Aquaclass Stateroom selection advice - Eclipse

pirate6667

Hi,

Hoping to hear some advice on the selection of an Aquaclass stateroom on the Eclipse...I would like to have the bed near the verandah and access to the stairs to the spa. Does anyone have any pictures of the stateroom area near the spa stairs? I have the option of selecting stateroom 1527, 1523, 1519 or 1517 and would welcome any information or pictures. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you

22 hours ago, pirate6667 said:

Hi,

Hoping to hear some advice on the selection of an Aquaclass stateroom on the Eclipse...I would like to have the bed near the verandah and access to the stairs to the spa. Does anyone have any pictures of the stateroom area near the spa stairs? I have the option of selecting stateroom 1527, 1523, 1519 or 1517 and would welcome any information or pictures. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you

It appears from the deck plans that the spa stairs can only be accessed from either the hallway on the starboard side or from the forward area just behind the relaxation room.  Since all four of the cabins you mentioned are on the port side, the closest to the stars would be the most forward 1517 which also has the bed next to the veranda.  Since the bed positions alternate, your other three cabins have bed nearest to the bath.

We've enjoyed different staterooms in that area on S class a few times. Lovely, very quiet and would book there again BUT keep in mind it is a trek to go aft. We didn't mind that, but some might.

My husband enjoyed watching the officers on the port navigation bridge forward of our cabin when pulling into port. I heard NO noise from the Persian Garden above, but if you're worried you might go with 1527 with the Ladies Changing Room above instead.  

As far as pictures, you might look at this 2014 video of Eclipse 1517 by "Audrey's Wife Life" (LOL yes that's what it says before the stateroom tour, but does go into a good tour)

• Like 2

Hint:  You may consider looking at what's on Deck 12 above you before deciding.  Booking below the AQ Cafe can buy you early morning pot clanging.  Too far up the hall on the starboard side and you'll be under the treadmills.  We prefer 1540.  It's under the hair salon, and just far enough forward so the window washer does not obstruct.  It's near the regular stairs, not the spiral stairs, however.  Good luck.  We've sailed Eclipse's 14 day Southern Caribbean itinerary three times and loved the ship.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turquoise Girl said:

We were on Eclipse a couple of times.  Last time in Aqua.  Worst service I've ever experienced in Blu restaurant.  Will NEVER book Aqua on Eclipse again.  You're better off just booking a Specialty dinner package.

What a shame.  I've never had poor service in any Blu restaurant.  May I ask when this was and what the itinerary was?

2 hours ago, Turquoise Girl said:

We were on Eclipse a couple of times.  Last time in Aqua.  Worst service I've ever experienced in Blu restaurant.  Will NEVER book Aqua on Eclipse again.  You're better off just booking a Specialty dinner package.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  So sorry your first post has to be negative.  We were on Eclipse for 30 days in March (I think maybe the last ship sailing with passengers due to COVID) and we had great service in Blu.

We have been in 1537, bed by the balcony, but as already said, the spiral staircase can only be accessed by the corridor on the other side of the ship. However since this room is nearer the elevators, it is easy to access the other corridor. Room was quiet, no disturbance from above. 
We loved Blu on this occasion, and have only had one half of a sailing where Blu felt under par. There was a change of Chef half way through, and wow, what a difference - the Blu experience after that was ‘back to normal’ = good food and good service with some great staff.

To elaborate on my earlier post about Blu.  We went on a 12 night cruise Vancouver to Hawaii last April.  The first night in Blu, the waiter went off duty and left us sitting there never having received our entree's.  My DH ordered a steak and after sitting there with no main entree for 30 minutes after salads the restaurant was empty except for us.  They asked if we needed anything else and we told them we'd like our dinner.  They finally went and got what appeared to be a 3 oz. flat steak that came from who knows where.  After that we ate at the main dining room and specialty but still Blu a few more times, maybe half the cruise.  Everytime the service from Hostess to wait staff was sub par.  Sure, they were nice, but for service, I have no words....    Would never go back to this Blu.

17 minutes ago, Turquoise Girl said:

To elaborate on my earlier post about Blu.  We went on a 12 night cruise Vancouver to Hawaii last April.  The first night in Blu, the waiter went off duty and left us sitting there never having received our entree's.  My DH ordered a steak and after sitting there with no main entree for 30 minutes after salads the restaurant was empty except for us.  They asked if we needed anything else and we told them we'd like our dinner.  They finally went and got what appeared to be a 3 oz. flat steak that came from who knows where.  After that we ate at the main dining room and specialty but still Blu a few more times, maybe half the cruise.  Everytime the service from Hostess to wait staff was sub par.  Sure, they were nice, but for service, I have no words....    Would never go back to this Blu.

Wow, that is terrible.  I would have the same reaction.  I think you should have reported that to the Hotel Director.  I can't understand why your waiter went off duty and didn't ask someone else to take over.    I wonder if he was ill?Was this at the end of the dinner hours, since you were the only ones left?  We always dine early in Blu and have never experienced anything like you have.  We did get cold Eggs Benedict once and asked for the Maitre'D.  He sent the hostess!  We ate breakfast in Oceanview for the rest of that cruise.

