The Daily for Saturday Nov 7, 2020

richwmn

A Manhattan was my Dad's favorite cocktail so I got to make lots of them. He preferred bourbon in his. The choice of whiskey and sweet vermouth can a huge difference in how they taste. Another opportunity for a research project!

Would love to be doing this again -

image.thumb.png.0e1ce977268bc499fdb561b14a6f76e9.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning my adorable sisters! ❤️

🌺🌺Good morning right back at you Joy and Ann!!!!!! Joy, glad Today you get your oysters 🦪!!🌺 Ann, Thank you so much for our daily wine descriptions!NO to the 🍷! How do they come up the descriptions? 
Leather? Ick, Iron? I think of liquid iron as a kid my mom would give me! 😱! And of all things tobacco!! Sounds like a MAN’S

Drink from the good old days of American History of BOSS TWEED!!!LOL

JOY IS CORRECT!!

🌺🌺To Rich and Roy!! Thank you for everything!!! To take time daily to give us such a fun board is real dedication!!

This is my ADDICTION WITH MY COFFEE EVERY MORNING!!

🌺🌺Summer a shout out for doing our cocktails daily! Even with a lot of them not being a drink of choice, I sure am learning a lot!!

Denise🇺🇸

• Like 10

Good morning all!  Yum, a day for dark chocolate w/almonds.  Love lamb chops too, especially those served on a HAL ship.

Yesterday I painted our coat closet in the entry -- it had been emptied for a few weeks because we had new insulation put in the crawl space so people were coming and going...I figured I might as well give it a coat of paint before we put everything back.  Today and tomorrow will be the only fairly nice days in the forecast, so hope to get outside and rake more leaves....sigh. 🍂🍁

Here are two photos of bears (young ones) we saw in Yellowstone last year.  It's also National Bison Day so here's a photo of our grandson with a life-size huggable bison 😉  

65830809_10217293371979141_3530951017006891008_n.jpg

66015015_10217293372499154_6739125023992184832_n.jpg

65524406_10206527136094167_8329271618056486912_n.jpg

• Like 17

Good morning all! We had our flu shots yesterday, so spending the day with a book and some chocolate with almonds sounds good to me. The quote sounds like me far more often than I care to admit! Lamb or prime rib? Very tough call, as they’re two of my favourites.

@ger_77i also love my new air fryer toaster oven! It does a great job fast. I haven’t tried @TiogaCruiserHassleback potatoes in it yet. They would be amazing that way!

I missed yesterday - I was finishing off Christmas gifts and mailing them off to my daughter and SIL in Taiwan. It included a lined eco print bag with phone and card pockets, and a couple of unlined printed shopping bags. I just discovered that the fir tips and needles that rain down on us constantly also print beautifully. For that, I forgive them the mess they make on the porches and cars!

912D968A-E302-42DF-B723-13402C144DC0.jpeg

E912535F-7461-4B97-8F67-2CFEA24DC389.jpeg

42C9B2F0-A002-46F5-971B-4018BB216D79.jpeg

911722F7-2824-4B32-8E3F-6DD3CB812464.jpeg

DDE56FA2-215B-471A-87BD-A167C3C43DA6.jpeg

• Like 19

My kind of day.... love the chocolate, the lamb, and the books. And I would be happy with the Prime Rib.

The best thing about today is that it is raining!!!!  raining, raining!!!!!!  Temps are supposed to drop this afternoon and for the next couple of days and snow is in the forecast. Moisture is most welcome as we are in extreme drought.  Unfortunately I did not get one bush trimmed back before the bad weather came in but I am sure it will warm enough next week for me to get at it. One of my neighbors was supposed to trim it, but as you all know.... if you want it done, do it yourself.

Susan

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@cat shepard Good morning Ann. Are you in any danger of the incoming storm? I was thinking of you when I woke up this morning. XX, Joy

As of this minute, I will get 1 - 4 inches and winds in the 40 mph range.  But I will wait until tomorrow to see if that changes.

It appears the Keys may get a bit more, so my 11/30 trip postponed from April, may get postponed again depending on the damage. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

A Manhattan was my Dad's favorite cocktail so I got to make lots of them. He preferred bourbon in his. The choice of whiskey and sweet vermouth can a huge difference in how they taste. Another opportunity for a research project!

Let me be the first to request a full page report.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

It’s been a long election for our American friends - quite an ordeal.

