“Normal” routine

NHCRUISIN

Yes, cruises should resume in May or June.  Normal?  Who knows.  There will likely be a regular schedule of cruises in the summer and beyond of 7 days or less.  Lots of different rules and if the news is correct minus Constellation and Millenium.

I personally think some ports will continue to be closed to cruise ships for longer.  Many many ship and schedule changes for 2021

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

47 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I’m booking for 2022. If it comes sooner, I will consider booking for 2021 as well.

Our feelings as well.

The onboard experience and ability to get off the ship without having to take a ship's excursion will also determine when we will next book a cruise.

5 minutes ago, FionaL91 said:

Us too! Fingers crossed 

Love the EDGE, so imagine we will feel the same on APEX.  The itinerary though is what grabbed us, looks fantastic.  Hopefully by then, we won't be required to do only excursions w/Celebrity, not quite sure that would be the same.  Can't yet say it will be a deal breaker but we all have some time.

• Like 1

We’re scheduled for a B2B on Apex starting March 28 so we are hoping that will take place.

The restriction on Celebrity only shore excursions does not concern us.  We’ve been to most islands multiple times and lately have taken spending more and more time aboard ship.

10 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

When does everyone think cruises will start up on a regular basis, May -June or end of 2021, or will this coming up year be a complete wash ?

As soon as the vaccine is widely distributed things should get started up again. According to CBS news at 5:00 pm PST today, vaccine distribution should start next week. Keep your fingers crossed. We are booked on Flora on July 2 and we think we have about a 75% chance of making that one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

As soon as the vaccine is widely distributed things should get started up again. According to CBS news at 5:00 pm PST today, vaccine distribution should start next week. Keep your fingers crossed. We are booked on Flora on July 2 and we think we have about a 75% chance of making that one. 

Galapagos is a cruise like no other.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

As the recent CDC news is limiting cruises to 7 days from US ports when the azipods gear up the challenge will be for those of us who take longer itineraries. We presently have three booked with the shortest a 10 day sailing next May. That probably will be cancelled so we will rebook a comparable itinerary later in the summer/fall and hope for the best.

The next question will be for those who book B2B's. Will those be permitted?

It wouldn't surprise me if vaccinations were mandatory. I hope the cruise lines are working with providers to vaccinate the crews because we certainly can't cruise without a healthy staff!

The European cruises can only happen if the ships make their Transatlantic crossing first. With only 7 night sailings being permitted from US ports, will they need to sail empty of passengers? Or will they leave from outside the US?  I am booked on the Silhouette in April 2021, and the Transatlantic is scheduled to start out from Brazil, but the other ships all start out from Florida ports. I keep my fingers crossed that sailing will be allowed from Brazil.

What do you mean by normal?  Cruising as it was in 2019?  No travel restrictions. Ships sailing at capacity.  Longer than 7 day itineraries.  No masks or social distancing.   Ports open everywhere and welcoming tourists.   Private excursions possible and available. In general back to the fun without worry?  A highly effective global vaccine effort needs to make serious headway before we get to near normal as we used to know it.  Definitely not normal in 2021.  Perhaps better but not normal.  I am guessing perhaps 2022 if there are enough people vaccinated.

10 hours ago, DrKoob said:

As the FDA's committee on vaccines won't even meet until December 10th to review Pfizer's request for emergency use authorization of its Covid-19 vaccine, distribution starting next week sounds a bit optimistic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yorky said:

Looks like we could be looking at Easter over here before life start returning to something like normal if everything goes ok. Next summer should see a lot more cruising in my view.

I certainly hope so.  We have a TA out of South Hampton in October.

51 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

As the FDA's committee on vaccines won't even meet until December 10th to review Pfizer's request for emergency use authorization of its Covid-19 vaccine, distribution starting next week sounds a bit optimistic.

They may mean just getting the doses into the field.  Distributing doesn't necessarily mean dosing. United airlines has already started flying them, according to one report.

• Like 3