doing it all of this time.

I saw the story on News 12.They were in Bethpage but they said other towns as well.

On 6/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, joelheather said:

According to a press conference held on Thursday in NYC. A spokesperson for the port authority was taking questions from reporters.  A question was asked about when non commercial ports will reopen and someone from the PA standing  by the podium said no passenger ships until 2021 from NY & NJ. 😡

What press conference? Where are the reports?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

The farthest south Royal goes round trip out of Bayonne or Baltimore is Barbados.

We've done Barbados out of Baltimore.  It's on some of the longer-12 night itineraries.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Motorman23 said:

What press conference? Where are the reports?

Exactly. Until this is a factual statement from someone in authority recorded in an authenticated press outlet like Reuters ... this is all frenzied speculation.

Anthem arrives 11/13 (yes I know it’s a Friday). That is Over 5 months away. 5 months is a long time.  
Think where you all were 5 months ago and how our lives were normal.  A lot can change in 5 months. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I am from NJ. Is it me? Lol, Im famous!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Did their first name begin with a J?  And was from the NJ? I remember someone like that who was very angry at the negativity talk

If it's who I think it is, they probably crawled under a rock because their cruise was canceled as predicted. Probably didn't even get their money or FCC back yet.

• Like 1