Carnival update

Bin man

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Now that's a name drop.. 😊

Still cream first... 

Andy 

Strangely enough, I remember getting clotted cream,  jam and scones on BA. Strangely enough,  they were pretty good, but the 3 mini bottles of Merlot may have helped! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Strangely enough, I remember getting clotted cream,  jam and scones on BA. Strangely enough,  they were pretty good, but the 3 mini bottles of Merlot may have helped! 

Was that on a  canvas covered bi-plane?   Or did your job enable you to fly club?:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Was that on a  canvas covered bi-plane?   Or did your job enable you to fly club?:classic_rolleyes:

It could have been Aer Lingus,  but I only got to fly Club on BA by being upgraded! They must have recognised me from my monthly commute!

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Looks like things will be starting up in Europe before America which isn’t surprising. Some time away as yet. 
https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cruise-ships-depart-us-ports-for-european-lay-up

Sorry, I don't see in the article any connection between the movement of ships and the resumption of cruising. The ships are being moved in order to avoid the restrictions placed on them when in US waters. That has nothing to do with future European cruises. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, I don't see in the article any connection between the movement of ships and the resumption of cruising. The ships are being moved in order to avoid the restrictions placed on them when in US waters. That has nothing to do with future European cruises. 

It might indicate that NCL are writing off the winter season in the US, and positioning their ships to start the summer 2021 European season maybe a little earlier than usual.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Also, the article mentions ‘lay-up’, which I believe means storing the ships for a longer period 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Italy has removed its advisory against cruising so MSC could restart soon-ish

Cathy

Yes-Italy's premier has indicated the cruising will start from 15th August with details to follow. Costa and MSC have been quietly preparing to sail Mediterranean waters for some days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

Yes-Italy's premier has indicated the cruising will start from 15th August with details to follow. Costa and MSC have been quietly preparing to sail Mediterranean waters for some days.

This will be very interesting with regard to any future roadmap, especially with the recent Hurtigtuten situation. 

As an aside Oulton Jim, my father (whom we lost last year) spent his last 8 years in Broadlands care home backing onto the Broads.  I suspect not far from you, a lovely place.

Regards

Interesting 

MSC won’t be able to follow their usual ‘bus stop’ model, where they embark & disembark say 25% of their complement at four ports in four countries.  At least I presume they won’t.  It seems unnecessarily complicated and dangerous.

35 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

Let's hope everything goes well as I think everyone will be closely watching in case of any covid19 outbreaks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, royallondon said:

This will be very interesting with regard to any future roadmap, especially with the recent Hurtigtuten situation. 

As an aside Oulton Jim, my father (whom we lost last year) spent his last 8 years in Broadlands care home backing onto the Broads.  I suspect not far from you, a lovely place.

Regards

Hello from Oulton [Broad]! 

-from what I hear your father was cared for in a lovely place. It is less than a mile from where we live which is equidistant from the Broads and from a blue flag beach. 

Grapau I think we must all be thinking the same. Jim.

• Like 1

Even MSC's booking is weird.  Book a cabin then add an experience but not all experiences apply to each cabin.. We never really fathomed their system out.

I missed this thread.. wish I hadn't, I would have enjoyed the scone banter and would have joined in! You two looked good at the Palace

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope this link will take you to the English version of Mein Schiffs 10 point post covid protocol, it makes quite interesting reading and doesn't highlight any major uncomfortable procedures.

https://www.tuicruises.com/blauereisen/ ... hrtbetrieb

Interesting read. I think it applies to the starting 'experimental' cruises and there is no mention of testing? What it does say is if you travel from a high risk area as designated by the German government you will not be allowed to board and that restriction is applied from 30 days before the cruise departs. A bit like our air bridges, here today gone tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

missed this thread.. wish I hadn't, I would have enjoyed the scone banter and would have joined in! 

It's not too late to have your say in the 'Great Scone Debate' Depends whose side your on though 😁

Avril 

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Or we could even ask how you say it 😳

Scone like gone

or

Scone like stone

*lights blue touch paper and retires to watch the fireworks* 🎆 

Here we go then - scone like stone for me *runs*

• Like 2