Well looks like we are looking at oct.

bikerunner

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Someone just posted On the Oceania board that Oceania has cancelled all August and September cruises.

All of the flags under nclh  Oceania regent I believe also is under them. Figure rcl /carnival will follow suit.  Already knew Canada was not happening in oct.  will see   Hoping it’s all precautionary and they will seem be able to start sailing by nov. 

Edited by bikerunner

2 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

All of the flags under rcl. Oceania regent I believe also is under them. Figure rcl will follow suit.  Already new Canada was not happening in oct.  will see 

Yes, I think NCL, Oceania and Regent are all part of the same company...applies to all three.  Plus, as you note, select cruises to Canada and New England in October.

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Safe bet the others will follow.  We all kinda knew it was coming right?  Just sucks to see it in writing.  @marieps I think November may be the magic month!

Yeah. Don’t see oct either since figure they are looking at doing Caribbean.  Skip over the hurricane season main part. Who knows.  Was not happy to see it in writing but it’s there now 

1 minute ago, gordylad said:

Well we love cruising but we dont fancy being guinea pigs on the first sailings back so reckon we will take a rain check until next year.............

Not scared, fingers crossed for Sept 25 on the Equinox 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gordylad said:

not scared either but who knows how cruising will be in the early stages of return.......face masks, social distancing....etc etc

Not wearing a mask...less people, no issue...I have 48 hour window to cancel and get full FCC, final pay is in about 10days...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

I said back in March that I didn't see cruising coming back until November with the start of the Caribbean season and we seem to be headed in that direction. Of course seeing the virus coming back in places like China where it was thought to have been controlled makes me now question if November is too early. I have a cruise scheduled with Princess for December that's looking less and less likely of a possibility for me even if cruises are back in operation as it's just too risky with a diabetic spouse.

• Like 4

Well we love cruising but we dont fancy being guinea pigs on the first sailings back so reckon we will take a rain check until next year.............

Yep. Going to cancel our Dec4th Caribbean before payment end of Aug. Will only loose a small deposit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

28 minutes ago, NC State said:

Based on our October Caribbean cruise it is still on. Celebrity has called people on our date to let them know it's still on go and we could book tours early.

I'm sure they are very happy to take your money right up to the time they cancel.  Then they will take 60 days to return it to you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not scared, fingers crossed for Sept 25 on the Equinox 

Forget about it.

First Celebrity sailing probably Apex in September... perhaps the TA to Florida

and Edge to keep the most modern ships in circulation

Silhouette in November... that's it....

unless Australia opens for Solstice

Some crew still have not been able to get home... imagine getting them back for a maybe cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sucks.. but after checking, it is for select cruises,  nothing in the Caribbean at this point..

mainly Alaska and Canada..

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

No.  It's all of their August and September cruises, which would include Bahamas/Caribbean cruises.  

Edited by harkinmr

2 hours ago, gordylad said:

not scared either but who knows how cruising will be in the early stages of return.......face masks, social distancing....etc etc

That's us too.  We aren't "scared" of covid.  But have no interest in masks, social distancing restrictions, reduced services or amenities.  Or being locked up on a quarantined prison ship.  We moved everything to late 2021 and 2022.  Booked hotel/condo time in Florida next winter instead of cruising.  

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NC State said:

Based on our October Caribbean cruise it is still on. Celebrity has called people on our date to let them know it's still on go and we could book tours early.

We were in Santiago, Chile on 3/14/20 and received an email that morning, telling us our 3/15/20 Eclipse cruise would still sail and welcoming us aboard. At 4:00pm, on 3/14,  we found out our 3/15 cruise had been cancelled. So...until you are onboard, don’t believe any email you receive.