The Daily for Saturday Sep 26, 2020

richwmn

Most of my remaining September sunrise photos will be from my 2017 Oosterdam cruise from Vancouver to San Diego.  We left Vancouver September 25 and arrived in Victoria September 26.  The weather was obviously not great as there was no furniture on the back deck:

dawn0926.jpg

Roy

• Like 17

Good morning all the Dailyites!

I love Rich's list and map of where our beautiful ships are....and Roys' care and celebration lists are always appreciated.  The photos of flowers, trees, sunrises, and any others posted bring a bright spot to my day - thanks to all for posting!

I have a sunset picture to share - it was also from our 2010 Eurodam cruise (Canada/New England), and it was taken as we were pulling into New York harbor...sorry to see the cruise end, but since we live less than an hour from the city, nice to get home again.

Hope everyone takes care of themselves today, and has a wonderful Saturday!!

Laura

DSCN4569.JPG

• Like 18

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Health and Fitness is something we all need in theses times every day 🙂 Nice that there is a day for singles!

That quote on our consciences had me laughing.  So true.

I think I will pass on the pork, thanks.  I took a roast out of the freezer yesterday but it’s not pork 😉 

DH was a happy camper last night with a Mexican shrimp dish and some salsa Mexicana Fresca.  I’m still picking peppers and had lots of tomatoes and decided to put them to use.  I made the mistake of test tasting it 😱 HOT, HOT, HOT.  He loved it.  I suffered for 15 minutes 😉 

623BBE5B-72B5-4CE2-9DA8-6EDCDF7F8849.thumb.jpeg.8f8ec405bfd012da872873aec39bb18f.jpeg

I snapped a few pics of the dahlias before Teddy afraid there would be nothing left.  Still moving them out and we should finish today but here are pre-Teddy pics:

56F69D79-8E40-4740-8A57-6313BA3B6D95.thumb.jpeg.7bd1ec016c21c2d4af888c3b2dce138e.jpeg

32829B4D-1892-4683-ADFD-ECE81CB3133E.thumb.jpeg.010aeac5797ffa8aac68f230dc806d92.jpeg

BA6885E1-3233-4888-B3E8-E4C63427BEBB.thumb.jpeg.58b2532c8075d5b3e0d56eab2032040d.jpeg

CA25099D-E081-46ED-ACA0-5F35495D5F9A.thumb.jpeg.f3c478299205c11154c9927c6a02c5db.jpeg

A73B4889-8AF1-4976-B2A7-92863F6BB067.thumb.jpeg.d4f9ff7e7a57cd13e950c034f6e4b48c.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list and a toast to all of those on the Celebration list.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.

😍😁

absolutely spectacular!   I can’t imagine what you would accomplish without your injuries,  hope you are feeling better!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Live4cruises said:

A special thanks for those of you who add to your comment on the prayers “for those of you who don’t think you need them”.  I always put that in my heart as being for me.  Work is a horrific struggle right now, I am so burned out, and I appreciate the support you don’t know you give me.  I’m hoping for a mid-2021 retirement, but if I have many more weeks like the last two, I’m throwing in the towel.

Live4, I will put you on my personal prayer list that I go to several times a day. So many folks that work (as well as having kids to worry about) are struggling. We have to pull together as often as possible. Just know our friends at the Daily will keep you in their thoughts. Hang in there.

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, kplady said:

I have a sunset picture to share - it was also from our 2010 Eurodam cruise (Canada/New England), and it was taken as we were pulling into New York harbor...sorry to see the cruise end, but since we live less than an hour from the city, nice to get home again.

I was wondering about a sunset arrival into the destination port but it sure seems to be to the East.  I assume it is a sunrise?  Love being docked in Manhattan.

Roy

• Like 3

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Happy Saturday to all!!

🌺To Rich and Roy thank you for all the contributions you give to us daily!!

I see a lot of NEW DAILYITES ALSO!

🎉WELCOME!!

🌺🌺Dear sisters Ann and Joy!! Our remodel is doing good! Finally in a routine!

