New health Protocols

emam

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Not allowed to do that in restaurants any more. They should be stunned first.

Yes stunned by chilling then dispatched quickly and cleanly once insensible.

Not only was boiling extremely cruel, it made the meat tough as well as the poor creatures were shocked.

I seldom take the lobster on a formal night on a ship as it is tough and tasteless compared to fresh but right now even I have fond memories of that as it would mean being on a ship!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Not only was boiling extremely cruel, it made the meat tough as well as the poor creatures were shocked.

I seldom take the lobster on a formal night on a ship as it is tough and tasteless compared to fresh but right now even I have fond memories of that as it would mean being on a ship!

I absolutely agree. Very cruel. Unfortunately years ago we didn't understand that. As for taking one to formal night.......🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I saw someone on the lunchtime news earlier saying they were getting their lorries to go through Rotterdam rather than Calais.

And Harwich, but you can't just magic up availability overnight. 

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

They’re tough and tasteless on the ships because they use cheap Canadian/US imports similar to what you can buy in supermarkets for next to nothing. Easy way of telling them from British native lobsters is the colour brown as opposed to dark blue before cooking and when cooked the natives go bright orange whilst the cheap ones stay brown

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

They’re tough and tasteless on the ships because they use cheap Canadian/US imports similar to what you can buy in supermarkets for next to nothing. Easy way of telling them from British native lobsters is the colour brown as opposed to dark blue before cooking and when cooked the natives go bright orange whilst the cheap ones stay brown

Absolutely. We buy them straight out of the creel.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, zap99 said:

I hope you get to stay in a lower tier, but fear you are right. There won't be a virus barrier on the A3.

Merry Christmas from infected Woking.

Well we didn't last long in Tier 2 - we are Tier 4 from Boxing Day

1 minute ago, bee-ess said:

Well we didn't last long in Tier 2 - we are Tier 4 from Boxing Day

You can now join the Surrey solidarity movement and we can now go the the devil's punch bowl for our Boxing Day rave. Don't worry, we won't 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

Ditto, along with Andy and several others, I imagine.

Yes the Tier 4 area looks really big on the Map now.

I think the Govt should be looking at what is classified as an 'essential shop'. I cannot see how Garden Centres are allowed to open in Tier 4 or how M&S can sell clothes etc for 16 hours a day as our local one does just because it also sells food. The amount of shops that are allowed to open now seems far more than the original summer lockdown. Sorry, just my little rant.

3 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Yes the Tier 4 area looks really big on the Map now.

I think the Govt should be looking at what is classified as an 'essential shop'. I cannot see how Garden Centres are allowed to open in Tier 4 or how M&S can sell clothes etc for 16 hours a day as our local one does just because it also sells food. The amount of shops that are allowed to open now seems far more than the original summer lockdown. Sorry, just my little rant.

I agree, we closed our retail shops in December but many of our competitors didn't, apparently carpets are essential? 

Our fitters can still work, our contracts department can still trade and we can still sell in people's houses, none of this was allowed in the first lockdown... 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I agree, we closed our retail shops in December but many of our competitors didn't, apparently carpets are essential? 

Our fitters can still work, our contracts department can still trade and we can still sell in people's houses, none of this was allowed in the first lockdown... 

Andy 

I'm glad that your business wont be drastically affected in tier 4 Andy, I do hope the other restrictions wont impact you too severely.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, P&O SUE said:

I saw someone on the lunchtime news earlier saying they were getting their lorries to go through Rotterdam rather than Calais.

Its sounds more like a fairy tale. Such a thing will very rarely pop up on the radio. In any case I really believe that soon we will get some good news or some other news confirming it 

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I'm glad that your business wont be drastically affected in tier 4 Andy, I do hope the other restrictions wont impact you too severely.

Being honest John, I would rather shut the doors until we are all safe, but it will inevitably cost jobs, so have to try to plod on through. 

Andy 

• Like 6

On 12/22/2020 at 5:57 PM, Manx buoy said:

I caught this one in Nova Scotia, well somebody caught it for me actually. A bit brown instead of blue.

IMG_20190703_141215.jpg

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Its sounds more like a fairy tale. Such a thing will very rarely pop up on the radio. In any case I really believe that soon we will get some good news or some other news confirming it 

??????????????????????????????????????????????? 🤔😴

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Being honest John, I would rather shut the doors until we are all safe, but it will inevitably cost jobs, so have to try to plod on through. 

Andy 

To be honest Andy, if you had a branch in Stoke on Trent, I think I would choose you whenever I needed carpets. You seem to be just the sort of person who should be running a business employing and looking after skilled workers as well as your customers.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, pete14 said:

To be honest Andy, if you had a branch in Stoke on Trent, I think I would choose you whenever I needed carpets. You seem to be just the sort of person who should be running a business employing and looking after skilled workers as well as your customers.

Thank you Pete, that's nice of you to say. 

It's difficult to get the balance right at the moment but we seem to be doing ok and should be able to ride the storm without redundancies, which is an achievement in itself. 

Andy 

• Like 6