FCD Questions

trbarton

For anybody that had a FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, for a cancelled cruise how long did it take for Princess to do anything?  I had a November Hawaii cruise canceled for 2020 & my T/A is still waiting to get me FCD transferred to my new Hawaii cruise in December 2021.

Tom😎

My August 2020 cruise FCC was refunded back the end of June.  perhaps you have to wait a bit until they get closer to dealing with November cruises? Or just call them and ask or better yet, use the chat online, I found it worked great.

Diane

59 minutes ago, PrincessDano said:

My August 2020 cruise FCC was refunded back the end of June.  perhaps you have to wait a bit until they get closer to dealing with November cruises? Or just call them and ask or better yet, use the chat online, I found it worked great.

Diane

What I have is a FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, which my T/A is trying to get transferred to my new booking so I think that it is out of my hand since it’s being handled by my Agent. From my past experiences they will only deal with my agent. 

Tom😎 

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

For anybody that had a FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, for a cancelled cruise how long did it take for Princess to do anything?  I had a November Hawaii cruise canceled for 2020 & my T/A is still waiting to get me FCD transferred to my new Hawaii cruise in December 2021.

Tom😎

I have/had 2 cruises cancelled by Princess that were scheduled for this year. The April cruise FCD is sitting in a holding (special) account and the Oct/Nov cruise is still attached to that cruise (though it is cancelled). I have 2 cruises booked for next year and so far neither FCD has been applied to my new cruises. My TA has asked Princess several times about this and Princess just replies "don't worry" "we are still working on it". 

So, the answer to your question......who knows. Like you I am still waiting.  

Last week we cancelled three February/March 2021 cruises. At the same time we booked two 2022 cruises. The FCD's for two of the cancelled cruises were applied to the 2022 cruises with the third FCD returned to our Captain's Circle account. This all happened on the same day and was handled by our T.A. We hope that we will be able to sail in 2022, but the risk is very small indeed if we have to cancel for 2022.

I believe the difference in timing if you cancel before final payment and used a FCD, it is normally returned to your account very shortly as this is a simple 'normal' transaction.

What has been taking an extended period is the refund/FCC  option for those that where Princess canceled your cruise after you have made final payment. If you request refund instead of higher value FCC and used a FCD, it should(the FCD)be returned to your account when Princess gets around to processing your refund.

During the first pauses, Princess gave some FCC along with your refund as Option2, I believe now if you request refund you do not get any bonus FCC, but should get back your FCD. 

Note, if you requested higher value bonus FCC, and used a FCD, the FCD is rolled into the FCC and not returned to be used on a future sailing so you would be able to get the applicable 'OBC' for using a FCD.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, trbarton said:

Tom😎

When we got home from our doomed Coral cruise in April, I cancelled our October 2020 Hawaii cruise. My FCDs were immediately returned to my account.

We cancelled our cruises rather than waiting for Princess to do so. Final payment was due and I didn't want to sink more money into cruises to Australia and New Zealand when I knew those countries wouldn't let us visit. We had 3 booked as a B2B2B and only had FCD invested in them. I cancelled the EZ Air flights myself online then emailed the TA to cancel the cruises. I specified that I wanted the FCD returned to our accounts rather than the "double the amount in FCC" offer. The cruises were cancelled immediately and the FCD were restored to our accounts the same day.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We cancelled our cruises rather than waiting for Princess to do so. Final payment was due and I didn't want to sink more money into cruises to Australia and New Zealand when I knew those countries wouldn't let us visit. We had 3 booked as a B2B2B and only had FCD invested in them. I cancelled the EZ Air flights myself online then emailed the TA to cancel the cruises. I specified that I wanted the FCD returned to our accounts rather than the "double the amount in FCC" offer. The cruises were cancelled immediately and the FCD were restored to our accounts the same day.

The double the amount was not available when we cancelled but the FCDs went back into our account right away. 

Our Alaska cruise for mid June was cancelled right on final payment date (April 12th). The FCD finally showed up in our CC account a few days before the mid June sail date. 

Our Thanksgiving HI cruise got caught up in the last pause, so I’m not expecting that FCD to re-appear for 6-8 weeks at best. I have no idea when the UBD reservation fee will be returned as that means paying out actual cash.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thrak,

Your FDC was back in your account the same day. Wow!! and they call me lucky. 😳😁

Tony

22 hours ago, polmcs said:

Our Alaska cruise for mid June was cancelled right on final payment date (April 12th). The FCD finally showed up in our CC account a few days before the mid June sail date. 

Our Thanksgiving HI cruise got caught up in the last pause, so I’m not expecting that FCD to re-appear for 6-8 weeks at best. I have no idea when the UBD reservation fee will be returned as that means paying out actual cash.

