Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I did sign up for it but I had some internet connection problems and finally joined in for the last 20 minutes and  I don't think I will get credit for it.

Can someone please post the link.  I only need one more point for Elite+.  Thanks,

2 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Have not received the power up points quiz either. I usually get them all. When was it sent?

I have not either.  i hate the inconsistencies in Celebrity.  Wish they'd get it together.

• Like 2

I may be wrong, but I think many of the recent postings are referencing the email from a week or more ago giving people the opportunity to make up some missed quizzes or webinar events. Many of the questions are similar to ones asked months ago when quizzes were coming out quite often.

I believe the last "new" event was the sail with the CEO in the Greek Islands webinar last Thursday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TraderSam said:

Well, we have now watched 4 webinars and completed 3 quizzes. 260 PUP  or 26 CC points. That’s more than a 7 night cruise in a verandah/balcony stateroom would get us so if it all goes well with Celebrity crediting the points, we will be quite happy. My hubby kept saying this is for a free cruise, right? Eh, no dear. Not quite.🛳😂

What was the 4th webinar? We watched the Apex one, The Alaska one and the Exotics one. Which are we missing? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LINGBER said:

What was the 4th webinar? We watched the Apex one, The Alaska one and the Exotics one. Which are we missing? 

The most recent one about Greece. There is a link in the July Captain's Club newsletter.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 hour ago, If only said:

How can we get into it.  We had a prior commitment that evening but have never been able to find it since.  This will not open.

@If only

Look for your emailed Celebrity Cruises newsletter titled Your July Captain's Club Newsletter is here. Mine was sent Friday July 30. The deadline to do this is August 11th.

Scroll down to the CEO SAILING WEBINAR section of the newsletter. Click the WATCH NOW button. The next screen to appear should have your name & email address already filled in. You type in your Captain's Club number. Click the little box  next to "Visit www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club for full terms and conditions. * For every 10 Power Up Points earned, you’ll get 1 Club Point. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member's Club Points balance within 14 days after the month's end." Click the Join Webinar button and watch it.

The reason I am giving you information this way instead of a link is that some of the PUP offers state the following: Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

Sincerely hope you received the newsletter and still have it!

Host Kat   emo32.gif

11 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

@If only

Look for your emailed Celebrity Cruises newsletter titled Your July Captain's Club Newsletter is here. Mine was sent Friday July 30. The deadline to do this is August 11th.

Scroll down to the CEO SAILING WEBINAR section of the newsletter. Click the WATCH NOW button. The next screen to appear should have your name & email address already filled in. You type in your Captain's Club number. Click the little box  next to "Visit www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club for full terms and conditions. * For every 10 Power Up Points earned, you’ll get 1 Club Point. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and added to the verified member's Club Points balance within 14 days after the month's end." Click the Join Webinar button and watch it.

The reason I am giving you information this way instead of a link is that some of the PUP offers state the following: Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

Sincerely hope you received the newsletter and still have it!

Host Kat   emo32.gif

Thank you so much.  No, we have not received our Captains Club Newsletter for July.    Not sure when it is sent to Canadians but the date of August 11 does not give us much time.to watch the webinar.  Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by If only
  • Thanks 1

I have a question about points as a newbie. I haven’t sailed with Celebrity before so I’m on 0 points (Preview) but have a cruise booked. 

I got sent a load of webinars etc to watch recently to catch up to gain Power Up Points and completed them before the end of July. Will these get added to my points before I go on my cruise and therefore move me up to Classic Tier or will they not get added until after my first cruise? 

16 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

I have a question about points as a newbie. I haven’t sailed with Celebrity before so I’m on 0 points (Preview) but have a cruise booked. 

I got sent a load of webinars etc to watch recently to catch up to gain Power Up Points and completed them before the end of July. Will these get added to my points before I go on my cruise and therefore move me up to Classic Tier or will they not get added until after my first cruise? 

Good question. The Terms & Conditions say "Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six tiers: Preview (prior to sailing), Classic (after first completed cruise), Select (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points)."

Note that Preview and Classic correspond to an actual sailing while the others are earned after a number of points. If they hold to this, you would not get Classic status for this first cruise. And since Power Up Points are rather new, I am not sure if your situation has come up yet.

15 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Good question. The Terms & Conditions say "Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six tiers: Preview (prior to sailing), Classic (after first completed cruise), Select (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points)."

