No cruising out of NYC or NJ until 2021

On 6/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Probably will not cancel until after final payment. 

Not necessarily.

Just had a Sept N/Canada cancelled BEFORE final payment.

Canada is closed until November.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Did there first name begin with a J?  And was from the NJ? I remember someone like that who was very angry at the negativity talk

No.  The person I’m thinking of was from Florida and their name started with an R.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I'm guessing the first cruise out of Bayonne will be the scheduled Anthem sailing 11/13/20 when she is due to return to Cape Liberty.  Providing there isn't another outbreak.  Adventure and Empress  only sails to Canada and Bermuda except for one cruise on Adventure in August.  Canada is closed and Bermuda just started phase 2 and needs to get to stage 4 before allowing visitors. They won't bring Adventure here for one cruise 8/13. (which I'm supposed to be on).  Oasis needs a big crew, that they are still trying to get home. So I don't think they will bring her here for half a season either.

I am booked for Adventure sailing on 10/17 to bermuda out of cape liberty.  Hopefully we will sail but if not I'm fine with missing this one as I have been to bermuda several times.  The one sailing I really want to do out of cape liberty is anthem for 12 nights on dec 7th.

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am booked for Adventure sailing on 10/17 to bermuda out of cape liberty.  Hopefully we will sail but if not I'm fine with missing this one as I have been to bermuda several times.  The one sailing I really want to do out of cape liberty is anthem for 12 nights on dec 7th.

I have 6 cruises before the end of the year out of Bayonne, including 12/7 and 12/27.  I'm canceling the 12/7 because it get back too close before Christmas and I don't want to take a chance not seeing my grandsons for Christmas.  I'm really hoping for the 12/27. It will be my first NYE and it's a B2B with 1/4/21

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, GalwayGirl03 said:

ugh we are cruising out of Baltimore so this doesn't bode well for us either....

Us too at the END of September...maybe we won't see each other  :) 😉

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are also hoping that the Anthem cruise on 12/7 .  So far, March,May,June,July & September have been cancelled.  All we got left for 2020 is August out of Baltimore (doubtful) & December out of Bayonne (hoping).

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Neither does my husband, then again we have one of those multi grooming shaver things with a selection of guards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

my husband has been cutting his own hair with one of those multi shaver things. He wanted me to fix the back. I don't know anything about cutting hair. I asked him if it was supposed to look like an upside down U shape in the back? He sort of had hair pigtails.  :classic_huh: He said no, but I am still shy with that thing, but I was able to even it out.  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

my husband has been cutting his own hair with one of those multi shaver things. He wanted me to fix the back. I don't know anything about cutting hair. I asked him if it was supposed to look like an upside down U shape in the back? He sort of had hair pigtails.  :classic_huh: He said no, but I am still shy with that thing, but I was able to even it out.  

I learned to groom Bella with clippers

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We are also hoping that the Anthem cruise on 12/7 .  So far, March,May,June,July & September have been cancelled.  All we got left for 2020 is August out of Baltimore (doubtful) & December out of Bayonne (hoping).

I hear you.  We have 4 cancelled cruises for 2020 so far.  We have 2 more booked for 2021 and 3 booked for 2021.  Unable to lift and shift the 2 for 2020 for couple of reasons. 

Plus  I always love to do cruise right before Christmas and buy some christmas presents.

I am at spray beach lbi this month and alot more open here in nj then when I left bucks county pa.  

Time will tell.   Things change day by day  week by week

It may very well be that cruises from NY and NJ will be halted for some time as the metropolitan area has been a Covid-19 hotspot since March.

Now with the protests and lootings occurring in NYC where people are not wearing masks or respecting social distance, it is reasonable to think that the number of cases of the virus will spike and continue to rise for some time.

IMO, NYC will not be reaching Phase 1 criteria soon.

Also, at the present time, NYC is not a place to visit due to the recent unrest. It will also take some time for the City to recover from the aftermath of the recent protests and lootings.

27 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

It may very well be that cruises from NY and NJ will be halted for some time as the metropolitan area has been a Covid-19 hotspot since March.

Now with the protests and lootings occurring in NYC where people are not wearing masks or respecting social distance, it is reasonable to think that the number of cases of the virus will spike and continue to rise for some time.

