The Daily for Wednesday Nov 4, 2020

richwmn

today is King Tut Day, Check Your Blood Pressure Day, and Use Your Common Sense Day

"I didn't know it was impossible when I did it."

Meal suggestion for today - Lemon Shrimp with Garlicky Rice

Drink of the Day - Bellini

Wine of the day - Antinori Toscana Tignanello vintage 2015

at Sea Caribbean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Willemstad eta 11/7
Oosterdam destination Sint Eustatius eta 11/7

Caracas Bay
Eurodam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Southampton
Zaandam

Taboga Panama
Koningsdam

Torquay Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam

1104World.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Another great selection of days and quotes.  I don't eat seafood so my alternate menu suggestion is Canaletto Spaghetti Pomodoro, Braised Chicken Cacciatore "Al Forno" and Pistacio Gelato, as served on the Prinsendam October 4, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes05.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California Wildfires

Patience and healing for the USA

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Progress on California Wildfires

Easy plumbing repair for cruising along

And First time voters

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

A good selection of days.  Love the quote.

Both meal suggestions sound good to me, don't know what to choose.

It's warming up here, today's high should be 14C (57F), time to rake more leaves.

Sending prayers for all.   A big shoutout to all celebrating.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 10

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Interesting combination of days.  I didn’t know that the Boy King had a day.  Common sense is so important.

I love that quote.

Meal suggestion sounds good to me.  We were going to have something else in the slow cooker but this is tempting.

A Bellini sounds very tempting.  With the news I woke up to I definitely need some quarantine coffee.

BC611157-B7CD-4E6B-BE47-BBBE89E7C18F.jpeg.56746412dff789da9b6ac750f80f47a6.jpeg

It was way too early this morning thanks to the dogs ignoring the time change 😞 

261FFEA3-AD22-47CD-ABFA-5F8385A48F1B.thumb.jpeg.7791cc439666703b970c78eec0b6cf08.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list & for all who need them and a toast to everyone on his shout out list.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks.😷 

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good  morning dailyites.  Thank you Rich for your wonderful maps.  I am intrigued by King Tut and all the wonderful items they found in his tomb.  Check our blood pressure daily, I'm sure it will be up today, and I hope everyone uses their common sense whatever the outcome of the elections is.
The quote is so spot on for many people who tried and then found out it shouldn't have worked.
Will pass on the menu, having a plain shrimp platter today.
Prayers and congratulations to all!!

A Bellini is a cocktail made with Prosecco and peach purée or nectar. It originated in Venice, Italy.
Ingredients: 2 oz Fresh peach purée, 4 oz Prosecco, White peaches
Preparation: Pour peach puree into chilled flute, add Prosecco. Stir gently.
Served: Straight up; without ice

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.
  • Like 11

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. Would sure like to down a Bellini or two right now!

Good morning Daily-ites, and my sweet sisters. Love you two❤️

I believe most American's have a bit of raised blood pressure this morning, not knowing the outcome of who will be our next president. Like the quote of the day.

Thank you Roy, Ann and summer for your contributions. Summer, hope your day is better today!

This morning I have my eye doctor appt. Tomorrow (finally) we get our drivers license. Texas has been backed up for months.

Having friends over this afternoon for cocktails. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. So probably going to have appetizers for our dinner tonight.

Take it easy, keep praying for our nation. Love one another. Sending blessings out to all.

Funny thoughts and jokes. | Facebook

image.jpeg.700ac38cdc96fcf20a09501b62b5feb9.jpeg

• Like 17

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We've been fortunate to have seen the King Tut exhibit while on a cruise to Egypt - I stared at the beautiful golden mask, trying to burn the image into my brain, knowing I would likely never see it again.  I think many people will be checking their blood pressure today, 'nuff said.

A good combination of foods to choose from - I'll start with the garlic shrimp, the Chicken Cacciatori, and round it out with the pistachio gelato.  What, wait?  I'm not on a ship?  Fine, then it looks like it'll just be breaded pork chops, hasselback potatoes and a salad.  And wine.

I love the drink of the day - a question:  why isn't something like that offered at breakfast?  It would be a great way to start the day with bubbly fresh peach puree, and a nice change from mimosas.  Just a thought; I think I stayed up way too late last night watching election results.  LOL  Glass Peach Bellini Stock Illustrations – 23 Glass Peach Bellini Stock  Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the wine glasses for all on the celebration list, especially those doing double duty at the counting desks.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 14

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Love today’s combo of days! I will do my best to use my common sense today! An inspiring quote!

Love the meal suggestion, though I will substitute freekeh for the rice.  I have had the drink of the day! I believe this is the second one I have actually had.

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Joy, we have another red wine today. 
Roy, thank you four keeping our lists!

@kazu, if I lived near you, I would be inviting myself over to have a cup of quarantine coffee with you. I would wear a mask & stay 15 feet away. And I would bring wipes with me, so I could disinfect anything I touch.

