New vaccine

hollyjess

31 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

As regards being logged out there is a thread in the "help "section here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2760630-not-staying-logged-in/page/4/#comments

Maybe if all who have a problem could post there it might get it looked at a bit quicker.

Go shout there - they will probably not see us otherwise.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

It's just done the same thing on this work laptop, so it's not me, it must be the site.  I was using Firefox on my home laptop and Chrome on the other one, so not the browser either.

Then I would check out the link Aulanis posted above Jean .

17 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just went to that link and posted.  Came back here and had to log in AGAIN!

Aulanis kindly sent you the link and if the answer is not there then I'm not sure .You say you used Firefox and Google Chrome which both had the issue ? I the same as others have no problems ,it stays logged into the site, even if I do a total shutdown, running Google or Explorer on 8.1 system .

Are you running windows 10 on both but the windows has a faulty update ? I would keep trying for new updates and it may sort itself out .:classic_unsure:

Sorry if  I could help more I would but maybe someone else maybe  can give you more advice on what it could be . Hope you get it sorted .

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, Adawn47 said:

That's a difficult one to answer without annoying someone, but I'll try.

Most of the younger active working or non-working people have had infinitely much more freedom during the last 10 months than the seniors or the shielding. Frank 75 has been out once since March, to have his flu jab, and I've been out 3 times (73) There are some posters on here, you know who you are, that have been shielding for the whole 10 months and I think it's only right that they are allowed to have the vaccine asap. They and we need to live the remainder of our lives free, not closeted behind closed doors.

On a personal note, over this last 10 months, I have gone from being a happy optimist into a miserable old woman who can see no future. I cry every day and I have no interest in anything anymore, and I know I'm not the only one.I put on a happy front, but inside I'm falling apart.

So to some waiting another couple of months for the vaccine might not seem a long time, but to me and many others, it's a lifetime.

Avril

Thats terrible to hear and nobody should ever have to feel like that, my partners Aunt has also been staying in as much as possible since all this began she is 85, she has now had both of her Covid jabs, she was unsure as the guidance changed whether she would be getting the second one but she had it last week.

Hopefully she will try and gain some freedom back within whats allowed, this period has certainly taken its toll on her for sure.

I hope there is a way out of this nightmare for everyone soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I get access to CC on my laptop by using their website address in address bar and then click on "Boards" at top right of homepage and usually automatically logged in  with no further action. I have had a few problems where I had to sign in using my username and password and when queried it with CC on their Facebook page they said it was a website issue and it would be sorted out at their end.

I think that maybe the problem could be a browser issue,  they all seem to have their own idio(t)synchrosies, and can create havoc when a website installs an amendment or update.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think that maybe the problem could be a browser issue,  they all seem to have their own idio(t)synchrosies, and can create havoc when a website installs an amendment or update.

I am not sure everybody on here who are saying they are or have had issues are not using the same browser so can only believe what I was told by CC on Facebook that it was an issue with the website and a problem with them which they said would be sorted.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, davecttr said:

Here is the link to the story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55605149

Does anybody read these letters before they go out and realise they are being ambigious 😠

I don't think it is actually deliberate, at least with the 'workers', as for the 'bosses', I have had my fair share of those idiots in my over 30 years in the civil service. In the extreme crisis we have now I would have hoped that some really competent leaders would have emerged but apart from JVT ............:classic_sad:

ps - half a bottle of wine and two large G&T's has not made me happy so apologies. I fully intend to drink the rest of the wine and several more gins later. What I need is some of that Norwegian cheese I bought in Geiranger. It was brown and superb, can't remember the name 🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕  🍷 🍕

Yep - we've just had an item on our East Midlands news at lunchtime stating that more vaccine hubs are being set up with a hope that some will be on-stream later this week. However they did comment that some people in the East Midlands (Nottingham/Derby/ Leicester) had received letters and were offered appointments at the Millennium Point hub in Birmingham. Now it's stretching a point to the limit to believe that you can get to the centre of Birmingham from our area within 45 minutes. I'm fairly fit in my mid-70's but I would baulk at tackling that journey even by car to get vaccinated. Lord help those older and more compromised being faced with that prospect.

