Donald says still a chance at 2020 cruising

jimbo5544

I'm one of those he mentions... I'm ready to cruise now, as long as I can get home promptly after the cruise..  Donald has a practical, well thought out approach to restarting.  I think the first sign will be when crews start to return to the ships.. I'm hoping someone on cruise critic is watching for that and will report back when they see movement in that direction..

• Like 2

Of course there’s a chance and Arnold Donald is certainly spot on with this prediction. In fact, the brand ambassador has so much confidence that he believes Carnival may even resume sailings in October on shorter, modified last minute itineraries.

Stay positive and they will bring the fun back to us sooner than we expect! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

That’s consistent with what I heard from crew members last weekend that Carnival is planning to resume limited short cruises  in December. Specifically, at least for the bartenders, they plan to bring back the bartenders that have been out of work the longest (or at least give them the first opportunity to work). Of course it is a BIG step between planning to resume operations and cruising actually resuming.  But initiating contact with crew members is a big step, since ships can’t sail without being staffed by crew members. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Think positive....you won't have any issues getting a refund!

Actually we had 7 cancelled cruises this year. Not all Carnival. Only one we took was the Sky Princess in January. All after that one were cancelled. Tried booking others and they got cancelled. Now, we will wait for our Jan 9, 2021 Carnival Elation cruise. After booking it, I find out no steak house. Every Carnival cruise we do the steak house on the first night. Always awesome steak and free wine.  Currently, the Elation cruise for this year that was cancelled October 31st.  It will all be FCC and FCC obc. So, when the first cruise was cancelled for our March one that took 3-1/2 months to get the refund. After that one. Most were either refunded or received FCC in about three weeks. Hopefully cancellations will not continue in 2021. The CDC needs to get their act together and just stop guessing what MIGHT happen on the ship. The cruise lines have all went overboard in doing their best to make it as safe as they possibly can for all.

3 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well, we tried. Sold out! The TA said they are sold out when booked to 60 to 70% . Tried the Dec 5th. Sold out.

This sounds like a really positive indication sailings may actually start. One of the protocols that has been mentioned is sailing at ~60% capacity, so this may be a sign that a sold out cruise may actually happen. 🌞

2 hours ago, solocruzin said:

Two ships (Paradise & Sensation) are headed to Florida right now,  while the others are still adrift.  I'm thinking the shorter cruises may start very soon. Fingers crossed🤞    

I thought all cruises were cancelled until at least October 31st?  I wouldn't consider November "very soon".

Also, you're delusional if you think any cruises are leaving from the US in 2020.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ryanryanryan said:

I thought all cruises were cancelled until at least October 31st?  I wouldn't consider November "very soon".

Also, you're delusional if you think any cruises are leaving from the US in 2020.

Despite cruises being canceled until November, Carnival said they are leaving open the possibility of adding cruises in October if the CDC were to allow it at that time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ryanryanryan said:

Someone bookmark this statement for future reference when the first ship sets sail from a US port. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

November is like... right here.

Pretty much. Actual football actually happened tonight. Football season goes by so fast.  Two months will feel like just 8 weeks.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2