New vaccine

hollyjess

Pleased everyone is getting their jabs, I had my jab done yesterday at the leisure centre; it was well organized.

Who would have thought we would be getting excited about having a Vaccine jab, lets hope it works and we can all get back to cruising?

All take care and have an enjoyable weekend.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Pleased everyone is getting their jabs, I had my jab done yesterday at the leisure centre; it was well organized.

Who would have thought we would be getting excited about having a Vaccine jab, lets hope it works and we can all get back to cruising?

Pleased for you Amelia.

Graham 

9 minutes ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Thanks Amelia. 

Tomorrow night  we're going to have a Tesco Thai meal deal, followed by the latest Tom Hanks western on Netflix,  with two,  or possibly three bottles of red wine.  Then I'll watch "Match of the Day",  whilst Mrs W has a nap on the sofa! Such fun!

• Like 1

My darling husband has just informed me that I am acting as his chauffeur this morning.  He has to go for his first vaccine appointment this morning and he is worried that he might suffer some problem that will make it difficult to drive.  I have pointed out to him that millions have had the the vaccine with no problems but he is seriously concerned.  I really don't understand what he is worried about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My darling husband has just informed me that I am acting as his chauffeur this morning.  He has to go for his first vaccine appointment this morning and he is worried that he might suffer some problem that will make it difficult to drive.  I have pointed out to him that millions have had the the vaccine with no problems but he is seriously concerned.  I really don't understand what he is worried about.

He's having the male version of the jab? Bit like man flu...:classic_blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Interesting. Reported in the news this morning that a health authority in France is recommending that anyone who has had covid should only be given one jab, based on the fact that hey already have anti-bodies and the one jab will act as a booster.

COVID-19: Previously-infected people only need one vaccine shot, say French experts | World News | Sky News

Edited by daveoc
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Or he is a big hulking male, they are the ones who usually faint at the sight of the needle, allegedly

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I really wouldn't mind but he has dealt with some serious medical procedures which he took in his stride, not bothered at all having heart surgery that took over 12 hours but a simple vaccination is worrying him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I really wouldn't mind but he has dealt with some serious medical procedures which he took in his stride, not bothered at all having heart surgery that took over 12 hours but a simple vaccination is worrying him. 

I think all the scaremongering in the news and on social media doesn't help Josy, my Mum is one of the most down to earth people I know and always been an advocate of vaccinations but had a last minute wobble worrying about side effects. I gave her a good talking to and needless to say she was fine afterwards and looking forward to having the second dose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have to say Josy, that after confirming who we were, the first question the doctor asked us was 'Did you drive here today?' So who knows.

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

These are stressful times for poor David, he does not have the luxury of a full

medic back up team this time around and a little  more sympathy and understanding

would not go amiss . Could you not reassure him once he is back home by laying him 

on the settee and giving him the TV remote whilst you go and make him a nice cuppa

and a sandwich & biscuits of his choice, this should help calm him down a bit :classic_unsure:

Another good idea could be you find some quiet housework to do ,such as ironing and 

possibly do this in a bedroom out of the way as not to disturb David and I'm sure he 

will be back on his feet in no time at all . Prevention is better than cure when it comes 

to vaccine side effects  :classic_smile::classic_wink: Stay safe you two :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have to say Josy, that after confirming who we were, the first question the doctor asked us was 'Did you drive here today?' So who knows.

Avril

Because I had driven when we had our first jab we were asked to sit in the waiting area for 15 mins before leaving, just in case I had a reaction.

26 minutes ago, daveoc said:

Interesting. Reported in the news this morning that a health authority in France is recommending that anyone who has had covid should only be given one jab, based on the fact that hey already have anti-bodies and the one jab will act as a booster.

COVID-19: Previously-infected people only need one vaccine shot, say French experts | World News | Sky News

It sounds plausible and I guess it would do no harm to do a comparative survey, just to see what antibody levels each group had after the first jab.

Dear wife’s now been Pfizered, with the standard 12 week followup appointment for the second jab.

Puzzled though by the inconsistency around what I thought was one of the few certainties - friends in East Yorkshire have just had jab 1, with a 4 week followup.

Is the gap between jabs varying as well?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Dear wife’s now been Pfizered, with the standard 12 week followup appointment for the second jab.

Puzzled though by the inconsistency around what I thought was one of the few certainties - friends in East Yorkshire have just had jab 1, with a 4 week followup.

Is the gap between jabs varying as well?

There are 530,000 people had 2 jabs, that total has been rising steadily since jabbing started so some area's are sticking to approx 3 weeks apart. I don't know whether it is part of a comparison study or just the way it is happening.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

There are 530,000 people had 2 jabs, that total has been rising steadily since jabbing started so some area's are sticking to approx 3 weeks apart. I don't know whether it is part of a comparison study or just the way it is happening.

Interesting.  Could be a comparison study, as you suggest.  It would make good sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

At our hub we were asked if we had driven here and if so, invited to sit for 10 mins - that was for the AZ not Pfizer.  Friends at different vaccination sites had the same experience. So perhaps just precautionary.

• Like 3

I was asked if I was driving and if so,, to sit for 15 minutes.  As my husband was with me, I just went home.  I think it's in case of anaphalyptic (sp)shock.  I didn't get my side effects until 24 hours later.  Mine was AZ.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's good news Pete.

I'm 64 and had a mild heart attack so in cohort 6 so 🤞

My friend's letter from the NHS to go to a local hub took 8 days from the date on the letter to when it arrived through the post.  Since we have very late postal delivery and having heard of her problem securing a slot (they kept disappearing whilst she was trying to book one - lots of people on the site I guess) I decided to try checking the site each morning to try to beat the post!  You just need to enter your NHS number and DoB.  I was in the next cohort behind my friend so assumed it couldn't be too long before I heard something.

For 5 days I kept getting 'You are not eligible - you will get a letter' - fair enough - it wasn't my turn yet.  But the next morning - it let me in.  I could have had any time and any day for the next week.  So I booked.  Upshot was - I had my vaccine a week before the letter came! 

I was obviously in the system - I had 'gone live' presumably when my letter was released but avoided the delay with the post.   

No problem at the hub - they just asked for my booking ref and that was it. I got that sent via text I think but  just make a note of the ref when you book and that will suffice.  No need to present the letter but helpful if you take your NHS number with you as they need that when entering your details on the computer.  They confirmed my GP practice (came up on the computer) and said they would know I'd been to the hub.  

This worked for a friend too so might be worth a try.  You're not jumping the queue as you can't do it until you are eligible but it may win you a week or so - and at least I found the availability of slots was good. 

Hope this may be helpful to those who are still waiting but think they may be due to be called imminently. 🤞

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Just returned from our jabs, they just recommended to not drive for about 15minutes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

You just don't understand. All things like that affect men more than women. I googled it once. It is to do with our sensitivity and our loving and caring nature. Just look after him until he fully recovers🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4