The Daily for Thursday Sep 24, 2020

richwmn

9 minutes ago, Himself said:

Gayle was a great running back.  I remember him well. Too bad injurya cuy short his career. His friendship with Briar Picolo was insnspiring.  May he rest in peace.

Remember Father I told you I grew up in Illinois. My grandfather would buy us tickets for the Black Hawk's, Cubs and Bear's games. I was too young to appreciate Gayle's skills when I attended in 1969 and 70. I was 15/16 year's old at the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is World Maritime Day, National Bluebird of Happiness Day, and National Cherries Jubilee Day  

One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him...............................

Which reminds me, I once put a bet on a horse that had excellent breeding. After the horse left the starting gate, he stopped and closed it behind him...........................

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Father such good news to hear!!!! I am happy for you!!! A toast to your good health!

Denise😊

Thank you Denise. I am not to lift my left srm over my head for another two weeks plus!  I am left handed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Remember Father I told you I grew up in Illinois. My grandfather would buy us tickets for the Black Hawk's, Cubs and Bear's games. I was too young to appreciate Gayle's skills when I attended in 1969 and 70. I was 15/16 year's old at the time.

I remember you were from Algonquin.  I am a few years older than Gayle, so I remember him well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Himself said:

Gayle was a great running back.  I remember him well. Too bad injurya cuy short his career. His friendship with Briar Picolo was insnspiring.  May he rest in peace.

Classic and, yes inspiring, movie! Gayle and Brian are playing ball once again.........

ti114978.jpg

• Like 7

Good morning all. Thanks Rich. Thanks Roy. Glad to hear your improving Father. 

The northwest got rain fall and even the drier parts in eastern Oregon (like where I live) got rain last night. Still might get more but with the fires we have had, all rain is welcome. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

today is my birthday and I was given flowers by ds (along with a Frosty from Wendy's last night, I have a weakness for those) and tonight, no cooking for me and the restaurant is my choice. I have a hankering for pho so we will hopefully walk down, weather permitting, to our neighborhood Vietnamese cafe. I have already placed my order with dh for a Publix buttercream cake. You can't go wrong with a Publix cake. 

Happy Birthday!  Enjoy the first day of your new year!

44D9B57B-8297-40F9-A659-87246EE6CE4F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Rich:

Thank you for the Daily.  Doctor is happy with the way my pacemaker is functioning.

That is very good news indeed, Father.  Happy to hear it 🙂 

3 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

forget-the-bluebird-of-happiness-right-n

Thank you Rich for the update and Roy for the care list. 

Glad to read Jacqui is safe after a harrowing, stormy night.

Sad Denise has had yet another cruise cancelled. I think we are all keeping our fingers crossed at this point. 

The Sunsicle sounds yummy!

Despite the gloomy rainy weather outside, today is my birthday and I was given flowers by ds (along with a Frosty from Wendy's last night, I have a weakness for those) and tonight, no cooking for me and the restaurant is my choice. I have a hankering for pho so we will hopefully walk down, weather permitting, to our neighborhood Vietnamese cafe. I have already placed my order with dh for a Publix buttercream cake. You can't go wrong with a Publix cake. 

Hoping everyone has a good, safe day.

566A668F-8B26-4764-AD16-A94FCFB3E640.gif.ec358d8adb28124e2222ccfba73d9ace.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all,  and thank you to Rich and Roy for all the Daily information.  Happy birthday @fatcat04!  🎂  Jacqui, we had a storm last night, too, which brought down some of the dahlias.  Oh, well, the deer will enjoy them.   And the air is fresh to breathe outside.  I am still not seeing any birds except for the hummingbirds, but maybe all this rain will bring them back.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Despite the gloomy rainy weather outside, today is my birthday and I was given flowers by ds (along with a Frosty from Wendy's last night, I have a weakness for those) and tonight, no cooking for me and the restaurant is my choice. I have a hankering for pho so we will hopefully walk down, weather permitting, to our neighborhood Vietnamese cafe. I have already placed my order with dh for a Publix buttercream cake. You can't go wrong with a Publix cake. 

Happy Birthday!!!  Your celebration dinner and cake sounds wonderful!  Enjoy your day!  🎂 🎉 🍰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. 

I really can’t remember the last time I had Cherries Jubilee and it sure sounds really good. Not sure what I’m making for dinner yet but probably won’t be the meal suggestion. 

I hope all the storms have passed everyone and no damage. We’ve had the same old weather, hot. It has been in the high 90’s but it is  supposed to get over 100 for the next week or so.  If we break 2 (or 3, I don’t remember) more this will be the most over 100 degree year ever recorded— 100 days worth.  The last record was 99 days in 1994. 

Have a great day everyone and may the Bluebird of Happiness visit us all. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

@fatcat04 was it your DH that got the treatment for vertigo?  How did it go?

Roy

So far so good but he is also on his best behavior atm. No heavy lifting, no sudden head movements, etc. He has another treatment in a couple weeks. Really hoping this works for him. Thank you for asking. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Hoping everyone has a good, safe day.

Happy Birthday, hope you are having a fabulous day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Latest from DD:

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups:
alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine

And
A dish of labs..

Ann, your video got Bindi’s full attention. How adorable!

• Like 1