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This superbly rated, red blend from Tuscany has a price to match. The US lowest price for a full bottle that I found online was $149.00. Later vintages might be a bit less expensive, though you might have to wait a bit to drink them. The great news - all vintages share in the superb ratings! Too bad it is a bit too rich for my budget.

#24 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

The 2015 Tignanello is a very intense ruby red in color. On the nose, the notes of ripe red fruit, together with cassis and blackberries, are in perfect balance with the hints of chocolate and liquorice. The palate is rich, ample, and vibrant and is endowed with lively and silky tannins which give a great complexity and an important length to the finish and aftertaste.

WS97
Wine Spectator: Dense and intensely flavored, with violet, black currant, blackberry, graphite, wild herb and spice aromas and flavors, this is concentrated and solidly built, yet also harmonious, vibrant and pure. Approachable now, but should be better in a few years. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Best from 2021 through 2035.
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

This superbly rated, red blend from Tuscany has a price to match. The US lowest price for a full bottle that I found online was $149.00. Later vintages might be a bit less expensive, though you might have to wait a bit to drink them. The great news - all vintages share in the superb ratings! Too bad it is a bit too rich for my budget.

I'd love to try today's wine, but it looks like I'll have to win the lottery first!   It's interesting over the years how my palate has changed - for many years I drank whites, but began drinking reds about 5 years ago, and now that's what I definitely prefer.

A question - what is freekeh?  Is it pronounced "freaky"?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

if I lived near you, I would be inviting myself over to have a cup of quarantine coffee with you. I would wear a mask & stay 15 feet away. And I would bring wipes with me, so I could disinfect anything I touch.

LOL.  I don’t actually have tequila in the house 😉 

• Like 5

Good morning all.  Two of the days are spot on - and throw back a couple of bellinis (especially if they are peach).  Love the quote!  We are have an outing this morning - to Niagara Falls to see a poppy display.  Crocheted poppies from all over the world were sent to the museum in NF.  The ladies group sewed them on netting and with the help of the firefighters and their truck ladders hung them on the building.  I will share pictures later.  We are having a heat spell for the next week - around 65 F, but we will take it and soak up some of the rays.  My best to all.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I'd love to try today's wine, but it looks like I'll have to win the lottery first!   It's interesting over the years how my palate has changed - for many years I drank whites, but began drinking reds about 5 years ago, and now that's what I definitely prefer.

A question - what is freekeh?  Is it pronounced "freaky"?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

The wine does sound great, but out of my reach.  Free-keh (“eh” with a k in front of it) is a whole grain I was introduced to during my Blue Apron days. I usually find it online, since none of my local stores carry it. It has a great deal of flavor.

F4783529-C85B-46CF-B2B5-F09DFF270A34.jpeg

86A50592-A997-4DD8-9C72-E75BF51847BE.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Good morning all.  Two of the days are spot on - and throw back a couple of bellinis (especially if they are peach).  Love the quote!  We are have an outing this morning - to Niagara Falls to see a poppy display.  Crocheted poppies from all over the world were sent to the museum in NF.  The ladies group sewed them on netting and with the help of the firefighters and their truck ladders hung them on the building.  I will share pictures later.  We are having a heat spell for the next week - around 65 F, but we will take it and soak up some of the rays.  My best to all.

Georgina, how cool. Thank you for sharing it with us!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got bogged down with arranging gutter cleaning, leaf removal, electrical repairs for our condo sale, setting up the grill and patio furniture (we'll get to use it for maybe a week and then put it back to bed), and furniture arranging yesterday. Before I knew it, it was too late to add to the Daily thread. 

Given how the voting results are trickling in, there will be lots of blood pressure checking today. Sadly, I am afraid it is far too late for any common sense. 

Here is sunset over Pittsburgh (I grew up there) from our niece's apartment building roof (August, 2018) -

image.thumb.png.053aa3a0e69b86dcd57ce01e26b1b052.png

image.thumb.png.83a21dc13a3634da5582bb516331456f.png

image.thumb.png.f9192c2e060adf002127ced3f45423e9.png

• Like 11

Good morning, all! We should be on the Grand Africa a year from now, and visiting King Tut’s tomb close to this date! And yes, it’s amazing what you can accomplish if you haven’t been told  it’s impossible. I have no shrimp, but we have scallops. They could be delicious with lemon and garlicky rice.

We got the dreaded email yesterday that our Zaandam cruise next October has been cancelled.  Not the GA, thank goodness, but the East Coast B2B leg before that in the same cabin. Now we wait and see if we can rebook whatever the Zaandam is doing during that time. Otherwise, we have lots of FCC for something in 2022.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 6

Good morning all!  Great combination today.  I (like @ger_77) saw King Tut's  exhibit.  Once in Seattle years ago when it was "traveling" and once on a cruise to Egypt.  That whole cruise was beyond amazing! 

Hoping for common sense in our country and keeping our blood pressure down.  I'm sure a lot of us are bleary-eyed this morning, especially my east coast friends who stayed up late last night.

Love lemon shrimp and the garlic rice sounds great too, as does the Bellini.  Will pass on the wine and stick with my whites. 🙂 

• Like 8