Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

11 minutes ago, chuckroast1 said:

I don't know if this is on topic or off topic but I received a Power Up Points e-mail the other day offering 50 PUPs if I booked a city stay to go with my upcoming Reflection cruise. Those would be some expensive PUPs...

If you're already planning a stay, it *might* be reasonable.

2 hours ago, chuckroast1 said:

I don't know if this is on topic or off topic but I received a Power Up Points e-mail the other day offering 50 PUPs if I booked a city stay to go with my upcoming Reflection cruise. Those would be some expensive PUPs...

We found a post-cruise hotel that seems quite nice in the Plaka area of Athens.  For 3 nights, we're paying around $500 total for all 3 nights.  The least expensive post-cruise hotel package for 3 nights was roughly $2,900 and I'm not sure if the hotel location is as good.  While Celebrity's package does include a tour, we booked a great tour privately for something like $150.

And that's with a "generous" 40% discount from Celebrity, lol.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 11:59 AM, Stockjock said:

We found a post-cruise hotel that seems quite nice in the Plaka area of Athens.  For 3 nights, we're paying around $500 total for all 3 nights.

I am also searching for a hotel in Athens pre cruise now, have to say that to my surprise Athens is very cheap, with this prices Celebrity makes definitely more money than with the cruise price 😄 

12 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

I am also searching for a hotel in Athens pre cruise now, have to say that to my surprise Athens is very cheap, with this prices Celebrity makes definitely more money than with the cruise price 😄 

We were in Athens last week. We stayed at Athens Market Portrait and I can't say enough good things about them. The area looked a little sketchy when we first got there, but it's actually a great location. The room was one of the smallest we've ever been in but it had everything you need, including toothbrush, razor, kettle and refrigerator. They helped with booking our transport to the airport and even provided a bag breakfast to take to the airport. 

My fortune cookie last night said, "Your patience will be rewarded".  I am also wearing my lucky socks today.  So I have these two things going for me.

• Haha 6