New vaccine

hollyjess

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I have 2 different cloud accounts, Google and Microsoft. I keep stuff there,on my phone and computer memory and sometimes on a USB stick as well. Sometimes I still can't find it, like my La Corunna pictures🤔

I'm gonna frame mine and hang it next to my picture of Upton Park.

My husband had his about two weeks ago. Received a letter and I booked online and then a short while later had a phone call from our GP's surgery. So booked with them and cancelled the other.  He was handed his card after his jab and told to keep it in his wallet.  Knowing the state of some of his cards in his wallet I have sealed it in plastic, for the time being, and will laminate it when he's had his second jab.

I hadn't thought of taking a photo of it and storing it on my phone - thanks for the idea.

• Like 3

Success!!!

system is fixed  - I hadnt noticed but it dropped a few questions  inc

the 2 about flu jabs  and now they are back.

So DW is well pleased  even though first jab is next Thursday as

against tomorrow which was showing earlier.

What does seem funny had mine last week the 2nd jab is 30 April which

didnt seem far off  but her is 6 May which does even tho its just a week later. Anyway no good wishing time away  at our age!!.

• Like 3

Got contacted by gp surgery wednesday, had jab yesterday, today I received the nhs letter!!! On the debate of when you get your card I had mine when I went in with sticker on say a/z and batch no. I then went in and I was then jabbed. Looks like different areas are doing it differently.

DH had the letter and booked online for our local large hub. He is 70 and was able to book both jabs with the first one this Sunday. I am 66 and got a text from the hub on Monday with a link to book, but it only showed appointments available for the next couple of days so I wondered if they were trying to fill in gaps as we live within a couple of miles of the hub? On Thursday I received a phone call from the hub and was able to book my first appointment for Sunday too so we can go together. They weren’t able to book my 2nd at the time, but said I should be able to book whilst there on Sunday. We’re really pleased that we can both have our jabs at the same time.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SeaJane said:

DH had the letter and booked online for our local large hub. He is 70 and was able to book both jabs with the first one this Sunday. I am 66 and got a text from the hub on Monday with a link to book, but it only showed appointments available for the next couple of days so I wondered if they were trying to fill in gaps as we live within a couple of miles of the hub? On Thursday I received a phone call from the hub and was able to book my first appointment for Sunday too so we can go together. They weren’t able to book my 2nd at the time, but said I should be able to book whilst there on Sunday. We’re really pleased that we can both have our jabs at the same time.

It seems that now the initial rush is nearly out the way, people are now involved in the planning. There are bound to be a few glitches, but the important thing is that vast numbers of folk are getting vaccinated. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting a bit brighter. Immense gratitude for all those who are working their socks off to make our lives better.🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

It's odd how some get given their second appointment and loads of others don't?

I booked mine through the app and had a choice of dates and locations. Booked the second one at the same time. DW is a few weeks behind me, but should be in time for a nice lunch in the Fort. Where can I park the 4WD.?🤣

• Haha 1

Hi,my OH hasn't had her letter yet,she's 65.She went online and booked an appointment 2 days before me.Bottom line, if your in the age group go for it,chances are your letter was written on 4th Feb anyway.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

It's odd how some get given their second appointment and loads of others don't?

It's only a tentative appointment Jean. The same applies to everything at the moment, it's all a matter of wait and see.

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband has now been able to book his appointments.

Tomorrow at the vaccine centre in Gravesend, and the 2nd dose on 1st May!

A few hours ago, I thought he was going to have to wait for ages, now it's happening in a rush! 

Wonderful news......👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Isn't it that you can book your second appointment if you're booking in at a big NHS hub but if it's through a GP vaccine network you have to wait for them to arrange your 2nd jab? 

Thanks for the explanation , I now understand why I couldn't get 2nd appointment 

mine was through a GP hub service.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Isn't it that you can book your second appointment if you're booking in at a big NHS hub but if it's through a GP vaccine network you have to wait for them to arrange your 2nd jab? 

Yes you could be correct.  Both our jabs were done at a hub but we were telephoned by the GP surgery.

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks for the explanation , I now understand why I couldn't get 2nd appointment 

mine was through a GP hub service.

Had mine today at a GP hub  - 65+ group - and we have to wait until we're called for the second vaccine. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Had mine today at a GP hub  - 65+ group - and we have to wait until we're called for the second vaccine. 

Had mine today as well , given card after jab and told they will contact me in 10-12 weeks time.

Good service by all at the Hub .:classic_smile: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Or it is true.  The person who told me has the highest standards of personal integrity, as do I.

So I find your comment to be extremely insulting.

We shall see in 3 weeks time. I look forward to hearing the result of the test.

Maybe not all places are following correct procedures. Which is bad if they are not.

Edited by ace2542