Free Valet Laundry Service for all

Pcardad

I don't know about the larger ships but almost everyone on the Navigator had free laundry and we were in a hot climate. They never limited the items and we always got it back the next day as long as I got it out early enough. It might be different though on the larger ships.

If your undies are to delicate to trust to the ship's laundry, just get a cruising wardrobe  that will stand up to the laundry, but we have not had a problem on any ship, Regent or otherwise. Been sending stuff out since 1984...early on because it was the only choice and later because I don't do laundry on vacation

• Like 1

I hope everyone is right; I was quite upset on the Australia Circumnavigation 2018-2019 where they limited laundry. On our cruise on Mariner last year in Caribbean we had same day laundry which was great.  

32 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Jim, they didn't limit you to six items per day?  We were on Mariner with free laundry and they tried to make that limitation.  In hot climates we go through a lot more than six items per day.

Marc

PS If they close self service laundries, what about people that like to self wash more delicate items?  What about people that like to iron?  What about singles (and others) that use self service laundries as a way to meet fellow guests?  Will they totally get rid of the laundries and turn them into additional crew quarters?

Marc- I don't remember the details BUT I know that Mary and I didn't limit our laundry - we sent out 1 or 2 VERY full bags every other day. When "free" laundry for all was announced, I was concerned about the turn-around but Regent kept "next day" service.

It's interesting to see the NEW SSS benefits! What happened to pressing for Gold and Platinum?  Am getting the feeling that we should give Viking a try!

21 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

In all fairness, the internet service wasn't all that great before they gave it to everyone 'for free'.  It went from 'barely usable' to 'pretty much unusable'.

That is exactly my point. The sad part is that the internet could be fixed with a phone call.

Thinking in a positive vein here.....Oh Please let this be true that we get included laundry!!! We've been cruising for years in middle/lower catagories and having laundry included was such a fabulous perk....."Look John, they've wrapped your undies in tissue paper!!!" What a treat! Now if we could only get started on cruising! Perk is most wonderful, but we need to get on a ship to enjoy it!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

.......It's interesting to see the NEW SSS benefits! What happened to pressing for Gold and Platinum?  Am getting the feeling that we should give Viking a try!

Guess we will see a lot of changes in the coming months. Regent has a good product, but for us their itineraries are a little stale.....lots of 7 -10 sailings and if you add a back to back lots of repeat ports. There are not too many longer itineraries and the ones they have repeat ports as the Grand Arctic making it kind of long for where you actually go.

We are looking for a cruise in 2022 just to have something to look forward to, but so far nothing is really interesting, we are looking at other lines also. 

• Like 1

Like most I think it's a great perk, we got it before because of the suite we stay in.  Do I care that they made it a perk for all--not at all I think it's a great perk for all.  Really don't think it will change the type of service you get from Regent.

• Like 1

I just looked at my booked cruises, and it appears that the 365 day shore excursion booking date has been in the works for a while.  Several weeks ago when I booked my March 25, 2021 excursions the date was the 28th of July.  Then when I looked at it a couple of days later the date had been moved to March 25, 2020.  I started thinking I was losing my mind because I had been waiting until midnight of that July date to start booking my excursions.  Needless to say I would have booked them earlier if I had seen an earlier shore excursion date.  Then when  I looked at my WC 2022 booking today, the date had been moved to Jan. 5, 2021.

37 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Like most I think it's a great perk, we got it before because of the suite we stay in.  Do I care that they made it a perk for all--not at all I think it's a great perk for all.  Really don't think it will change the type of service you get from Regent.

It won’t change a thing based on our experience of Free Laundry For All during past Mediterranean itineraries 2018. 

Sure there were those those who complained that they earned the perk and it was not fair others were getting it. But did the turn around time change or quality lessen? Not one complaint about that. I believe if one does research that Regent said at that time they added extra help in the laundry dept. 

6 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

It won’t change a thing based on our experience of Free Laundry For All during past Mediterranean itineraries 2018. 

Sure there were those those who complained that they earned the perk and it was not fair others were getting it. But did the turn around time change or quality lessen? Not one complaint about that. I believe if one does research that Regent said at that time they added extra help in the laundry dept. 

Got2Cruise is absolutely correct. There was no increase in turn-around time on our Mediterranean Cruise in 2018 when laundry was included in all suite categories. Laundry was always back the next day. Note: Dry Cleaning was not part of the inclusion.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

That is exactly my point. The sad part is that the internet could be fixed with a phone call.

Could you please explain this a little further if you can? 

I was one of those who felt the loss of the "free internet" perk having earned it the hard way, although at the time, we got more logins than others did.  Has that changed, anyone?

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

Thinking in a positive vein here.....Oh Please let this be true that we get included laundry!!! We've been cruising for years in middle/lower catagories and having laundry included was such a fabulous perk....."Look John, they've wrapped your undies in tissue paper!!!" What a treat! Now if we could only get started on cruising! Perk is most wonderful, but we need to get on a ship to enjoy it!