Today we are going over to Shawn’s to have a barbecue and to enjoy time with our bubble of friends!
🌺Remember when we went to our place in Maui to fix air conditioner and our side iron fence? Got out of dodge in time due to them closing down again Hawaii? Got a notice from United Oct 15th flights from SFO to CDG will happen and 15 minute Covid test you can pay for and have certificate to take over to show and no quarantine!! We won’t be back there anytime soon but 🌺🌺🌺🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹 I miss the MIA TIAS AND THE GREAT ALOHA SPIRIT!! Was thinking of that when I saw the drink of the day! LOL!!

To all have a great weekend and stay safe!

🌺VictOriann, David and I so loved your video of those precious pups all wanting to get in that tub!  Shawn sent us this pic last night as she walked Paisley in Balboa Park near her home!! Paisley loves squirrels 🐿 ! Check out this little guy in the tree!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.c8fb5a5235f338e6310394c382bc33cb.jpeg

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was wondering about a sunset arrival into the destination port but it sure seems to be to the East.  I assume it is a sunrise?  Love being docked in Manhattan.

Roy

Roy,

You're right - it is a sunrise picture!  I should know better since we live east of the city.  Sorry folks, just not thinking well this morning!!!

Laura

• Like 4

Good morning, all! Johnny Appleseed Day is very fitting. I’m visiting my sister in the Okanagan, and today’s agenda is picking apples. We had slow cooker pork shoulder two days ago, which I marinaded and caramelized into Char Sui. Nothing left of it but the memory now.

Thanks for the beautiful dahlias and the Ontario fall leaves, much enjoyed and appreciated!

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 9

Rode 14 km this morning before I knew it was fitness day! (8.6 miles). We hope to ride about 30 tomorrow. Looks like Monday our weather will get cold and rainy here in southwestern Ontario.

The colours in Quebec are amazing this year. Would have been a good time for a Canada New England cruise. A couple of pics to share from my cousin who lives just north of Montreal. Have a good day everyone.

Untitled Album - 3 of 7.jpgUntitled Album - 6 of 7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Cool morning here and our weather is headed for a much need cool down. Now if we could just get rain! We are listed as severe drought and it shows signs of continuing into the Fall.  Our Fall colors will peak this week so I plan a drive up into the High Country tomorrow.

I really envy those of you with flowers although I know they are a lot of work.  Even if I wanted to try some more Iris, the ground is rock hard. I used to have some lovely roses, but the deer have finished those off. If it looks like I am going to be home next Spring/Summer, I may try some boxes on the balcony. It is my only hope.

Susan

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Wow everyone is really sharing color today. Flowers, vegetables, sunrises, and cloud colors. I love all the photos. They help cheer up a rainy grey day. 
Thanks Rich and Roy and everyone. 

Although I'm guessing the rain is a welcome respite from the fires and smoke.  We got the remnants of Beta last night and it's still grey but the rain at least ended about dawn.

Roy

• Like 5

Good afternoon all!

The smoke and remaining “ick” has cleared. We just had a nice group ride, and we saw 2 of @SeaSickSailor’s Tommies. 😧😳One was crossing the trail and my tire just missed him. 

Joy, did you hear the scream?

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon. We have been enjoying our "Daily" dose, and would like to thank everyone for their contributions of information, beautiful pictures, and good will. 

A couple of memories from our Canada/New England cruise on Vision OTS:

Sunset as we sailed out from Corner Brook

100_7666.thumb.JPG.1ab24fd1a1c4182fe607bb32c070310a.JPG

And the final sunrise as we pulled into Cape Liberty in Newark

101_0587.thumb.JPG.776c4b838ab0dc2298aa42be2638dad4.JPG

101_0588.thumb.JPG.8c406c153bb7be0755371dd446c9bbd5.JPG

Thanks again to all who share their knowledge and memories. May we all be making new cruise memories very soon. Have a safe, enjoyable evening.

Lori & George

• Like 11