With latest pause to have a FCD returned you need to request 'refund' else it is exchanged for a refundable FCC with bonus nonrefunable FCC, that can be refunded if not used for 12 months, you will not receive any OBC for using this FCC as it is now not a FCD

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

With latest pause to have a FCD returned you need to request 'refund' else it is exchanged for a refundable FCC with bonus nonrefunable FCC, that can be refunded if not used for 12 months, you will not receive any OBC for using this FCC as it is now not a FCD

But since the bonus FCC is for $100, that is equal to or more than the OBC value that could have been received for cruises 16 days or less.

On 8/8/2020 at 7:26 PM, wallyj said:

Note, if you requested higher value bonus FCC, and used a FCD, the FCD is rolled into the FCC and not returned to be used on a future sailing so you would be able to get the applicable 'OBC' for using a FCD.

12 hours ago, wallyj said:

With latest pause to have a FCD returned you need to request 'refund' else it is exchanged for a refundable FCC with bonus non-refunable FCC, that can be refunded if not used for 12 months, you will not receive any OBC for using this FCC as it is now not a FCD

7 hours ago, caribill said:

But since the bonus FCC is for $100, that is equal to or more than the OBC value that could have been received for cruises 16 days or less.

Actually, you can "double dip" if you still have a supply of FCD on account.  Book the new cruise with an available FCD which will attract the eligible OBC and then the FCC is an additional down payment towards balance owing.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, wallyj said:

Yup. I made sure to request the refund to get the FCD returned. I’m a little short on FCDs, so when we do get back to cruising, I hope to book a boatload (so to speak) The low deposit with the FCD is more valuable to me than doubling my money (that I would get anyway if I use the FCD on a cruise at 14 days, or more which are the ones I’m looking at anyway)

On 8/13/2020 at 8:50 PM, polmcs said:

The UBD fee credit showed up on my credit card this morning with a transaction date of Aug 13, so right on 3 weeks from when I cancelled the UBD reservation prior to me requesting the FCD re-deposit.

In normal times, FCDs have been returned quickly to my account. However, it is taking longer now.

I cancelled one cruise with a TA and received a cancellation confirmation from the TA. I reserved another cruise online with Princess and called Princess to apply the FCD from the cancelled cruise. However, Princess said the cruise had not yet been cancelled so they could not use the FCD, and they could not cancel it since it was booked through a TA.

I then called the TA and asked them to call Princess to confirm that the cruise was cancelled so that I could use the FCD. I really looked out and received outstanding service from the big-box TA representative and from the Princess representative that she talked with. While they were on the phone, they cancelled my cruise with Princess. The Princess representative noticed that my FCD had expired, so she extended it. She then applied it to my new cruise that was on hold.

I did not talk directly with the Princess reprsentative - I talked only with the TA representative who was on the phone with the Princess representative. I want to give a big thank you to the service from the big box TA representative. She stayed on the phone with the Princess representative not only to handle cancelled the cruise (which was her job) but also to handle applying the FCD to my new cruise and making some other changes to the booking for the new cruise (even though the new cruise was booked directly with Princess and the TA was receiving no commission from it).

I explained that I was cancelling and rebooking directly because the big box TA did not handle waiting lists. I wanted to be on a waiting list for category S7 which was sold out when I booked, and I could do that booking directly with Princess. The TA representative understood my reasoning and helped me with everything on the cruise they were losing.

Our Alaska cruise was cancelled in April and our FCDs were again available the week our cruise was set to sail 2 months later. We immediately rebooked in April and the payment due date was extended twice waiting for the FCDs to be available. Had to contact Princess for the extensions. My difference is I booked with a Princess PVP

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

24 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Our Alaska cruise was cancelled in April and our FCDs were again available the week our cruise was set to sail 2 months later. We immediately rebooked in April and the payment due date was extended twice waiting for the FCDs to be available. Had to contact Princess for the extensions. My difference is I booked with a Princess PVP

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

our Thanksgiving cruise was just cancelled in Phase 4 on 7/22 - we took double deposit as FCC's as we were not paid in full

we are also using a PVP and have an extended deposit date for a 4/2021 cruise booked until 9/2/20 - which will prolly need to be extended multiple times to use the FCC as the deposit plus payment toward the balance

On 8/5/2020 at 1:43 AM, trbarton said:

What I have is a FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, which my T/A is trying to get transferred to my new booking so I think that it is out of my hand since it’s being handled by my Agent. From my past experiences they will only deal with my agent. 

Tom😎 

Except you didn't originally deal with your ta for the FCDs.  That was with Princess onboard a Princess ship.   I would think they should help you with that expecially since you just want it transferred to another Princess cruise?