Make a d*m decision Royal

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I take one day at a time. My son and DW are waiting for covid test results. Both were exposed to coworkers who now have it.  We can't even plan for Christmas at this point.  I don't know how anyone can expect the cruise lines to know what's going to happen 6 months from now. There are too many variables such as the vaccine being distributed and the CDC's constant changes and borders being closed.  Plan for worst, hope for the best. If it's too stressful cancel your cruise and take what the cruise line has to offer and move on. They will know when they know. 

You live in NY, how could your loved ones been exposed?  Your governor has you all locked in place.  ;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pcur said:

I'm gonna bet on Dr. Fauci and his prediction that herd immunity will happen late Spring/early Summer next year, ASSUMING a large percentage of people get vaccinated.  

That's why I think my b2b in late August might be our first cruise!!

I thought you were supposed to sail on Majesty? :classic_sad: I am hoping they will move another ship into NOLA. Maybe. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You live in NY, how could your loved ones been exposed?  Your governor has you all locked in place.  ;

My wife works at a hospital and my son works at a bank both commute to Manhattan. My son was servicing the ATM with the coworker and my wife shares an office with a women who has it. I work at a chain drug store so I'm sure I was exposed at some point and don't even know it. This is the third time that both my wife and son were exposed since this started and so far they haven't been sick. My oldest Son and my daughter in law were both sick in February after they came home from Disney and a 5 day cruise. Neither were tested because there weren't any tests at the time but both tested positive for the antibodies 2 months later.  My wife was tested for the antibodies. They thought that she may have been asymptomatic but she doesn't have them.

As far as being locked up, the only precautions are no gathering of more than 10 and just this week NYC restaurants are back to take out only. Long Island and upstate are open for business. Although nobody seems to be eating in restaurants even here. It's mostly take out. Now that there is snow on the ground that alone will keep people home. Everybody loves a snow day. School is remote so no snow day for the kids.

I'm convinced that Royal waits until after final payment to cancel cruises for two reasons.  First like many of us they want to keep hope alive and believe they will resume cruising sometime soon.  It keeps the entire organization focused on working toward a goal.  Second, Royal depends on the TA's to market and handle the reservations for many passengers and they recognize that without the TA's they would not have a way to handle their existing reservations and book post Covid cruises.  TA's get some compensation when the cruse line cancels a cruise after it is paid in full.  Waiting until after final payment provides a lifeline to many TA's so they can survive.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Royal needs to make and inform us 6/8 Indy cruisers as to what is happening with our cruises in 2021..

This is crazy!!!

Many variables!

I would assume Royal is going to require their crew to get pricked in the arm - how fast can this be done?

One would also expect that pax will be required to get the vax - how soon?   See below .. Summertime we could see the the beginning of the end!  

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 12.32.53 PM.png

13 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I take one day at a time. My son and DW are waiting for covid test results. Both were exposed to coworkers who now have it.  We can't even plan for Christmas at this point.  I don't know how anyone can expect the cruise lines to know what's going to happen 6 months from now. There are too many variables such as the vaccine being distributed and the CDC's constant changes and borders being closed.  Plan for worst, hope for the best. If it's too stressful cancel your cruise and take what the cruise line has to offer and move on. They will know when they know. 

well said.  Im in the same mindframe.  Husband and I were out of the country and got terrible allergies from mold in our Air bnb 10 days ago.  Both of us tested negative for covid but we were sick with sinus infections for a week with the fever and aches.  Just working from home for the 14 days post trip and cancelled Christmas plans as we have too many over 80 crowd in our families.  Regarding cruising, the waiting is aggravating but things do look more promising then they did 2 months ago with the vaccines.  I have 4 upcoming.  May 2021, September B2b 2021, and January 2022.  I luckily have everything as flexible with flights in may and accommodations.  We had a nice time in the Bahamas Spanish Wells and will do that again if our May cruise gets cancelled.  

• Like 1

At least RCI finally...finally..did the right thing and cancelled the remaining Australia cruises for the 2020/2021 season.  All cruises that originate in Australia.  Serenade was scheduled to come out of Sydney to Honolulu on the TP, then continue on to Vancouver on an 11 night TP.  

RCI knows there is NO way that Honolulu 11 night cruise one way to Vancouver is going to happen.  The ship won't even be coming up there!!  And they are not going to send it empty to Honolulu to cruise on the 11 night from a U.S. port that is not allowed by the CDC until at least November 2021.  

It is not listed any longer on the website, almost like it never existed.  So why the wait to say it is cancelled?  😡

• Like 1

It is clearly understood why they had to cancel our 2020 Baltic - but then they scrubbed their entire 12-day cruises on the ship we were rescheduled to go on 2021, drop Amsterdam entirely, then cut them to 7 day cruises - so our lift & shift reschedule was again cancelled. It's enough for us to make the decision to abandon Royal altogether at least until 2023 or until things return to normal again.

15 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Why do people feel forced to booking cruises and when they have all these demand. People - you are booking cruises during a pandemic. Good luck with the bookings - but you are going to get very information on the them.  

How do you know we booked DURING the pandemic.  Many of us book a year or more in advance, as is in my case.  

Forced to book???  

Edited by island lady

Just now, island lady said:

How do you know we booked DURING the pandemic.  Many of us book a year or more in advance, as is in my case.  

Thank you Pat. I was going to post the same comment. Don't you just love the comment "...forced...". No one on this thread even claimed they booked a cruise recently or during the pandemic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Thank you Pat. I was going to post the same comment. Don't you just love the comment "...forced...". No one on this thread even claimed they booked a cruise recently or during the pandemic. 

Ahh...you are most welcome, oh wise one.  😉 😄 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

I thought you were supposed to sail on Majesty? :classic_sad: I am hoping they will move another ship into NOLA. Maybe. :classic_smile:

Yeah, I just got the email last night they booted the Majesty out of the fleet.  I'm just now coming up for air after dealing with the two cruises being cancelled.  

I found two Brilliance cruises, same exact dates, out of Tampa.  Big Box has balcony cabins priced lower than ocean view, so I snagged the same cabin for both.  I will have them linked as b2b later if by final payment date they allow b2b again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Why do people feel forced to booking cruises and when they have all these demand. People - you are booking cruises during a pandemic. Good luck with the bookings - but you are going to get very information on the them.  

I'm still working with my "pay it forward" plans with cruises being cancelled on me.  As long as RCCL and Princess will give me 125% as an FCC, I'm OK.  Plus, I just got a refund from Princess that pays for one of my RCCL bookings, and I'm waiting on the second refund from Princess to do it again.

It gets me to Pinnacle and a free cruise, too!

Edited by pcur

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Forced to book???  

Well you have had 9 months to adjust - right? 
The are not forcing you to put down more money during the pandemic?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Well you have had 9 months to adjust - right? 
The are not forcing you to put down more money during the pandemic?

Who is forcing anyone?  Is there a gun to my head I don't see?  Geeezz....get a grip. 

I had 28 cruises cancelled that were booked long before the Pandemic showed it's ugly head.  

Perhaps you need to walk in someone else's shoes before you make generalization judgements.  

• Like 3