When Will We Feel Safe to Cruise Again

mcrcruiser

Here is some food for thought:

If the US population is around 330 million and we have 7.49 million cases of Covid19 as of yesterday, 322.51 million Americans have not tested positive for the virus. Further, if we have suffered 210K deaths as of yesterday, 329,790,000 people in the US have not died from the virus.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

If the US population is around 330 million and we have 7.49 million cases of Covid19 as of yesterday, 322.51 million Americans have not tested positive for the virus. Further, if we have suffered 210K deaths as of yesterday, 329,790,000 people in the US have not died from the virus.

322.51 million people have not been tested in the US so we do not really know what the actual true COVID -19 cases might be.....however by most estimates at least 40,000 people a day are contracting COVID-19 and at least 750 to 1,000 people a day are still dying of COVID -19 in the USA...so it's not over until it's over.....some food for thought......

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Stop that, don't you know you're only allowed to post negative stats? No positive spin allowed, LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It seems to me that those numbers quoted in the above posts will diminish rapidly once the vaccinations are in place & we are hopeful that they will be available to every one  in the USA by early next year  . Additionally with the mediations that the President received should also decrease the negative numbers of deaths  if the patient gets those cocktails early in the process of the covid 19  virus . Then hopefully cruising can resume in a more normal manner

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

It seems to me that those numbers quoted in the above posts will diminish rapidly once the vaccinations are in place & we are hopeful that they will be available to every one  in the USA by early next year  . Additionally with the mediations that the President received should also decrease the negative numbers of deaths  if the patient gets those cocktails early in the process of the covid 19  virus . Then hopefully cruising can resume in a more normal manner

Maybe.... all the average citizen  needs is access to an army of doctors, unlimited funds, US military hospitals, helicopter rides from home to the hospital, etc, etc...  Then, cruising can start.... woohoo!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Maybe.... all the average citizen  needs is access to an army of doctors, unlimited funds, US military hospitals, helicopter rides from home to the hospital, etc, etc...  Then, cruising can start.... woohoo!!!

Any patient with covid 19 is fully funded by the US government  is our understanding  .There are zero out of pocket costs . These  anti body cocktails are now available  to a covid 19 patient  even though the FDA has not formally  approved of them .  It certainly appears that if the cocktails of these antibodies are administered  early in the covid 19 disease stage the patient should recover much quicker than the pre antibody  process  We certainly hope that with  very careful procedures & protocols in place ,cruising can start post the October 31st CDC mandate  ;however very moderately in the number of pax allowed  per vessel  & the number of vessels .Each month past Oct 31st will be monitored by both the CDC & other authorities 

Imo full cruise loads & deployment of ships as was prior to the covid 19  can not  start until the majority of Americans have been given the covid 19 vaccines ,starting early next year  .

20 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Just a friendly reminder, no political posts on Cruise Critic per the moderators. This post is clearly a reference to the US president. Thank you for respecting the rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Just a friendly reminder, no political posts on Cruise Critic per the moderators. This post is clearly a reference to the US president. Thank you for respecting the rules.

No it is not . We have known about the antibody medications from news casts   a long time ago . We as Americans can  be given these newer medications if all other procedures would not stop the spread of the covid 19  from attacking major organs & lungs  .Candidly these are miracle drugs that can save numerous lives  . The ultimate cure is the acceptance & adminstration of the  covid 19 vaccines  to not only here in the USA but through out the entire world 

2 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

No it is not . We have known about the antibody medications from news casts   a long time ago . We as Americans can  be given these newer medications if all other procedures would not stop the spread of the covid 19  from attacking major organs & lungs  .Candidly these are miracle drugs that can save numerous lives  . The ultimate cure is the acceptance & adminstration of the  covid 19 vaccines  to not only here in the USA but through out the entire world 

Miraculous.  Now, if people could just start wearing 25 cent masks to help stop the spreading wouldn’t that be truly something to behold?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

Miraculous.  Now, if people could just start wearing 25 cent masks to help stop the spreading wouldn’t that be truly something to behold?

