How are you all?

AndyMichelle

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

He won't stay long, he will just pop in, say something irrelevant then disappear... 

Andy 

Roger is in the house my friend and about to have some indoor cocktail party in the front yard. I mean you are all invited to join but unfortunately you wont make it here in time.. or is there another Roger? Hope you are all doing alright my friends. Any news on the upcoming cruises? I am curious, cause I am getting tired of reading upset comments of people who cant go on a cruise 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Roger is in the house my friend and about to have some indoor cocktail party in the front yard. I mean you are all invited to join but unfortunately you wont make it here in time.. or is there another Roger? Hope you are all doing alright my friends. Any news on the upcoming cruises? I am curious, cause I am getting tired of reading upset comments of people who cant go on a cruise 😁

Thanks for your kind invitation Roger, but I'm afraid I must decline. I prefer my parties and cruises covid free.😷

• Haha 1

Morning all - another sunny one.  Hope Andy is ok working whilst we shirk, and that business is good

We had our singleton son here for the weekend, so that was nice for all.  Have my daughter, s.i.l and granddaughters staying in a holiday cottage nearby at the end of the month, so that’s a real date on the calendar.  Haven’t seen the girls since Christmas and only saw my daughter for myMum’s funeral.  It will be almost normal for the family to be together, however we manage it.

No plans for today, just keeping cool, I think

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’ve just caught up with this thread and thank you Andy for starting it and the many ones posting on here , reading about how everyone is doing at this trying time and my thoughts and prayers go to you all that have lost family or friends it’s a very sad time for all . I really don’t have any interesting things to add that’s different in my life at the moment just busy taking care of the in-laws who are 86 & 82 , it can be very hard at times  but nothing to compare with what others on here are experiencing . It would be nice to eventually meet up with all on here to say hello face to face , almost done it with 

Ann141 and jean on our October cruise , maybe there will be a cruise just for us critics to go on 😃😂😂 take care everyone and thank you for sharing bits of your lives with us 

isn't every cruise for critics 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Triplets, but I am more dashing, obvs!

Pete - sorry, just saw your post! 

Don't worry. Quads sounds fun and a ready made team for the syndicate quiz. We could call ourselves the Fab Four or the dream quads. (Other names on a postcard please).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

We have transferred our cruise on Arcadia to one next year (I think Jean has done the same).I think we are both on Ventura in January as well but not sure that will go ahead or if I want to be such a long time at sea with the Covid crisis but hopefully will meet up on a cruise some day 🙂 🙂 

Nope, have 2 booked on Aurora next year and an FCC floating around somewhere.  Quite honestly can't see us cruising next year either.

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all - another sunny one.  Hope Andy is ok working whilst we shirk, and that business is good

We had our singleton son here for the weekend, so that was nice for all.  Have my daughter, s.i.l and granddaughters staying in a holiday cottage nearby at the end of the month, so that’s a real date on the calendar.  Haven’t seen the girls since Christmas and only saw my daughter for myMum’s funeral.  It will be almost normal for the family to be together, however we manage it.

Sorry to hear about your mam Eddie.

Hopefully you have a lovely family reunion at the end of the month.

Graham

• Like 4

Thanks Graham.  My Mum was nearly 93 and in failing health for the last eighteen months.  She timed her exit “perfectly”, 5 days after we returned from our 5 week Ventura adventure, and, thankfully, before the Covid epidemic really struck. So, there were times when we didn’t see eye to eye but I’m really thankful to her that her passing, and indeed all the official things which followed, were complete before the full lockdown.  It must have been a nightmare for those who couldn’t register a death, arrange a proper funeral, get probate etc etc etc.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Presto2 said:

ps Just had a thought ... once it is safe to do so let's find a cruise we can aĺl go on .... only a short one. It would be great to meet up. Xx

That sounds good! I think a few might be shocked at the prices for school holiday cruises though! 😁

14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

As long as it is school hols we will go anywhere and pick anyone up. 🙂

Sounds like a round Britain cruise to start with, Kent coastline for Indiana, anywhere North Yorkshire / Humberside coastline would do for us then up to the North East for Graham and Pauline. Scotland would be the next logical pick up for all our North of the Border friends.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Where's Wowzz???

Gone to the indoor cocktail party in the front garden?😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Hi Rodger, hope your indoor party went well outside in your front yard .

Thank you for your kind invite but due to the time difference we could not make it,

plus we had to take our friend Wowzz to therapy as he keeps getting stressed reading 

some of these posts on here .

Rodger I can honestly say there is possibly millions of Rodgers out there in this world 

but as the song goes "Nothing compares to you "

We are all doing  fine over here ,thank you for asking and take good care of yourself  Rodger  :classic_cool:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I think it might be Stavenger, Olden, Gerainger and Haugesund. 
I’m not sure if anything appeals to me directly about the fjords. Kids wanna go cos Elsa and Anna live there. Hubby wants to do for some big thing that goes up the side of a mountain 🤢 I just like the thought of seeing somewhere pretty that’s different. Explore I suppose is what I mean rather than thinking I want this cruise for this particular place. It’s gonna be cold though. I might be moaning through a lot of it. I don’t do well in cold. 

wonder if anyone has done a fjords blog on here? That would be a good read

but I splurged and got a balcony! There will be me sitting on the balcony in a duvet and maybe a poncho

These photos from the live webcam might make you feel a bit more excited about your Norwegian cruise, they might not, but I cant get enough of these views  😊

The first is Hellesylt, the ship stops there briefly to let an excursion group off, and the second is Geiranger, the port that I'm most looking forward to. 

Screenshot 2020-08-10 11.25.25.png

Screenshot 2020-08-10 14.40.11.png

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Business is manic Eddie, but you have to make hay... 

Enjoy the sunshine... Jealous, not jealous... 😊

Andy 

12 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Nice to hear from you Roger.. 

Hope you enjoyed the cocktails.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Latest covid  news ....

The acting profession are fearful that some theatres may never open again after lockdown.

Why do they have to make a song and dance about everything?.:classic_wink:

Hope your day went well at work Andy :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2020 at 8:21 PM, happy v said:

Harry you have very much nailed it with this post and I know you have problems too. It's made me feel rather small about the posts I have made.

Stay safe. If you were closer I would bring you those fish and chips.

Thank you, Happy, that's very kind.

My problems are minimal by comparison with some, and I'm very lucky in having a very kind and forgiving wife who's equally affected by my need to remain shielded of course.  I met her many, many years ago before she started her initial nursing training in London back in the 60s (the days of nurses' homes - and being thrown out of them, even at 1pm, because 'Nurse - there's a man in your room!') and her knowledge, care and experience have been just incredible.  As I say, I am very lucky.  She also succeeded, where the local hospital had failed, to nurse me back to being able to eat and drink again after losing a couple of stone in a fortnight - an excellent carbonara tonight, fully home cooked!  

Tesco delivered some frozen battered haddock fillets today.  Not the same as proper fish and chips, but it will do for now, and in reality I eat very well indeed.  She's not just an excellent nurse, but an excellent cook - all manner of dishes, English and international!  Her brother's a chef - must run in the family.  I can do an omelette!  Fish and chips can wait for a while - I know where I'm going, but just not yet!  ☺️

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 5