New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

My husband had his about two weeks ago. Received a letter and I booked online and then a short while later had a phone call from our GP's surgery. So booked with them and cancelled the other.  He was handed his card after his jab and told to keep it in his wallet.  Knowing the state of some of his cards in his wallet I have sealed it in plastic, for the time being, and will laminate it when he's had his second jab.

I hadn't thought of taking a photo of it and storing it on my phone - thanks for the idea.

When we go away I colour photocopy our passports photo page as well as storing a photo of each passport photo page on my phone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaJane said:

DH had the letter and booked online for our local large hub. He is 70 and was able to book both jabs with the first one this Sunday. I am 66 and got a text from the hub on Monday with a link to book, but it only showed appointments available for the next couple of days so I wondered if they were trying to fill in gaps as we live within a couple of miles of the hub? On Thursday I received a phone call from the hub and was able to book my first appointment for Sunday too so we can go together. They weren’t able to book my 2nd at the time, but said I should be able to book whilst there on Sunday. We’re really pleased that we can both have our jabs at the same time.

Good news for you both Jane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

When we go away I colour photocopy our passports photo page as well as storing a photo of each passport photo page on my phone.

Graham.

I always have multiple copies of our passports, but hadn't thought of doing the same with the covid vaccination card!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Isn't it that you can book your second appointment if you're booking in at a big NHS hub but if it's through a GP vaccine network you have to wait for them to arrange your 2nd jab? 

Not necessarily. I have a date and time for the second appointment - exactly 12 weeks to the minute after the first. GP run hub.

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I always have multiple copies of our passports, but hadn't thought of doing the same with the covid vaccination card!

If it is needed for travel like cruising a vaccine card photo stored on your phone is a great back up if you lose your card.

• Like 2

It seems as though quite a few of the 65 to 70 group on here have had an invite for the jab soon which is really encouraging to hear.My hubby who is 66 got a text this afternoon to go for his jab on monday afternoon so is really pleased 🙂 

• Like 9

I’m loving how quickly this is happening 

I’m not sure I’m loving going from resigned to waiting months to “Come tomorrow!” - a bit of a shock - but it’s not the worst thing in the world

On balance, I feel that the local organisation has worked positively - I don’t feel so confident that something organised from the centre would be so flexible

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not necessarily. I have a date and time for the second appointment - exactly 12 weeks to the minute after the first. GP run hub.

The plot thickens :classic_unsure: Are some confusing a GP website with a GP Hub which is several 

Practices lumped together for the sole purpose of the Covid vaccine programme .

If you were to phone my GP practice they are quick to tell you they have absolutely 

nothing at all to do with the vaccine or queries you may have . Some people are posting 

that they book online with GP and then phone to discuss or book appointment  which 

you cannot do through the GP Hub I have described . I'm not saying It cannot happen 

Harry but if what you say is right , that is 3 systems on the go . confusing or what ? :classic_unsure:

17 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It seems as though quite a few of the 65 to 70 group on here have had an invite for the jab soon which is really encouraging to hear.My hubby who is 66 got a text this afternoon to go for his jab on monday afternoon so is really pleased 🙂 

Pleased for you both.

16 minutes ago, ann141 said:

As a 64 year old, I was surprised to receive the vaccination invitation by text today. Clearly, some are ahead of schedule but will obviously slow down once they start second vaccinations. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

As a 64 year old, I was surprised to receive the vaccination invitation by text today. Clearly, some are ahead of schedule but will obviously slow down once they start second vaccinations. 

That's good news Pete.

I'm 64 and had a mild heart attack so in cohort 6 so 🤞

24 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It really does look like will get all 70 plus done by weekend so have to be busy booking next week's people. 

I think by the time second doses come on line seriously in beginning  of April,  as they didn't ramp up first dose to over a million a week by week starting 10 January, then Pfzir will be back up and producing even faster, moderna will be delivering to UK , AZ has promised even more. Its supply not ability to vaccinate that has been bottle neck

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kalos said:

The plot thickens :classic_unsure: Are some confusing a GP website with a GP Hub which is several 

Practices lumped together for the sole purpose of the Covid vaccine programme .

If you were to phone my GP practice they are quick to tell you they have absolutely 

nothing at all to do with the vaccine or queries you may have . Some people are posting 

that they book online with GP and then phone to discuss or book appointment  which 

you cannot do through the GP Hub I have described . I'm not saying It cannot happen 

Harry but if what you say is right , that is 3 systems on the go . confusing or what ? :classic_unsure:

There are different systems, as you say, Kalos, and each one isn't necessarily operating in the same way.