Also, at the present time, NYC is not a place to visit due to the recent unrest. It will also take some time for the City to recover from the aftermath of the recent protests and lootings.

Phase 1 starts monday in nyc. They met criteria. Lots of guessing in your post. Most guessing has been proven to be wrong by even “experts”. It is no longer a hot spot. Covid cases are lowest since before it started in march and infection rate is off charts low.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I have 6 cruises before the end of the year out of Bayonne, including 12/7 and 12/27.  I'm canceling the 12/7 because it get back too close before Christmas and I don't want to take a chance not seeing my grandsons for Christmas.  I'm really hoping for the 12/27. It will be my first NYE and it's a B2B with 1/4/21

We are on the 1/4  sailing. See you on board! 🥂🤞

Edited by Arzeena

NYC will not be reaching Phase 1 criteria soon.

Was this post written in April?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We were booked on that cruise but cancelled. I hope you are able to go but I do not expect any cruises out of Bayonne till 2021 at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

It has spiked and parts of NYC experience looting on a somewhat regular basis.

• Thanks 1

Thank you to those that stick to the topic of this thread

I’m still hoping that my Nov 21st Anthem sailing still happens. It’s not often that I get to sail with daughters and grandkids.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

No,this post was not written in April.

I am basing my opinion on information given to us yesterday from an NYPD detective that we know and some first hand accounts of the state of the City from residents of Manhattan and Brooklyn. One neighbor who lives on the Upper East side has retreated to our area of Long Island to their vacation home and are very glad that they have made the move out East. They are in no rush to return to their City residence.

My goddaughter and fiancée have left Park Slope to get a break at her parents’ cabin in Maine. They have postponed their September 2020 wedding which was to take place in the City in a ballroom overlooking Bryant Park , to September 2021. They felt that many friends and relatives would be reluctant to travel to Manhattan for the wedding.

It will be interesting to see the number  of cases in the NY metropolitan area by the end of June. Hopefully the numbers remain low,satisfying the CDC guidelines. But, the numbers could very well increase. 

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I’m still hoping that my Nov 21st Anthem sailing still happens. It’s not often that I get to sail with daughters and grandkids.

Lockdowns can't continue for ever and we will very likely not see a 2nd lockdown. We will need to learn to live with the virus and economies are opening up which includes the hospitality sector. Hence also the cruise industry will need to start up again sooner or later also as long as COVID-19 is amongst us. Hence August seems to early for the US as it might be on to short notice on how the CDC will decide to proceed but towards th end of the year likely cruising will be back, hence at this stage it's realistic that your cruise might happen. Depending how things will develop over the next months by end of the summer you should have a clearer answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I agree,  and I will keep my fingers crossed for you and the family as that is a holiday cruise.  I also have a cruise in November from FLA after having cancelled 7 cruise so far this year including Symphony of the Seas.  I was suppose to be heading towards Norway today on a HAL ship.

I love the Anthem and I hope if it meets Ovation in Mumbai in a couple of days, some one posts a photo on You tube.

Anthem is a great ship and so is Ovation.  I was sorry to miss the Symphony and its shows.  I have done Harmony and Allure.

toodles

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:17 PM, LorraineP said:

Curious will you make final payment? I’m not sure what to do. Still waiting for my refund for my 5/24 Oasis cruise, requested refund 4/16. Hate for RCL to hold on to more of my $$$. 

We cancelled our cruise for those dates about a month before you. Just saw the credit on our CC account yesterday.

Have you received you FCC certificates? Ours came about two weeks ago.

20 hours ago, gaylemh said:

We have been taking the New Years Eve Cruise for quite a few years now.  I don’t what to have it canceled 

• Like 1

We had consecutive cruises booked on the Adventure Of The Seas (9/19 5-day to Bermuda; 9/24 9-day to New England/Canada). Our New England/Canada was cancelled before final payment date due to the announcement from Canada, so we were able to request a deposit refund, but they haven't said anything about the Bermuda yet. Final payment is due in about 6 days, and I'm contemplating going ahead and paying it, even though there's no way in my mind the ship will sail that 5-day itinerary without having anywhere to sail for the 9-day period before & after since it was on alternating Canada/Bermuda runs. Ah well!!

• Like 1