We are hearing that thin masks may not prevent the spread of Covid 19 . The CDC always recommended  N95 rated masks   .Back in  March or April we recall ordering 2 washable N95 rated masks on  amazon at the cost of $23 each mask  . Imo the ultimate safety could be a mask plus a shield .now we are seeing shields being advertised at reasonable costs 

We have witnessed younger people foolishly walk around with out masks  & yes that will spread the virus .Here in San Diego county it is mandatory  to wear masks when entering into any store 

15 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

The post I was referring to was a verbatim quote I read earlier this morning on Twitter and Facebook in reference to the US President. I highly doubt it's a coincidence that the EXACT SAME LANGUAGE was used. It was clearly political and therefore a violation of the rules. I'm not going to belabor the point.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

The post I was referring to was a verbatim quote I read earlier this morning on Twitter and Facebook in reference to the US President. I highly doubt it's a coincidence that the EXACT SAME LANGUAGE was used. It was clearly political and therefore a violation of the rules. I'm not going to belabor the point.

Do we have to banter about this .What is important is that the drugs are now available to save lives . They also give hope to a earlier return to cruising  ;because they are a prelude to full immunity when enough people get the vaccinations 

4 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Do we have to banter about this .What is important is that the drugs are now available to save lives . They also give hope to a earlier return to cruising  ;because they are a prelude to full immunity when enough people get the vaccinations 

I just received a text (I signed up for COVID-19 alerts back in April) indicating that the county where I live is partnering with the state to implement vaccine testing soon. That's definitely a hopeful sign.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I just received a text (I signed up for COVID-19 alerts back in April) indicating that the county where I live is partnering with the state to implement vaccine testing soon. That's definitely a hopeful sign.

There are many biotech & big pharma  now in stage 3 trials to have vaccimnes available  to the public  .The only draw back has been some of the  harsh side effects that some have reported in a CNBC report ,like 101 to 104 fevers , harsh shaking , severe headaches . Mind you these side effects may not be happeming to the vast majority of those test cases ;however ,it certainly  warns  people in our senior age group with underlying medical conditions .Those tests were where the company has to administer the 2 shot vaccine . now Johnson & Johnson who is in stage 3 trials & testing over 60000 volunteers has a one shot vaccine candidate . We have not heard yet of any adverse side effects from the JnJ  vaccine  .Thus ,there is a great deal of hope that we all will soon see the light at the end of this tunnel 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

How does info like that keep a Covid positive person from infecting me if we are on an elevator together. Do infected people have a look.

7 minutes ago, Elevatorman said:

Exposure time usually has to be at least 10 minutes. I've never been on an elevator in my life for that long. (this is from the University of Mississippi Medical Center):

Q: How close do you have to be to someone who is positive or shedding the virus to become infected, and for how long? What if they have no symptoms?

A: Close contact is defined as being within approximately 6 feet of someone who is positive for COVID-19, including those who may not yet be showing symptoms.  Experts say that contact with someone positive for the virus for about 10 minutes or longer can result in transmission.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess my question is If it is so easy for the Normal, everyday person to get all the medical care that is needed to treat Covid 19, then why are 1000 of us dying a day. Seems strange, must be so other reason I guess. Oh, we will not be traveling on a cruise ship until 2022 to answer the question of when do we plan to cruise.

8 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The vaccine will not end the pandemic because many people like myself do not feel it is safe. It was pushed through without fully testing and documenting the efficacy and safety.

Those who do not vaccinate will probably not be allowed to sail. If you think the experimental stud you heard about last week are available to anyone I have a bridge to sell you

4 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Rather than getting jealous,  you too can have all these special perks and more if you become the President.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, memoak said:

Those who do not vaccinate will probably not be allowed to sail. If you think the experimental stud you heard about last week are available to anyone I have a bridge to sell you

Then I'll sit home safely and wait out the pandemic.  I'll watch how the numbers of infected and deaths are going before deciding what I will do. 

13 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Rather than getting jealous,  you too can have all these special perks and more if you become the President.

Can’t, not a US citizen. Anyway, I have all that socialized medicine here in Canada and I don’t want to give that up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Those 25 cent masks are only good for one wearing.  They should be replaced after a short period of time.  330 million people, four masks per day, that's 1,320,000,000 masks per day.  At 25 cents each, that's $330,000,000 per day.  Since the majority are improperly worn, it would accomplish nothing.

• Like 1