No one knows what the cruise lines will require.   Heck they keep on pushing back on even getting even a few ships operational.  However the major amusements parks (Disney, Universal) are requiring face masks. 

Edited by gatour

We're on for June 2021. If masks become mandatory, we're canceling permanently as well. No one in their right minds after spending a fortune as it is on a cruise wants to wear a mask.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

We're on for June 2021. If masks become mandatory, we're canceling permanently as well. No one in their right minds after spending a fortune as it is on a cruise wants to wear a mask.

I don’t know one person that enjoys or likes wearing a mask. I wore one today because the facility I was in required it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChC said:

I believe if the face masks are required, it will be mandatory for boarding, safety drill and disembarkation only. Once set sail the face mask will be optional. However, should face mask being required to join shore excursion or not is still open for debate, it would largely be depending on ships policy and or local quarantine measures. Again this is speculation so far, no concrete decision yet.

What about indoors say the theater?

15 minutes ago, ChC said:

That would fall to shipping company guidelines. Currently the shipping company does not want to force face masks wearing while cruising but it can not firm its position as the science is not behind it yet. If shipping company can come to agreement with relevant regulatory body that face masks are not required on the ship for buffet and theatres we can see cruise coming back fairly quickly. This is the area that shipping company and the regulatory bodies need to agree up on. My guess is when cruise returns, the risks are managed to a point that face masks inside the ship would be optional. However, the agreement is not there yet. Hence some companies are delaying cruise until November to wait for the issue to die down with the infection  numbers.

I haven’t seen a cruise line yet delaying until November. Virgin delayed until Mod October but that’s the latest I can recall. 

What regulatory body? No where in the CDC order is the topic  of mask wearing mentioned. 

32 minutes ago, johnjen said:

No one in their right minds after spending a fortune as it is on a cruise wants to wear a mask.

Oh, there are people here who would wear a gas mask and hazmat suit they're so desperate.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

No way would I cruise if I had to wear a mask all the time.

Won’t cruise if I have to wear it anytime. Bad enough going to grocery store & twice I walked out, hard to breathe with it on. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t know one person that enjoys or likes wearing a mask. I wore one today because the facility I was in required it. 

I've been wearing a mask since Mid-March, before being mandatory, when going shopping, taking food out or generally being outside my house.  I even wear a mask and rubber gloves when visiting my mom who's going to be 102 and my kids as I don't want to take a chance-both for me and them.

I believe this will be the new norm until a effective vaccine is developed.  

If you find wearing a mask difficult, you might as wells stay home as this will be a requirement going forward.

Ps. Wonder what the impact will be in the next 10 days because of these demonstrations. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Oh, there are people here who would wear a gas mask and hazmat suit they're so desperate.

I would still cruise if a mask was required, but no way I would cruise with a gas mask and/or hazmat suit.  I had to wear a gas mask numerous times during my military career and did not like them one bit, although I did recognize and appreciate the protection they provided.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Lovincruisin1321...My Magic 8 Ball say's, "cannot predict now". 🎱 Provide the source of your rumor. 

Hey Dave!  I think my Gypsy and your eight ball would get along fine!  Don't you just love all these speculation threads?  I guess it's the flavor of the times...since none of us can complain about the usual right now..tipping, chair hogs, dress codes, smoking, elevator manners, unruly children.  Gosh I miss the good old days!  🤣

She is working hard for us right now.  😉 

image.jpeg.9f87f1f343e34d67cdc9ca6cb2b5812a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hey Dave!  I think my Gypsy and your eight ball would get along fine!  Don't you just love all these speculation threads?  I guess it's the flavor of the times...since none of us can complain about the usual right now..tipping, chair hogs, dress codes, smoking, elevator manners, unruly children.  Gosh I miss the good old days!  🤣

She is working hard for us right now.  😉 

image.jpeg.9f87f1f343e34d67cdc9ca6cb2b5812a.jpeg

Agree. Also  I just asked my Magic 8 Ball and it says," without a doubt". 

• Like 1