I used a GP hub (several practices in the area combined to do all their vaccinations together) but the communications have been with both the surgery and the hub.  Phone call in my case from the hub, and in my wife's case a text from the surgery.  We both also had NHS letters which we chose not to use.

I was given a second appointment exactly 12 weeks after the first, at the same time.

I'm sure different setups are doing different things - no problem with that from my point of view. My hub wouldn't vaccinate my wife with me because they said they weren't allowed to (she's just under 70) but I know some hubs do.  No matter - she's being done tomorrow, and we knew it wouldn't be long.

It's a huge programme, so variations are inevitable - Jane's posts have been incredibly helpful though in explaining what's going on.  🙃

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pete14 said:

That’s good Pete. Assuming that you don’t have any underlying health conditions, your area must be down to group 7 (age 60-65) which is some feat given that group 6 (16-64 with underlying health issues) is a massive group of 7.3m people. Haven’t heard of many that have started on group 6 yet, let alone group 7 (other than a hub that is tantalisingly close to us but is unfortunately in another county). 

32 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just had our vaccination this afternoon  was going to open a bottle of champagne,  but my wife read somewhere that alcohol suppresses immune system , so a dry two weeks. Then 😁😁😁😁

According to JVT the antibodies don’t even think about forming until at least day 10 after the jab, so I’d crack the bottle open! I certainly intend to when we eventually get ours 😂 

2 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Isn't it that you can book your second appointment if you're booking in at a big NHS hub but if it's through a GP vaccine network you have to wait for them to arrange your 2nd jab? 

Mine was at a GP hub and I have the second appointment already, 12 weeks to the day and hour. I think at this level there is allowed flexibility in the arrangements as every GP practice has their own preferred way of working.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There are different systems, as you say, Kalos, and each one isn't necessarily operating in the same way.

I used a GP hub (several practices in the area combined to do all their vaccinations together) but the communications have been with both the surgery and the hub.  Phone call in my case from the hub, and in my wife's case a text from the surgery.  We both also had NHS letters which we chose not to use.

I was given a second appointment exactly 12 weeks after the first, at the same time.

I'm sure different setups are doing different things - no problem with that from my point of view. My hub wouldn't vaccinate my wife with me because they said they weren't allowed to (she's just under 70) but I know some hubs do.  No matter - she's being done tomorrow, and we knew it wouldn't be long.

It's a huge programme, so variations are inevitable - Jane's posts have been incredibly helpful though in explaining what's going on.  🙃

Providing we all get vax-d  is all that matters and pleased to read your Mrs is getting her 

shot tomorrow . I agree with you also about Jane ,She and all others who are involved are 

a valuable asset to this site and we appreciate their posts on this site .

Soon more will have their turn to be vaccinated and in the meantime we will support their 

fantastic work by staying safe . :classic_smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I do colour copies of our passports and follow a tip that a real doom and gloom American told me he did. Put the passports and a credit card and insurance certificate/ important phone numbers in a ziplock bag in the safe. When the ship is sinking and we go to get our lifejackets from the cabin, grab the ziplock bag as well. He was quite a cheerful soul in some respects.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

It’s the other way round for my parents. Dad at big hub, no 2nd app but Mother locally and given a 2nd app!

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

It really does look like will get all 70 plus done by weekend so have to be busy booking next week's people. 

I think by the time second doses come on line seriously in beginning  of April,  as they didn't ramp up first dose to over a million a week by week starting 10 January, then Pfzir will be back up and producing even faster, moderna will be delivering to UK , AZ has promised even more. Its supply not ability to vaccinate that has been bottle neck

A big thank you to you and you colleagues. I guess the folk who purchased the vaccine deserve one as well ( a thank you that is )🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Providing we all get vax-d  is all that matters and pleased to read your Mrs is getting her 

shot tomorrow . I agree with you also about Jane ,She and all others who are involved are 

a valuable asset to this site and we appreciate their posts on this site .

Soon more will have their turn to be vaccinated and in the meantime we will support their 

fantastic work by staying safe . :classic_smile:

Agree. It turns out we have quite a few shining stars in our midst. Once our jab status allows we should all raise a glass to them😁🍻🍾🍷🥃

• Like 4