The Daily for Friday Oct 16, 2020

richwmn

today is Bosses Day, Dictionary Day, and Global Cat Day

Conscious is when you are aware of something and conscience is when you wish you weren't

Meal suggestion for today - Maple Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Drink of the Day - French 75

Wine of the day - Muirwood Chardonnay Arroyo Seco vintage

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Caracas Bay
Oosterdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam

1016World.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  I haven't really had a boss now for over 13 years.  I do still have a paper dictionary, and we have ample cat lovers among us.  I love the quote and the meal suggestion.  My alternative suggestion is Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast and Blackberry Sundae, as served on the Amsterdam October 16, 2017.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax recovering from surgery (is the chemo finished?)

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California and Colorado Wildfires

Kazu’s sister, niece, and BIL

Debbie’s nephew and his girlfriend

Family and friends of Denise’s friend who died of cancer October 13

Sharon’s book club member

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Mrs Vmax surgery going “according to plan”

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

StLouisCruisers on a road trip to visit aged mother

Fall colors

and @richwmn taking a blank screen every morning that becomes a "daily" inspiration.

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

What a mix of days.  There is constant discussion here who the boss is.  I thinks the dogs think they are 😉 

7CA1F551-77B1-4C48-9D89-3550154AC5BD.jpeg.23e6533e7c52118f9ee88705b24f6a8a.jpeg

YAY on Global Cat Day!

BFEC8486-9E34-458D-82A8-A7C8459037AA.jpeg.ae524ad076d00c83a20eda599abca306.jpeg

I love that quote for today.  Not sure about the meal and what we will have tonight.  It will depend upon how much energy I have left after cleaning out all my planters and digging out the dahlias today.

The drink of the day & wine suggestion sounds interesting - looking forward to the descriptions.

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list and to all those who need them and a tip of the hat to everyone on the Celebratory list.

Have a great T.G.I.F. everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your  masks. 😷 

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone!  Thank you Rich and Roy for your daily enticement to a semi-normal life.  Love the quote and the combo of days.  I have had wonderful bosses over my lifetime.  Right now it is the cat.

French 75:

Ingredients: 1 oz Gin, 1/2 oz Lemon juice, 2 Dashes Simple syrup, 2 oz Champagne

Preparation: Combine gin, syrup, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into an iced champagne glass. Top up with Champagne. Stir gently.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

967A024C-49BD-494B-BCDC-63C2A9526F32.jpeg

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 16

Rich:  Thank you for the morning Fleet report.  I wonder why HAL has moved the sgips from the Netherlands to old mother England?  I am sure Copper 10/8 will have an answer-probably "inside information."

Roy, thank you for your prayer list .  Thanks to all who have given information to this great thread. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Ah, but from the ships standpoint, isn’t The Nederlands “mother”?

It sure is and that is why I was surprised by the move.  Perhaps the waters of the homeland are too crowded with ships.

• Like 3

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. 

Good morning sisters and fellow Dailyites. I have just spent my morning cleaning up our yard from a really bad wind storm. Our flag and holder were pulled right out of the brickwork and of course today is trash and recycle day, so spent time helping neighbors pick up their trash too.

Prayers for all on Roy's list.

Have a great weekend. God bless.

• Like 8

Good Morning Rich and Dailyites! You have come through again with so many things to appreciate and providing photos & words to provide outright hoots of laughter. Thank you so very much.

I want to give a special shout out to RafinMD/Roy for writing, "and @richwmn taking a blank screen every morning that becomes a "daily" inspiration." Great wordsmithing that echoes my sentiments, and probably many others who follow this thread every day.

Wishing everyone a terrific day during these 'interesting' times. Please stay safe. And please, wear a mask.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I've been my own boss for 5 years now, and can say it's the best job ever!  Great quote, and love the combination of days.  I often become our dictionary while DH is on the computer; more often than not, he'll say "Ger, how do you spell *insert word here*", as I've always been good at spelling. I'll share a pic of our beloved Sochi playing with one of her stuffed mice on the stairs:  image.jpeg.f69e036148f05a3eca4277014eba2d2e.jpeg

Dinner tonight is up to DH, so I'm not sure what we'll be having, but it's always an adventure when he's in the kitchen (ever had cream of sardine soup or sherried beans?).  And wine.  Lots of wine.  LOL

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  I'll raise the wine glass to toast all on the celebratory list tonight.  Be well, stay safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 18

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! You turn a blank screen into a great place to visit!  Roy thank you for our lists. Morning all - though just barely! I headed out for an early morning kayak trip. Just a perfect morning to be out on the water.

Great selection of days. The meal sounds delicious. @ger_77- cream of sardine soup? Please pass the wine.  Joy, sorry about your wind damage. 

Prayers to all who need support. Cheers to all we are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone!

Could not find too much info about this Monterrey Chardonnay, but it has a rating in the high 80s, a price around $14, and seems to be getting more popular with each vintage.

A broad peach aroma is lifted by accents of seared lemon, browned butter and smoke on the nose of this bottling. Oak shows on the palate right away, but is pleasantly integrated into the lemon balm flavor.  MATT KETTMANN

• RATING
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bennybear said:

Thanks just everyone!   NO to sardine soup,  🤢🥴

so had had my flu shot , yesterday.  Has anyone else done the high dose?  

Now just just going to go for a walk before the s#$@hits!   

A7F40DBE-B831-468A-B999-BEDE18813BDB.gif.081da0a4d5b95661bb9c45ca6a5c915f.gif

Sorry about your yucky weather 😞 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Himself said:

Rich:  Thank you for the morning Fleet report.  I wonder why HAL has moved the sgips from the Netherlands to old mother England?  I am sure Copper 10/8 will have an answer-probably "inside information."

Roy, thank you for your prayer list .  Thanks to all who have given information to this great thread. 

Having grown up in The Netherlands I am just making an educated guess that the weather conditions along the Western coast of Holland are not a good location for any of these cruise ships  in the fall . You might see there are no cruise ships left there at all and that they are all hiding in different bays off the Southern coast of Great Britain near Torbay , Weymouth and Bournemouth . 

Stormwinds from the West can be incredibly strong in the winter and fall in the North Sea .

Let's see if  @ Copper 10-8   agrees .........???? 

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I always do the high dose also with no  noticable effets other than sore arm for a few days.  The sickest I have ever been was flu about 10 years ago so I don't mess around.  Luckily not since.   

Stay safe everyone.

Prayers and Cheers

Cindy

• Like 7