Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Since the question seems to come up with every webinar, I timed this one.  It's a tad under 43 minutes from when I pressed "Start" to when the "Webinar Ended" message appeared.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The PUP emails seem to come to the UK earlier than to the US and Canada, which is logical considering the time difference.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

The PUP emails seem to come to the UK earlier than to the US and Canada, which is logical considering the time difference.

Not logical in the days of computers. It's not like they need any manual intervention to send blast emails. They could easily send them all out at once if they wanted to.

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Not logical in the days of computers. It's not like they need any manual intervention to send blast emails. They could easily send them all out at once if they wanted to.

You're absolutely correct, but the history of the PUP activity emails shows that first notice of the activity seems to have been posted by those abroad followed a few hours to a day later by those in the US and Canada. X IT defies logic.☺️

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

This should put me at 300, my Wife didn’t get all the points I did from these PUP’s…will they match her to my Elite level? 

They will as long as she is linked to your account

9 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Did this video cause anyone to call their TA and book a cruise?

We didn't need any talking heads to convince us and did two last year. Definitely worth it.

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

We didn't need any talking heads to convince us and did two last year. Definitely worth it.

That's fine, I'm not questioning the merits of Galapagos cruise but I 'm wondering about the effectiveness these webinars.

I'm watching the webinar now and saw two people head in the water to snorkel, but they weren't wearing any inflatable life jackets.  Does anyone remember if you needed to wear inflatable life jackets when you were snorkeling?

We've got Hubby's 60th birthday trip, including an expedition cruise to the Arctic, next month. I've been saying for years that I want to do Galapagos for my 60th. No company I've seen is booking that far out, but I readily admit that this webinar did nothing to dissuade me from my desire to go. 

I'll keep checking the various companies, including X, and jump on booking when possible (if we haven't run out of money by then). 

waiting for the criticism of the video....this was an interesting way to preset one.   I liked the first hand experience.   Yes its a sales video but also gave lots of information to make people think of going.  Everyone experience will be different.  Found it funny they addressed the pandemic experiences with the videos overall.   It was terrible in the beginning to watch these PUP things.   But getting the experience from someone who went and saw the islands and the vacation of Niclole was great,....easy 3 cc points    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

Maybe.  Depending on their servers, sometimes marketing emails (as these technically are) are sent out in batches in order to prevent their servers from being overloaded.

Posted (edited)

How long does this video run? I just want to plan the correct amount of time to watch it. I don’t need down to the last minute, just a reasonable estimate. Thanks!

Edited by Straughn

57 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

That's fine, I'm not questioning the merits of Galapagos cruise but I 'm wondering about the effectiveness these webinars.

According to post 9084 time is 43 minutes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Straughn said:

How long does this video run? I just want to plan the correct amount of time to watch it. I don’t need down to the last minute, just a reasonable estimate. Thanks!

40ish minutes,   I did dishes and listened