2020 cruise pier runner videos?

Lloyd555

Someone is going to come on here and say how sad it is to post videos of someone else's misfortune. They will berate us for being callous. They tried that with me and it didn't work. I say bring them on. Let's see those videos. This is possibly going to be one of the best threads yet. I will see if I still have the video.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Someone is going to come on here and say how sad it is to post videos of someone else's misfortune. They will berate us for being callous. They tried that with me and it didn't work. I say bring them on. Let's see those videos. This is possibly going to be one of the best threads yet. I will see if I still have the video.

Possibly those whining are experienced pier runners themselves. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Someone is going to come on here and say how sad it is to post videos of someone else's misfortune.

It wasn’t about the pier runners. It was about laughing at them when they actually missed the ship. One video last year had some doofus guy in the background childishly laughing at a couple who actually missed their ship. Yes, that’s going too far. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s soooo very sad it is to post videos of someone else's misfortune of missing out on downgraded food from Royal Caribbean.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

It wasn’t about the pier runners. It was about laughing at them when they actually missed the ship. One video last year had some doofus guy in the background childishly laughing at a couple who actually missed their ship. Yes, that’s going too far. 

If someone wants to drink or shop and not pay attention to the time that's on them. Some people expect the ship to wait until they decide to get their act together. Why should we have to wait for the irresponsible ones? Some have come on here saying they missed the ship because they drank to much, but most won't. Some are pier runners because their tour was late. Usually when it's a ship sponsored tour they don't bother to run because they know the ship will wait. My guess is probably 90% of the pier runners were either shoppers, drinkers or on their own excursions. Btw, most of mine aren't ship sponsored and if I'm a pier runner or miss the ship that’s totally on me.🍹 🎁 🤿 🏝  🚢 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Anyone have any good 2020 cruise pier runner videos? 😜

Good point. With barely any cruising in 2020 there was likely few if any late runners, around North America anyhow.

Fun to watch as long as they make it back on the ship. Hate to see anyone miss the ship.

• Like 1

Even though it was sometime ago I remember seeing on the news all the people that missed their ship when the ship had to leave very early from it's embarking port due to a storm. Now that was sad...imagine showing up to board and see your ship already heading off to sea.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Even though it was sometime ago I remember seeing on the news all the people that missed their ship when the ship had to leave very early from it's embarking port due to a storm. Now that was sad...imagine showing up to board and see your ship already heading off to sea.

That would suck and be a shock. I'm guessing the cruise line got them to the next port or home. There is a father on here who missed the ship due to a mix up with another family (friends) and the father thinking his son was getting left behind. I probably have it wrong, but it was something like that. Maybe he's still on here and will tell it again. That story wasn't funny.

• Like 1

I must have deleted the video from my phone. April 2019 we were on Celebrity Equinox in Nassau. Symphony OTS was next to us and getting ready to leave. They had been waiting for a while with workers on the phone and they kept looking down the dock. We found out they were waiting for a couple. The Symphony balcony passengers yelled to our ship what was going on. So now you also have a bunch of Equinox people watching.

Finally they started to pull away and then the couple shows up. The ship was probably 30 feet from the dock. We thought they would return. Nope, they kept right on going and yes it was funny. It was easy to see they were very distraught. After walking back and forth and talking to someone in a golf cart they drove to our gangway.

After much talking some officers showed up. The officers were on and off the phone several times and kept going back on and off the ship. This took probably over an hour. We eventually see the couple board our ship. We were very surprised to say the least. Different companies, but I know under the same umbrella. Those 2 were very lucky we were there and they let them on. We were headed home that night otherwise I think they would have been out of luck.

Nothing for 2020............but if we had a video of our stop in Messina, Sicily...it would be funny.

We took the train to Taormina.  Had way too much fun and forgot about the time.

Got the very last bus down from Taormina to the train station.  Got the last possible train back to Messina.  We ran from the Messina train station back to the ship.

This was the first time we actually got worried...scared is the better word...got to the dock and we were the last two passengers...the ship was just about to raise the gangway.........whew!  Happy New Year to all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having almost missed our ship in Venice, Italy, and be panic-stricken about what we were going to do if we missed the ship, I am one who does NOT find any amusement in watching pier-runners, laughing at them, or finding any entertainment value in the experience.

Our situation wasn't from not keeping track of time, but that the access to the pier (a shortcut) was closed when we got to it, and we had about a mile extra walk around to the port gates.

But, I never saw the humor in the Three Stooges, either.  I just don't enjoy other people's misery, seeing them abused or laughed at.

Edited by pcur

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Was trying to be PC about it.  Some said it was cruel some said funny - trying to capture both.  Do you have any to share?

sorry your post had mot up loaded and had not seen it 

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

Having almost missed our ship in Venice, Italy, and be panic-stricken about what we were going to do if we missed the ship, I am one who does NOT find any amusement in watching pier-runners, laughing at them, or finding any entertainment value in the experience.

Our situation wasn't from not keeping track of time, but that the access to the pier (a shortcut) was closed when we got to it, and we had about a mile extra walk around to the port gates.

But, I never saw the humor in the Three Stooges, either.  I just don't enjoy other people's misery, seeing them abused or laughed at.

Weren't you cutting a bit close? Walking an extra mile is about 10-15 minutes tops for the average person.  But I can see how the thought of missing the ship can be a very scary and not so funny experience. The saddest pier runner video I saw was of a mother who had young kids on the ship and missed sailaway by about a couple of minutes.  Fortunately there were also family members onboard to take care of the kids. 

• Like 1