Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

25 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Oops, we can't start a Roll Call until we have a forum for the new ship. I just sent a request to the CC help email.

Sorry you've taken offense at my message to JIMESOPUS.  It was only meant as encouragement to him to undertake the Roll Call lead, as you had suggested.  He has done roll calls in the past and I felt he would be a good candidate for the roll.  

The new thread in the Roll Call forum is easily enabled by CC upon request which I'm quite sure, upon your request and with all the "hot posts" to this  thread, they will be well aware of. As far as the "connecting cabins" in the studio cabins section go, I agree with you that if that is to be so, it will not be missed.  As a solo, I will not select a connecting cabin in the studio cabin area.  I'd rather pay more in an inside cabin than select a connecting studio cabin.   

Take care, hope you enjoy your cruise. 

5 hours ago, squick64 said:

I've been looking at booking Prima today (instead of working). I can't seem to make 2022 work (I already have cruises booked and none of Prima's itineraries or dates are totally working for me), but I'm sort of debating now between a 14-day Europe or B2B (NYC TA to Iceland and then Iceland around to London). Am I clinically insane? I guess so.

Beautiful ship, though.

Not insane at all, I really like that Iceland itinerary. And it's so nice to be looking at booking ships finally! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Oops, we can't start a Roll Call until we have a forum for the new ship. I just sent a request to the CC help email.

38 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Sorry you've taken offense at my message to JIMESOPUS.  It was only meant as encouragement to him to undertake the Roll Call lead, as you had suggested.  He has done roll calls in the past and I felt he would be a good candidate for the roll.  

The new thread in the Roll Call forum is easily enabled by CC upon request which I'm quite sure, upon your request and with all the "hot posts" to this  thread, they will be well aware of. As far as the "connecting cabins" in the studio cabins section go, I agree with you that if that is to be so, it will not be missed.  As a solo, I will not select a connecting cabin in the studio cabin area.  I'd rather pay more in an inside cabin than select a connecting studio cabin.   

I'm here to help like most CC members, let me run the slot pull or the pub crawl but let's wait until the roll call starts. This thread has been fantastic, lot's of good folks who happen to know crane operators at the ship yard, keep those photos coming

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

When I do a mock booking the deck plans don't show any connecting symbols on any of the Studio cabins on either deck. Could that mean that none of the Studio cabins connect?

(doubt that's any great loss)

We can only hope.  I booked the TA in a Studio, a Studio on the 5 day NYC-Bermuda (thought there are 5 days in between, probably for promo/media cruises) and then the following NYC-Galveston.  If I do the TA (which I am leaning towards), then the other 2 will go but if I don't do the TA, I will do B2B.

As far as the Roll Call, someone did start one but it is on the Star Roll Call forum.  Not sure if they are hoping to be moved to a new forum or just made a mistake.

8 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

Those infinity pools look absolutely amazing.  *swoon*

They have one on the back of MSC DIvina and it really is exceptional. So much of this design mimics things done by MSC. I'm not sure who is copying whom. 

On a side note, I read once long ago that the NCL Epic was originally a MSC design. I was never able to triangulate. 

9 hours ago, MarkieMarkNYC said:

I was excited about this until I saw the photos. I don't like having a balcony over a busy deck area and that is the case for all of the balconies. I'd rather look down at the sea and not have constant noise directly under me.

I had the same reaction.  The direction of too many new builds is to remove guests from the water, whether it's by things like this (recessing the balconies away from the water), or removing forward-facing open deck spaces, or the like.  A main reason for cruising, at least for me, is to have some connection to the water.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I had the same reaction.  The direction of too many new builds is to remove guests from the water, whether it's by things like this (recessing the balconies away from the water), or removing forward-facing open deck spaces, or the like.  A main reason for cruising, at least for me, is to have some connection to the water.

I respect your viewpoint but see this different. I feel that this design opens the ship up to have more connection to the water. True, your balcony does not look straight down, but more often than not I am looking into the horizon. Deck 8 on Prima (and seaside) opens much of the ship up to the water at a lower level than the pool deck. The main reason we continued to sail the Away class is that we really enjoyed eating outside along the waterfront (Modenero, Cagneys, etc..). It seems this newer design offers more water connection, not less, but I have yet to sail on any ship with the open deck 8 design so I acknowledge that I am possibly wrong. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Good heavens, I didn't take any offense and apologize if my post reads as if I did! I popped into the Roll Call forum and realized that the mods hadn't set up the Prima forum yet, and just wanted to let people know that I'd submitted a request for it.