So just in case you have had difficulty reaching the emotional support Canadian volunteers:

1B62DA6A-93DD-412E-B442-60B0446263E3.jpeg.f782333581d1463e9e464dcc58c9c5b8.jpeg

Looks like the long wait is over and you have a new President Elect.

Thank you Jacqui!🇺🇸 
You & the rest of our Canadian Dailyites have served in that role for me, even though you might not have known it.

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

As of this minute, I will get 1 - 4 inches and winds in the 40 mph range.  But I will wait until tomorrow to see if that changes.

It appears the Keys may get a bit more, so my 11/30 trip postponed from April, may get postponed again depending on the damage. 

Hope it is not serious and you can stay safe!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

🌺Sis I hope you stay safe. That is a lot of rain and wind!! I so hope you can still go and there will be minimal damage to none for 11/30! ❤️Sending prayers 

Denise😊

• Like 5

7 hours ago, summer slope said:
  Hug my cat instead of a bear and my hubby says he can always tell when we have a cruise coming up since books arrive in quantity.  Current series for our March cruises is The Cat Who....by Lillian Jackson Braun.  30 books to take on our 21 day cruises.

Summer Slope, I hope you will love this series of books as much as I did.  They are best read in order as various relationships develop throughout the series.

Have you read Sue Henry's books and Dana Stabenow's  books which are both set mainly in Alaska?  Another good series is Harry Kemelman's Rabbi Small series.  These are all good books for a cruise.
7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

A stellar combo of days! Dark chocolate with almonds is so healthy for us, it is almost medicinal!  

Books and dark chocolate with almonds about as good as it gets.  I usually have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate and a couple of pieces of cark chocolate with almonds every day.  Occasionally, my DH asks if I've had my "medicinal" today. 

Hope everyone is having a good day. 

It's sunny and about 69 degrees with high winds here in western AZ.  Tioga Cruiser and DeeniEncinitas, such good news that you are getting rain in southern CA.   We really need rain here.  The year round residents say it hasn't really rained here since March/April and the fire danger is extreme.  We you are finished with the rain, could you please send it our way?

For all of you in the path of Eta, hope the storm is not too bad and there is no damage.  Stay safe and dry.

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6

My November 7 sunrise is from my 2006 Blount Intercoastal waterways cruise, Rhode Island to Palm Beach.  On November we were approaching my home city of Baltimore.  My shore excursion for the day was to go home and vote:

photo_0008.jpg.faf3fa6bad14d9739e69a32627501feb.jpg

Roy

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

My November 7 sunrise is from my 2006 Blount Intercoastal waterways cruise, Rhode Island to Palm Beach.  On November we were approaching my home city of Baltimore.  My shore excursion for the day was to go home and vote:

photo_0008.jpg.faf3fa6bad14d9739e69a32627501feb.jpg

Roy

👍👍👍👍

🌺Oh Roy so spectacular!! I have a big smile. Thank you

Denise😊

• Like 4

Rain has been forecast for us in Phoenix and surrounding areas. So far it is very cloudy, has cooled down from the 90's to the 60's, lots of wind, some dust and zero raindrops. I am conflicted. I hate the rain and find it terribly depressing to be without sunshine, on the other hand we desperately need rain. Our normal summer monsoon rains never materialized and we had the hottest summer on record, by far. Some of my agave and cactus died even though they were on the watering system for 30 minutes once a week. Under normal circumstance more than enough for any desert plant.

Oh well,  I will hug my teddybear,  pet my cats and thank the Lord that I am healthy...   

• Like 10

Glad that so many are receiving much needed rain (excluding parts of Florida).  We had a brief rain this morning, but nothing else all day except wind!

Many thanks to all that help make this the "go to" place on CC.  In the hoped for future of cruising on the blue hulled beauties, it would be nice to meet in person!

Continued prayers for those in need, and happy dance for those celebrating.  Have a great evening everyone!

Edited by cruzn single
  • Like 8

Quick evening check in to say hello and thank you for the thread. Sending prayers for those who need them, and celebrating with those who are celebrating. I just wanted to say that my favourite chocolate covered almonds come from World's Finest Chocolates, made just "down the road" in Campbellford. I actually lived very close for 11 years, and never visited. One of the regrets in my life. 😄 The company supplies fundraisers for schools and sports teams. So when I come across them, I stock up on the boxes. lol I'm sure they are suffering through this pandemic, too. 😞 .

Anyway, off to raise a glass to a good day! Take care!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a Mask. 😷

• Like 6