Ocean Rewards: A New Loyalty Program

xDisconnections

It looks like the VIFP Club is going away and a new loyalty program, Ocean Rewards, will be introduced. This program will combine the rewards programs between Carnival, Princess, Holland America and two other brands.

Passengers will earn Ocean Points to reach the next level. Through a new benefit, Loyalty Rocks!, members will also earn Ocean Points based on dollars spent with incidentals charged.

Ocean Rewards:

https://trademarks.justia.com/879/81/ocean-87981150.html 

Ocean Points:

https://trademarks.justia.com/878/51/ocean-87851147.html

Loyalty Rocks!:

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/93/loyalty-88093647.html

FD5E7694-AC3A-4D71-BA25-2902A11678F7.jpeg

Edited by xDisconnections

11 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

I would have signed up for the free rewards program to see if it would work for us, but it is only available for residents of the US.

Don

I would have, too, I am, and wasn't offered that choice.

I did not see any thing in the articles where it actually said OCEAN REWARDS would replace the VIP Program.  Carnival would be out of their minds to pull that stunt at this time.  How much money would you save by discontinuing going to the front of the line, for instance?  

With 23 completed Carnival cruises and 2 more booked, I was really upset at first.  Then I read the articles again and calmed down.  OCEAN REWARDS is a different type loyalty program to get you to buy more on board while VIP is a program to get you to purchase more Carnival cruises.

• Like 1

I am at the point in my cruising career that I hardly spend anything onboard anymore. (27 CCL cruises)   No pics, no alcohol program, just minimal computer time, case of water in cabin, and bottomless bubbles - all prepaid.  Not interested in this program. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pe4all said:

I am at the point in my cruising career that I hardly spend anything onboard anymore. (27 CCL cruises)   No pics, no alcohol program, just minimal computer time, case of water in cabin, and bottomless bubbles - all prepaid.  Not interested in this program. 

Yep, me too. No alcohol,  no specialty dining, no special coffee,  no photos, etc. Just water in the cabin and a day or two of internet.

When I read "combine points from all CCL brands" it perked my interest, but after opening the article, I saw nothing of interest to me/us.  We are 1-2x per year cruisers- do not buy beverage pkg, spend very little onboard, our S&S bill is usually covered by our OBC or close to it.  So it doesn't seem worth it for us.

4 hours ago, richfret said:

I did not see any thing in the articles where it actually said OCEAN REWARDS would replace the VIP Program.  Carnival would be out of their minds to pull that stunt at this time. 

You never will. It is sort of a cash back charge card

ocean-rewards-card.png

Edited by BlerkOne
charge v credit

Important Points
You Should Know

• This is not a credit card program
  • To use your points you must redeem them as funds onto your Ocean Rewards® Member Card
  • The Member Card is not transferrable, and except where required by law, the Card is not redeemable for cash
  • Watch your balance grow and redeem your Ocean Points™ when you are ready to use them
  • If your Member Card is lost or stolen, there is a $5USD reissuance fee, except where prohibited by law
  • 1 Ocean Point™ = $1USD
  • Funds on your Member Card can only be used toward payment on a cruise booking or applied to an onboard account to pay for onboard amenities on Carnival Cruise Line®, Princess Cruises®, Holland America Line®, Cunard®, and Seabourn®
  • The Member Card may be used for USD transactions only
  • The Member Card may not be used as payment on Carnival Cruise Line or Princess Cruises ships operating Australian itineraries.
  • Your Member Card may be used with the participating cruise lines directly or through your travel professional
  • For complete information on the Member Card visit AmexRewardCard.com/OceanRewards

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Important Points
You Should Know

• This is not a credit card program
  • To use your points you must redeem them as funds onto your Ocean Rewards® Member Card
  • The Member Card is not transferrable, and except where required by law, the Card is not redeemable for cash
  • Watch your balance grow and redeem your Ocean Points™ when you are ready to use them
  • If your Member Card is lost or stolen, there is a $5USD reissuance fee, except where prohibited by law
  • 1 Ocean Point™ = $1USD
  • Funds on your Member Card can only be used toward payment on a cruise booking or applied to an onboard account to pay for onboard amenities on Carnival Cruise Line®, Princess Cruises®, Holland America Line®, Cunard®, and Seabourn®
  • The Member Card may be used for USD transactions only
  • The Member Card may not be used as payment on Carnival Cruise Line or Princess Cruises ships operating Australian itineraries.
  • Your Member Card may be used with the participating cruise lines directly or through your travel professional
  • For complete information on the Member Card visit AmexRewardCard.com/OceanRewards

Great job finding out more information regarding this program and sharing it with the community.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:02 PM, xDisconnections said:

It looks like the VIFP Club is going away and a new loyalty program, Ocean Rewards, will be introduced. This program will combine the rewards programs between Carnival, Princess, Holland America and two other brands.

Passengers will earn Ocean Points to reach the next level. Through a new benefit, Loyalty Rocks!, members will also earn Ocean Points based on dollars spent with incidentals charged.

Ocean Rewards:

https://trademarks.justia.com/879/81/ocean-87981150.html 

Ocean Points:

https://trademarks.justia.com/878/51/ocean-87851147.html

Loyalty Rocks!:

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/93/loyalty-88093647.html

FD5E7694-AC3A-4D71-BA25-2902A11678F7.jpeg

Can you point out the part about VIFP going away? Can you show us where this is anything but a shopping gimmick? Why would you put up such a misleading post?