Has anyone ever mentioned actually using the connecting Studios as connecting rooms? I never quite got the point, especially when there was a perfectly comfortable (and underutilized) Lounge area for socializing. With nowhere to sit except on the bed or the rolling ottoman/stool, a Studio isn't much of an entertaining space. The re-design with a separate bathroom looks nicer. And drier. And less claustrophobic. 

I was talking to my Personal cruise consultant and he was telling me that Breakfast and Lunch is included but Dinner is la carte. I didn’t quite understand. I know that there no more buffet. Do each restaurant have different prices. He  also told me this is. a luxury liners. Most luxury liner are all inclusive. I will like to know the difference between this ship and the Joy which I was on 2 years ago.

22 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Are these the suites on the angled part/hump/slide side?

Family Suite with Master Bedroom & Balcony

881x400_PRIMA-SJ-Schematic.jpg

Yes. The slide idea really doesn't make any sense though. Are they really going to have dripping wet kids running through the ship and up the elevator all day long? 

Edited by Wendy&Grumpy
Typed in the wrong spot. :P

46 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Has anyone ever mentioned actually using the connecting Studios as connecting rooms? I never quite got the point, especially when there was a perfectly comfortable (and underutilized) Lounge area for socializing. With nowhere to sit except on the bed or the rolling ottoman/stool, a Studio isn't much of an entertaining space. The re-design with a separate bathroom looks nicer. And drier. And less claustrophobic. 

My adult son and I had connecting Studios on the Getaway.  We didn't really want to share a cabin (or bathroom) and having the connecting cabins gave us both our privacy when needed and the ability to open the doors and have a conversation when we wanted, such as planning our days, dinner, etc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steff79 said:

wonder if they canceled the Abyss? i think people who book a room now want to know if the have later a slide at their balcony? 😃

I hope so! Those corner cabins are Suites - can you imagine paying that much and having a slide with screaming kids going past your balcony?!

13 hours ago, BalconyCabinForMeThanks said:

The floorplans on one of the videos show "Fat Tuesday" as well.

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 11.41.15 AM.png

Where is this from? The shaded area on the bottom right looks like it says "LANDING" - maybe for that silly slide? Are you able to get a better snip of that area?

45 minutes ago, rscales2 said:

I was talking to my Personal cruise consultant and he was telling me that Breakfast and Lunch is included but Dinner is la carte. I didn’t quite understand. I know that there no more buffet. Do each restaurant have different prices. He  also told me this is. a luxury liners. Most luxury liner are all inclusive. I will like to know the difference between this ship and the Joy which I was on 2 years ago.

It will be similar to the Joy. There will be some included options and then the choice to eat in places with additional charges if you want.

We don’t know whether or not there is no buffet. Just that none has been announced yet.

32 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Yes. The slide idea really doesn't make any sense though. Are they really going to have dripping wet kids running through the ship and up the elevator all day long? 

If you are referring to the slide on the side of the ship (similar to the Ultimate Abyss on RCI´s Oasis Class) it´s a dry slide - so no dripping wet kids ;-).

steamboats

5 minutes ago, rscales2 said:

Will there be a 24 hour restaurant like O’Sheehan. Will there be a Dinner meal with you don’t have to pay extra for.

The Local is the equivalent to o’Sheehans.

Yes, there will be complementary main dining rooms announced

• Like 1

Just a small clarification on my past couple of replies. There is an element of assumption involved when I say that there will be normal complementary dining rooms, as there has been no specific confirmation of this.

It is, I suppose, theoretically possible that NCL may move to a style of cruising where evening meals are not inclusive and everyone has to pay extra. I doubt it for a number of reasons.

However, the fact that there are no main dining rooms listed at present means nothing. There is also no spa mentioned, or theatre or any other type of entertainment and only a couple of bars.

These things, including complementary dining, are all to come.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Where is this from? The shaded area on the bottom right looks like it says "LANDING" - maybe for that silly slide? Are you able to get a better snip of that area?

from this video, there is a short pic of a bar we didn´t see before too.

• Like 1