New vaccine

hollyjess

6 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Thought I'd try again....

The NHS website is currently experiencing technical difficulties.

We are working to resolve these issues. Thank you for your patience.

If you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation, call 111 free from any phone to speak to an NHS adviser. The 24-hour NHS 111 service can give you healthcare advice or direct you to the local service that can help you best.

Perhaps P&O are doing their IT...:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Just got back from getting my jab, I booked on the NHS app yesterday and got a slot for 09:05 this morning. After reading some of the comments about who was now eligible it seems odd that I got straight on and could book my jab, I am 64. I have mild asthma which I believe isn't now recognised as a qualifying factor for underlying health, I also have high Ferritin and have recovered from cancer neither of which are on the list. I am assuming therefore that my age allowed me to book. I used the John Smith stadium hub and had the AZ jab, it was well organised and we were in and out in minutes, I was advised not to drive for 15 min but the nurse stated that by the time I got back to the car the 15min would be up. I thought I would check again on the app and again got straight in but got the message below. So the system is still working for me. I do know our area is well ahead with jabbing but I would be surprised if the app recognises that, unless the built in algorithm recognises post codes.

image.png.e204aa54e82b8b1a8229d5fd3be9b0f8.png

I won't ever forget your kind offer to help Frank and I get our jabs Phil , so I am really pleased you've got yours.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Just returned from taking my mother for her jab, all a smooth process.

Plus the bonus of being offered the jab myself.  AstraZeneca in the arm, totally unexpected.

That was a nice surprise!
My son in law works in a complex which includes a vaccine centre, he turned up for a night shift at the weekend and was offered a vaccine as they had left overs at the end of the day. He’s had a few reactions to jabs before so he declined the offer as he was just going on shift. He’s hoping he might get offered one at the end of a shift when he’s working days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Interesting, a lot less vaccinations today and yesterday.  I wonder why.

Hopefully it’s not because the anticipated shortages are starting to materialise? Alternatively, it could be because group 6 should be being jabbed this week but none of us can book (not that I’m bitter 😉)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Hopefully it’s not because the anticipated shortages are starting to materialise? Alternatively, it could be because group 6 should be being jabbed this week but none of us can book (not that I’m bitter 😉)

Group 6 is a bit like the hoki koki, you put some diseases in, some diseases out. It’s a mess which is probably what is delaying your booking

Hope it’s sorted soon for you.

37 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I rang my doctor's surgery and they confirmed I am in cohort 6 and they will shortly send a text link to book for the vaccination hub.🤞

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Now that 1.7 million higher risk people have been moved up the vaccination list it will no doubt push many, myself included, down the list and will now have to wait longer as I am in group 7.

I believe that at least half those extra people have already had their jabs, and a large proportion of the remainder may well be in group 6 anyway, so fingers crossed it shouldn’t cause too much of a delay. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I believe that at least half those extra people have already had their jabs, and a large proportion of the remainder may well be in group 6 anyway, so fingers crossed it shouldn’t cause too much of a delay. 

If that is the case then in theory that group should actually be quicker as they have bumped so many from it.

We can only wait and see.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone was wondering about the new variant of the virus that was found in Bristol, given that it’s gone very quiet lately. 33,000 people have been surge tested and only 1% were found to have Coronavirus (albeit asymptomatically) and they do not know yet how many of the 300 who tested positive have the new variant as opposed to the one that was already dominant. The suspicion is that the majority probably had the prevalent strain. So, in a nutshell, it’s looking hopeful that the new variant hasn’t become a problem. Overall infection rates in Bristol are now below 200 per 100,000 which further reinforces that view. Hope that I’m not tempting fate by reporting this!

• Like 1

My eldest daughter has secondary progressive ms. She is in a wheelchair and totally disabled. Had to retire from her teaching job 4 yrs ago as could no longer walk. She is only 41. She spoke to her dr just over a week ago he said she should have been in group 4 as she is extremely vulnerable. Said he would do her injection. She phoned him again today spoke to a different dr who said 'oh god' because they had obviousy forgotten her. I phoned 119 tonight and they said ms is only down as a moderate disease. I said that is okay for the ones that can still walk. MS goes on a edss scale of 0-10 with 10 being death. My daughters edss score is 8 which is classed as end stage ms. Made the mistake telling her that her younger sister is getting her jab next week. She is coeliac which is classed as an auto-immune disease like ms but not severe. (my other daughter is with a different surgery) and was shocked to get the text from her drs. This upset my other daughter and she was inconsolable that is why I rang 119. They said to keep on trying as system is updated every 24 hrs. Also they said to try her hospital consultant. Must add that she was pleased her sister was getting the jab but upset because she wasn't. She has 3 children who will be going back to school in the next 3 weeks so is very scared.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, delgirl said:

My eldest daughter has secondary progressive ms. She is in a wheelchair and totally disabled. Had to retire from her teaching job 4 yrs ago as could no longer walk. She is only 41. She spoke to her dr just over a week ago he said she should have been in group 4 as she is extremely vulnerable. Said he would do her injection. She phoned him again today spoke to a different dr who said 'oh god' because they had obviousy forgotten her. I phoned 119 tonight and they said ms is only down as a moderate disease. I said that is okay for the ones that can still walk. MS goes on a edss scale of 0-10 with 10 being death. My daughters edss score is 8 which is classed as end stage ms. Made the mistake telling her that her younger sister is getting her jab next week. She is coeliac which is classed as an auto-immune disease like ms but not severe. (my other daughter is with a different surgery) and was shocked to get the text from her drs. This upset my other daughter and she was inconsolable that is why I rang 119. They said to keep on trying as system is updated every 24 hrs. Also they said to try her hospital consultant. Must add that she was pleased her sister was getting the jab but upset because she wasn't. She has 3 children who will be going back to school in the next 3 weeks so is very scared.

Your dear daughter has gone through a lot and that must be devastating to be told she would have the jab then the doctor forgot about her jab.

Sending our prayers to you and your daughters.

Take care.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, delgirl said:

So sorry you are in this situation, a lot of us are lucky to have the jab and are in much better situations than your family, You need to persevere with all the angles and I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, delgirl said:

How upsetting for you all.I hope and pray that your daughter has her jab very soon

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Hello Delgirl. What a heartbreaking situation you are all in and how generous of your daughter to be pleased for her sister. As the original GP your eldest daughter spoke to said they would give her the vaccine I would pursue this angle with vigour. If I were her I would call again and speak to the Practice Manager. Tell him/her what the GP said and enlist their help in getting this organised. Her hospital Consultant can only recommend, not deliver, but the GP has already said they would do it so put pressure on them to make good that offer. Good luck and please let us know how you get on. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 11