Note that Preview and Classic correspond to an actual sailing while the others are earned after a number of points. If they hold to this, you would not get Classic status for this first cruise. And since Power Up Points are rather new, I am not sure if your situation has come up yet.

Thanks - I'll wait a few days and contact Celebrity after the 14th if the points haven't been awarded, and will post on here with the answer. It would be nice if I did move up so I could get a discount on moving up from the Classic Beverage Package to Premium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix1975 said:

Yes, this was my exact situation. 

I had never sailed with Celebrity and watched some of the webinars. My points were added and I became Classic prior to my first cruise. 

When crew saw my card as “classic” they welcomed me back to Celebrity. One of the crew said he even remembered me from a prior sailing. I just went along with it. 

Also, at the time Celebrity was offering double points on cruises to Classic members and above. So because I was classic before my first cruise, I was also eligible and did receive the double points promotion. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 11:20 PM, If only said:

Not sure when it is sent to Canadians but the date of August 11 does not give us much time.to watch the webinar.  Thanks again for all your help.

Yes, I did receive the July captains club newsletter. I wonder if you could call captain's club and get a copy of it, or at least find out why you aren't receiving their emails.

8 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Yes, I did receive the July captains club newsletter. I wonder if you could call captain's club and get a copy of it, or at least find out why you aren't receiving their emails.

We phoned Captains Club & we did finally get the link for the webinar.  It’s very hit or miss whether or not we receive any Captains Club Newsletters.  We’ve signed up many times but thank you for letting us know you received it.

9 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Yes, this was my exact situation. 

I had never sailed with Celebrity and watched some of the webinars. My points were added and I became Classic prior to my first cruise. 

When crew saw my card as “classic” they welcomed me back to Celebrity. One of the crew said he even remembered me from a prior sailing. I just went along with it. 

Also, at the time Celebrity was offering double points on cruises to Classic members and above. So because I was classic before my first cruise, I was also eligible and did receive the double points promotion. 

Thanks a lot. Hopefully my points will be added in the next few days 🙂

8 hours ago, If only said:

We phoned Captains Club & we did finally get the link for the webinar.  It’s very hit or miss whether or not we receive any Captains Club Newsletters.  We’ve signed up many times but thank you for letting us know you received it.

My pleasure. 

I had a similar problem a while ago where all of a sudden I stopped receiving emails from Celebrity.  I called them to "rectify".  Now, I receive 3 (marketing) emails per day!  🙄.  I just didn't want to miss out on an email I might consider important....

5 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

My pleasure. 

I had a similar problem a while ago where all of a sudden I stopped receiving emails from Celebrity.  I called them to "rectify".  Now, I receive 3 (marketing) emails per day!  🙄.  I just didn't want to miss out on an email I might consider important....

I did the same many months ago and have since been receiving many marketing emails but I still do not receive the PUP emails sent to me.  Bizarre.  I've since given up on it and just get a travel friend to send it to me and that has worked fine.  Their mailing system is a bit whacky to say the least.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poffles said:

I did the same many months ago and have since been receiving many marketing emails but I still do not receive the PUP emails sent to me.  Bizarre.  I've since given up on it and just get a travel friend to send it to me and that has worked fine.  Their mailing system is a bit whacky to say the least.

Totally agree, I get many emails that I don’t want & the one’s that are important I may or may not get.  It’s just not consistent one way or the other.  The PUP are hit & miss but we are close to the next level so they are important, as not sure when we will actually cruise again,

Edited by If only
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, If only said:

Totally agree, I get many emails that I don’t want & the one’s that are important I may or may not get.  It’s just not consistent one way or the other.  We have many issue’s with their computer system.

I work in IT and a past role (for years) was senior support managing a government email system, it does not have to be this whacky and it totally baffles me.  The only thing that I can reason is that they have many (confusing) sub mailing groups that are uniquely managed and a change in one place does not mean a change in the right place. 

Oh well, as the saying goes "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ...." 

2 minutes ago, poffles said:

I work in IT and a past role (for years) was senior support managing a government email system, it does not have to be this whacky and it totally baffles me.  The only thing that I can reason is that they have many (confusing) sub mailing groups that are uniquely managed and a change in one place does not mean a change in the right place. 

Oh well, as the saying goes "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change ...." 

You are so right.  The stories I could tell you about their computer errors!

• Like 1