Yes, me too.  We were about to earn it on our WC by reaching Platinum. We will never now reach that level, and will be "forever Gold"! So if we do get to cruise again, I look forward to that perk (although I will still do my own delicates, since they seem to boil everything, ha ha.)

It is true that the SSS tiers seem mean very little now.  But then, if we never cruise again, they are meaningless anyways.

We are "nothings" on SSS (just had first cruise with Regent that was to sail in October cancelled two weeks' ago and waiting for our sailing on Explorer in December to also be cancelled), but received this email today as well.  In both the email and on RSSC.com (if you follow the link in the email on amenities), it says the following:

"Have your clothing picked up, safely laundered, carefully pressed, folded, then returned to your suite each day."  This suggests same-day service to me, which is what we receive on Princess when we sail in a suite. 

In being new to Regent, I found it odd that an all-suite line that billed itself as "Every Luxury Included," did not include free valet laundry.  I understand it is a perk with status in the SSS, but it seemed like something that should have been included for all from the beginning--why drinks, which not everyone imbibe, but not laundry?  The latter seems more basic than the former.  But happy to have to find a new plan to spend some of that $1K "Return with Regent" OBC on this with our booked 2021 and 2022 cruises!

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

PS If they close self service laundries, what about people that like to self wash more delicate items?  What about people that like to iron?  What about singles (and others) that use self service laundries as a way to meet fellow guests?  Will they totally get rid of the laundries and turn them into additional crew quarters?

I agree. Although, due to SSS status we have had free laundry for years, there are many items that are never sent out. The main reason is that the laundry service is harsh and has damaged several items. Regent is good about compensating  for the damage, but the loss of the item for a long cruise becomes problematic.

Regent has offered free laundry in the recent  past for some of the Grand voyages. This resulted in having several days added to the laundry turn around.

J

• Like 1

Interesting. We are lowly "Silvers" and don't currently have anything booked with Regent but also received this email today. If and when we can ever cruise again it will be a nice perk. Seems odd for them to announce this at this time though as it certainly won't spur people on to book a cruise right simply because laundry will be free. Judging by some of the responses it has already been poorly received by some of those who have earned the perk in the past.

Hope this Covid situation improves sooner than later so we can all get back to celebrating cruise talk and Regent in particular!

Rob

If it takes included laundry to get us sailing again, I'm all for it. I'm sorry it steps on the toes of those who have worked hard to get to that status....I feel your pain. I get it. But if it takes washing a few silk panties in my sink, to get us sailing again, I'd be happy to take in washing.....(giggle!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We earned free laundry/dry cleaning long ago.  I'm happy that now everyone will have free laundry,  it's such a nice perk.  For those who earned it with status,  we're getting shipboard credit so that's an extra bonus. A Win-Win to all.

Now we just need ships that will sail and new appealing itineraries.

• Like 4

I am glad to hear (if I inderstand it right) that Regent is providing included laundry service for all. We are SSS Gold, and did not have it before. I only hope that the SSS Platinum cruisers, who had it exclusively before. will be given something additional to compensate them for the "dilution" of their status. But, on the other hand, we found that Regent's "per piece" price for those of us who are merely SSS Gold was horrindous. We longed for a "laundry package" which was at less cost to us like we had on the Paul Guaguin and other lines. But Regent didn't offer one before. A decently priced package would have satisfied us. 

We found the self-service laundry to be a good thing, but often it was too crowded to use. There was plenty of room in the "laundry room" but fewer machines than the room would hold. Thus, the crowd was not a "people crowd" but a machine crowd.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I have a question for you experienced Regent laundry users.  Do you put your name on everything that you send to them to wash?  Do you ever have mix-ups with lost or extra items?

You tally your items on a form and put it and your things in a bag provided in your suite, and your steward/ess will deliver it to the laundry. The staff there will affix a little iron-on tag with your suite number to each piece of clothing. That’s how they keep track of everyone’s laundry.  We’ve not experienced any mixup. 

These little tags will become a remembrance of your cruise, as you run across them after you return home... in my case sometimes months later. 😂

Edited by RJ2002
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Do you put your name on everything that you send to them to wash?

No. 
You put everything in a bag with an itemised laundry list, keeping a carbon copy in case of an issue.

Laundry staff check  items on receipt & stick laundry labels on each large item (dresses, shorts, shirts etc); I assume smaller items such as socks are put in a labelled mesh bag for washing.

26 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Do you ever have mix-ups with lost or extra items?

Seldom, but quickly corrected.

We have found the laundry & pressing service to be excellent in the past & hope it remains so in the future.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Marc, I think they are going to turn the laundromats into COVID isolation rooms. I think the dryer venting systems would work perfectly to create a negative air flow environment.

By the way, I used to run into Tony many times as we were doing our own laundry. I don't remember seeing you there, probably because you already had free laundry as a benefit.

Tom.