We arrived for dinner at 8 and I think we had to wait for a table.  The waiter was not sick, he just went off shift "thinking" he was done.  There were several other tables dining when we arrived.  I think they stop taking tables at 9 so we were well within the time open.  Without fail, we always had to wait for a table.  The hostess was very snooty as well.  This was not our first cruise, we have been on several and 3 years ago spent our 2 week honeymoon on Eclipse.  This is by far the worst service we received on the ship.  Main dining room was great!

And to Tea Bag.  I have been on Cruise critic for several years.  My account got messed up so I had to start a new one.  This was not my first post and was not intentended to be "negative".  I was only being honest, which is what I think most people are.  This forum is to share honest experiences and knowledge.

• Like 1

I apologize for my use of the word negative with regard to your post.  I really meant I was sorry that what looked like your first post had to be about a bad experience.  Can Cruise Critic not restore your original post count so people don't think you are new on here?

• Like 1

We were in 1550 last year. Great location, no noise from above at all (I think the hair salon was above). Straight up the stairs into the Spa and Persian Garden.

Our first experience on Celebrity and loved the dining in Blu. It was our first time having breakfast outside of the Buffet on all our cruises and really enjoyed being waited on.

We arrived for dinner at 8 and I think we had to wait for a table.  The waiter was not sick, he just went off shift "thinking" he was done.  There were several other tables dining when we arrived.  I think they stop taking tables at 9 so we were well within the time open.  Without fail, we always had to wait for a table.  The hostess was very snooty as well.  This was not our first cruise, we have been on several and 3 years ago spent our 2 week honeymoon on Eclipse.  This is by far the worst service we received on the ship.  Main dining room was great!

We were on the Eclipse sailing just before you last year, San Diego to Vancouver and felt things were a bit off. First, the embarkation was delayed because of a big inspection. The staff said it was a result of returning to US waters from South America. We noticed things were missing, like limes and other fairly common fruits or vegetables. The Blu staff said they didn’t get some supplies while in San Diego. I don’t recall service issues like you experienced, but found there were small gaps. We don’t ask for a certain waiter or to be seated in the same location, but typically the hostess will get to know you, and place you with the same wait staff. We were seated all over, and the staff didn’t really ever learn our preferences. I think this was the cruise that the Maitre D was leaving the ship to open or run a restaurant, so it felt like the crew was a bit disjointed.

We have been on 7 Cruises in Aqua, on 4 different ships, and this was the only time that the Blu experience wasn’t superior or memorable in a good way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 hour ago, clarky213 said:

We were in 1550 last year. Great location, no noise from above at all (I think the hair salon was above). Straight up the stairs into the Spa and Persian Garden.

Our first experience on Celebrity and loved the dining in Blu. It was our first time having breakfast outside of the Buffet on all our cruises and really enjoyed being waited on.

Hi Clarke. I booked cabin 1550 just yesterday for a cruise around New Zealand in October 21. We are both very excited.

I am really pleased you report that there was no noise from above, and that the cabin was well located for the Persian garden and Spa. Is there anything you can tell us about the room, it’s location, or your experience in general to whet our appetite ?

We had one bad experience in Blu and so asked for a different waiter next time.  We ended up in a different part of the restaurant which I liked better.  Lesson I learned is that there is nothing wrong with (politely) complaining.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, Turquoise Girl said:

You had an unfortunate experience that I don’t think is typical. We’ve sailed in AQ on Eclipse multiple times and had some of our best Blu experiences ever.  In fact, made some friends with some of the excellent staff members that we have been Facebook friends with for a long time, as well as meeting up with them on various ships over the years, including multiple Eclipse sailings.

8 hours ago, Manchester is blue said:

Hi Clarke. I booked cabin 1550 just yesterday for a cruise around New Zealand in October 21. We are both very excited.

I am really pleased you report that there was no noise from above, and that the cabin was well located for the Persian garden and Spa. Is there anything you can tell us about the room, it’s location, or your experience in general to whet our appetite ?

If you can see if #1552 is available, it has a huge balcony, no noise from above 

and the forward elevators never seem busy. Plus you get plenty of exercise 

walking to the back of the ship

Ss

• 2 years later...

Hello all.  I posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd give it a try on this thread too.  I've already checked out the Cabin Information spreadsheet, but wanted to ask those who have had Cabin 1540.  I know there is a Service Door across from Cabin 1535 (other side of ship), and can sometimes create some noise at night.  I just saw a comment that there is also another Service Door across the hall from 1540.  First, is that accurate?  Second, does it create similar noise at night like the one across from 1535?  Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, Jerrym1 said:

Hello all.  I posted this elsewhere, but thought I'd give it a try on this thread too.  I've already checked out the Cabin Information spreadsheet, but wanted to ask those who have had Cabin 1540.  I know there is a Service Door across from Cabin 1535 (other side of ship), and can sometimes create some noise at night.  I just saw a comment that there is also another Service Door across the hall from 1540.  First, is that accurate?  Second, does it create similar noise at night like the one across from 1535?  Thanks in advance!

I have not been in that cabin but info from that spreadsheet is usually reliable.  Can you sleep through a hurricane?  Then pick any cabin.  If you are sensitive to noise, then believe what you read.  If one door is noisy, then the other is probably noisy also.