I am astonished by the logic of setting up huge regional testing centres for this first wave of vaccine delivery. I know they will be crucial once we get down the priority list and have larger numbers of younger fitter people to deal with but for 80 and 90 year old's - surely local GP surgeries would have been much better

We all seem to be finding the prospect of 80+ descending in hoardes on stadium-type hubs a little odd.  Great for bulk vaccinations for the working age population

Talking of whom, here’s a grab from the Sky website on proceedings in the HoC this afternoon.  Sounds very good, if it all goes according to plan

By the end of April everyone in the top nine priority groups will have been offered the vaccine, Sir Simon Stevens has told MPs on the Public Accounts Committee.

The government has so far only committed to vaccinating 13 million people over 70, plus frontline health and social care workers, by mid-February, with other vulnerable people following in the spring.

But Sir Simon made clear that there would be a second "sprint" to the end of April to immunise the other 17 million in priority groups.

It's important to roll the vaccine out to those in their 50s and 60s as swiftly as possible.

The median age of people admitted to ICU in December was 62 - and the pressure on critical care won't ease until the middle aged are protected.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We all seem to be finding the prospect of 80+ descending in hoardes on stadium-type hubs a little odd.  Great for bulk vaccinations for the working age population

Talking of whom, here’s a grab from the Sky website on proceedings in the HoC this afternoon.  Sounds very good, if it all goes according to plan

By the end of April everyone in the top nine priority groups will have been offered the vaccine, Sir Simon Stevens has told MPs on the Public Accounts Committee.

The government has so far only committed to vaccinating 13 million people over 70, plus frontline health and social care workers, by mid-February, with other vulnerable people following in the spring.

But Sir Simon made clear that there would be a second "sprint" to the end of April to immunise the other 17 million in priority groups.

It's important to roll the vaccine out to those in their 50s and 60s as swiftly as possible.

The median age of people admitted to ICU in December was 62 - and the pressure on critical care won't ease until the middle aged are protected.

I listened to him saying that and it was good to hear some optimistic news. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if that could happen. 🙏

• Like 2

Yes I think I read and also posted a few days ago, that the age of people dying is getting younger.  That's probably because us oldies are more scared and we are following the rules.  When I hear about these anti-lockdown protestors, I want to scream.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I would be very happy if that came true.

But I won't be making any plans for May just yet! 

• Like 3

Rang my Aunt this afternoon, who the oldest member of the family since the death of my mother in April last year, she is doing well, told me she had had her second dose of vaccine of Friday, she feels fine, arm was a little sore after the first in December, but not so bad second time around. She said she is still going to be careful for a few weeks especially if it gets icy as she doesn’t want to fall. 

My wife’s parents are still waiting for their second dose, their GP said he is waiting for the vaccine, they should have had last Wednesday. Hopefully it happens this week as the vaccine has lifted my FiL out of his depressive state. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chrisdriving said:

Thats terrible to hear and nobody should ever have to feel like that, my partners Aunt has also been staying in as much as possible since all this began she is 85, she has now had both of her Covid jabs, she was unsure as the guidance changed whether she would be getting the second one but she had it last week.

Hopefully she will try and gain some freedom back within whats allowed, this period has certainly taken its toll on her for sure.

I hope there is a way out of this nightmare for everyone soon.

Mat Hancock is doing a briefing tonight at 5pm so we might learn a bit more

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

It's just done the same thing on this work laptop, so it's not me, it must be the site.  I was using Firefox on my home laptop and Chrome on the other one, so not the browser either.

Hasn't happened here on desktop, laptop or 'phone (using Chrome).

On 1/11/2021 at 2:28 PM, kalos said:

Aulanis kindly sent you the link and if the answer is not there then I'm not sure .You say you used Firefox and Google Chrome which both had the issue ? I the same as others have no problems ,it stays logged into the site, even if I do a total shutdown, running Google or Explorer on 8.1 system .

Are you running windows 10 on both but the windows has a faulty update ? I would keep trying for new updates and it may sort itself out .:classic_unsure:

Sorry if  I could help more I would but maybe someone else maybe  can give you more advice on what it could be . Hope you get it sorted .

Strangely today, all is well.  It has stopped doing it.  I have done nothing differently.  It's fine.  Must have been a website problem.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Strangely today, all is well.  It has stopped doing it.  I have done nothing differently.  It's fine.  Must have been a website problem.

If so Jean why did it not affect everyone, I have not had to log back in on CC now for a few weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

It's bizarre.  I have no answer.  It did it for 3 days, now it has stopped.

Mine was just same, and I hope I'm not jinxing it, but it's been fine since🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47