New health Protocols

emam

Thanks for the link.Hopefully I will have the jab between the end of Jan to end of Feb.Hubby will have his end of feb to middle of March.My twin sister won't have her jab until end of April to may but she doesn't want to cruise so won;t mind me having the vaccine first!! My Mum is 90 and is due her jab from December 21st.

A friend who is a hospital doctor had his jab on the second day and another friend who works at the hospital has her jab tomorrow.Too late for my brother in law who is a hospital doctor but has covid at the moment(probably caught whilst at work!)

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks Wowzz

My results tie in with the “within 3 months” the GP mentioned last week.  That would be just marvellous.  Fingers crossed for us all

Did you see the news articles where people doing the injecting have found that there is another full dose of vaccine left in the vial after they have made up the five which are documented as there?  The regulators have confirmed that it is OK to use that sixth dose.  Hooray, six for the price of five and all those extra people getting their jabs quickly.

Nice to hear good news 💉 

For DW it's mid March and late Feb for me. Better than I thought. If I spread some antivax scaremongery, it could be sooner. That's good news as far as we are concerned. Did you all know the vaccine can make hairs grow on your palms?🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, wowzz said:

You must be very young !

Phil’s figure is the same as mine, so at the age of 60, I’m delighted to be in the ‘young’ category.

Phil and I should get our vaccinations between 23rd April and 11th May.

Definitely after Easter! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Phil’s figure is the same as mine, so at the age of 60, I’m delighted to be in the ‘young’ category.

Phil and I should get our vaccinations between 23rd April and 11th May.

Definitely after Easter! 

Hopefully in time for our June river cruise.

• Like 1

Just checked ours. Frank - 18th to 29th Jan. Me - 29th Jan to 25th Feb. The only issue we have, unless it changes, is our closest vaccination centre is Sheffield hospital. With no transport it will have to be 2 buses, 2 trains and 2 taxis for each round trip.🤔 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Just checked ours. Frank - 18th to 29th Jan. Me - 29th Jan to 25th Feb. The only issue we have, unless it changes, is our closest vaccination centre is Sheffield hospital. With no transport it will have to be 2 buses, 2 trains and 2 taxis for each round trip.🤔 

Avril

I think it will change by then Avril, Huudersfield will use the John Smith's Stadium and a community faith centre as they start vaccination, and some large GP practises will act as local hubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I think it will change by then Avril, Huudersfield will use the John Smith's Stadium and a community faith centre as they start vaccination, and some large GP practises will act as local hubs.

We have a large GP practice/medical centre nearby, so here's hoping🤞

Avril

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

our hub is a bit of a drive and no public transport available.  Luckily we drive.

Unfortunately neither of can drive now for medical reasons, me first and then Frank, and didn't really miss it too much until this past 10 months.

Avril

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh that's a shame Avril.  Both of us can still drive luckily.  It would be a nightmare where we live if we couldn't drive.

There's plenty of public transport and taxis, but we avoid them now as much as we possibly can. It wasn't an issue pre-covid, but now.......

Avril

On 12/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, Ardennais said:

Just used the calculator and I’m due for the jab week 2 June 2021, assuming that they vaccine 1 million a week. My father is 82 and according to the calculator he should be getting it between 21 Dec (4 days time) and 17 Jan. Will let you know if that happens!

My parents are 81 and 83 and haven’t heard anything yet. There is a group of GP’s in my area doing it at one centre but they’re not in that group.

I sincerely hope they phone them and don’t send a letter as the post is terrible at the moment. My parents didn’t have any for nearly 2 weeks, then got 33 items in one delivery!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My mother is 88 and as yet hasn't heard anything either. Don't know which surgeries down here are doing the vaccinations but the main hospital is.

I googled ‘who is giving the Covid vaccine’ in my area and found it.