Costa releases new safety protocols...

Fredric22

3 minutes ago, amyjoy202697 said:

Sorry to ask here, that's kind of what the post is about though. I was just curious.

I just looked at Costa's site and for sailing in the Caribbean the earliest I could find was Dec 21, 2020.

1 hour ago, amyjoy202697 said:

Sorry to ask here, that's kind of what the post is about though. I was just curious.

Costa and Carnival Cruise Lines are two of the cruise lines owned by Carnival Corp so the information about Costa regulations when cruising resumes may apply to Carnival Cruise Lines ships. There is a separate forum for Costs Cruises for information and discussion of their ships, itineraries etc.  Sorry for any confusion!

17 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

Costa and Carnival Cruise Lines are two of the cruise lines owned by Carnival Corp so the information about Costa regulations when cruising resumes may apply to Carnival Cruise Lines ships. There is a separate forum for Costs Cruises for information and discussion of their ships, itineraries etc.  Sorry for any confusion!

My mistake everyone! It was only one question...yikes. I will make sure its all Carnival only related going forward.

Welp, another one of my posts goes bye bye.  Was it condescending toward a specific person?  Nope.  It was actually complementary toward two individuals posters that I normally disagree with?  You bet.

Got FOUR likes.  Guess I don’t fit the political mold of the model poster who repeat the exact same thing over and over again.  Will I say I’ll cancel a cruise due to CCL requiring a mask during embarkation, debarkation and (gasp) elevators?  No & it really isn’t the positive image CC wants anyway.  

Have a great cruise everyone whenever & wherever it comes.  I’m permanent assigned to a new ship where sneezes are real & politics are not needed.

Edited by TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail

My mistake everyone! It was only one question...yikes. I will make sure its all Carnival only related going forward.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for!!!   While this is a Carnival forum, this thread is specifically Costa related.    Carnival owns Costa.    If there was an issue, Host Carolyn would have moved it, I'd of thought.    I think it was a good, valid question, and thanks to NinjaCat for answering

• Like 3

Gosh amyjoy, it's not a fatal or grave error! It's kind of like on your first day of school walking into a classroom thinking it's a Spanish class only to find out it was a French class. No big deal. :classic_wink:

9 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

I don't think you have anything to apologize for!!!   While this is a Carnival forum, this thread is specifically Costa related.    Carnival owns Costa.    If there was an issue, Host Carolyn would have moved it, I'd of thought.    I think it was a good, valid question, and thanks to NinjaCat for answering

I was basically going to write the same thing. There are too many in here who like scolding people and think that they are the host moderators when they are not. I thought the question was very relevant given the discussion that preceded it.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Don Kehote said:

Do you go to Kroger or Walmart for vacation?

No, I don't. But I do obey the recommendations put forth by, not only our governor but, the US government. They tell us to wear a mask outside of our home for my safety as well as the safety of others. It's not that hard to do. Do I like it? No. Will I wear it if told to? Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, UPNYGuy said:

While new cruisers might take my place, most dont cruise 5-6x per year in balcony cabins and suites and book a beverage package on every cruise. I won’t do social distance cruising like how Costa is rolling it out. 

They buy art though.

I'm sure carnival will probably survive with or without your willingness to follow their giidelines.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:59 AM, Fredric22 said:

If this is the future of cruising.. I am going to have to re-think my favorite vacation choice.  😞

http://www.sailcosta.com/8115_Safety/8115.03_FAQs.pdf

These are great changes to help people adapt to the new normal for now. It's unrealistic to assume that cruises will be the same as they were 6 months ago. Cleaning procedures are enhanced, there are fewer passengers, and spaced out sun loungers on deck. Masks are only required indoors. In my opinion, it's a small price to pay to be able to go on vacation. Obviously not everyone will agree and those people are welcome to stay home. I, for one, will wear a mask if it gets me out of my house. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Obviously not everyone will agree and those people are welcome to stay home.

Thanks.  I don’t plan on staying home though.... plenty of other things to see and do.

Enjoy your new normal.

The cruise lines really have no choice but to have fairly strict rules when they open up sailings again.  Those rules will most likely continue until there are very few cases or a safe vaccine is available.  I want Carnival to be successful.  Hopefully, they will find enough passengers who are fine with the rules in order to move forward.  If my cruise sails and I can't get my money moved without a huge penalty, at least I booked a balcony cabin.  Maybe it won't be so bad with limited passengers.  I never did like crowds, so social distancing isn't an issue for me.

16 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

I will. I love social distancing and people actually washing their hands for a change. 

Me too.  I am not a fan of masks, but I would be fine with permanent social distancing and people actually washing their hands.

19 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

This sounds great if you're a true introvert.

True. 😄  I didn't think about that.  I am an introvert, so having people 6 feet away on loungers or in the theater is great.  I can see how people who enjoy being around a lot of other people might consider social distancing a huge negative.  To an introvert, it's a plus.

24 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

True. 😄  I didn't think about that.  I am an introvert, so having people 6 feet away on loungers or in the theater is great.  I can see how people who enjoy being around a lot of other people might consider social distancing a huge negative.  To an introvert, it's a plus.

Even having to wear a face mask. It will probably reduce the number of random strangers trying to talk to you. Heaven.

• Haha 1

I don't find these restrictions unreasonable. I am hoping that here will be a vaccine before next May, so I will be waiing until then. If there is not a vaccine by next May, as long as there are restrictions similar to Costas' I will probably book for a cruise then.