Sad picture

6 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Is the company that sold this ship for scrap the same company that now owns Majesty of the Seas?

Yes, Seajets bought both. Apparently Seajets renamed her:

Majesty of the Oceans το νέο όνομα του Majesty, Αρχιπέλαγος, Ναυτιλιακή πύλη ενημέρωσης

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, sea shepherd said:

Looks like monarch is gone and one of the carnival ships  is gone. And another is in the spot of them two.

image.thumb.jpeg.9e163fc68d930eb10921cd0b9db45154.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow, Sovereign and two Carnival ships are now completely gone.  Monarch looks to be a third gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Those pictures are a little gut wrenching.  I don't consider myself that old, but the fact remains that I have sailed on 5 ships that have now been scrapped (SS Norway, NCL Sea...and 3 in the original 4 above - Fantasy, Sovereign and Monarch).  i suspect a few others aren't far behind either.  Fantasy was my very first cruise in 1991 as an 18 year old.  Sovereign was my first cruise on Royal Caribbean and also first with my late husband and I.  Monarch was the first cruise I took my current husband on and got him addicted just the same. Great memories on all of them!

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2020 at 5:15 PM, Philly Steve said:

Went through the same heartbreak with SS Norway years ago.  Clock is ticking for so many other wonderful ships. Our best cruise to date was on Monarch. 

Our first cruise was on the SS Norway. What a magnificent lady she was. Our second cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas. So sad

On 8/6/2020 at 5:15 PM, Philly Steve said:

Went through the same heartbreak with SS Norway years ago.  Clock is ticking for so many other wonderful ships. Our best cruise to date was on Monarch. 

Just posted on the FB Shipbreaking page (by Timothy Ky) .. recent pic of Monarch, Costa Victoria and one of the Carnival ships.   Sovereign completely gone.   

Breaks my heart to see Monarch this way.  Had a couple wonderful cruises on her. 

ali.jpg