New Covid-19 Cruise Ship Rules

5 hours ago, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

How do you feel about the new rules that have been displayed on Quantum?

• Tracelets
  • Limited time in the pools
  • Limited tables for dining
  • Temperature checks
  • Limited seating in the theatre
  • Muster 2.0
  • 1 metre social distancing
  • Covid testing before and after the cruise

Too strict, or fair?

I'm fine with all of that, plus I think they should require proof of vaccination, too.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pcur said:

I'm fine with all of that, plus I think they should require proof of vaccination, too.

It doesn't say much for the vaccines if you still have to take all those precautions in an environment where everyone is vaccinated.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn't say much for the vaccines if you still have to take all those precautions in an environment where everyone is vaccinated.

The problem is that people are comparing all the restrictions that they have in place for Quantum which is sailing without vaccines to sailing here which no one knows when it will resume or what restrictions will get in place.  If a vaccine is required I can certainly see some of those restrictions changing.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The problem is that people are comparing all the restrictions that they have in place for Quantum which is sailing without vaccines to sailing here which no one knows when it will resume or what restrictions will get in place.  If a vaccine is required I can certainly see some of those restrictions changing.  

Correct. However, what @pcursaid is that she is fine with all those restrictions even with a vaccine mandate. If those restrictions are needed to keep a vaccinated environment safe then we are in big trouble.

• Like 11

I’m curious ....are you permitted to post your videos here?  Please be careful because it was my understanding that Cruise Critic prohibits anyone from making money off of posts on these boards.  You videos are obviously monetized so I really hope that you don’t get kicked off Cruise Critic for profiting from posts.  If so, we would miss your posts☺️

• Haha 2

Without vaccination. Masks should be worn in your sleep if sharing a cabin with another person to prevent that person from catching it from your sleeping and snoring.  Consider the size of the inside cabin and the distance between the twin beds for a second can't be much then 1 or 2 meters maximum. Especially if the travelling duo are not always together. There should be 1 warning only about not wearing the mask properly covering the NOSE and MOUTH and then a person is thrown off the ship and banned for life.  You don't do well at throwing people off ships. In Sept 2017 big trouble on Indy one kid and he lasted a long time too long.

What is a tracelet is that like a bracelet that tracks your movements by GPS or something? Interesting but a bit too big brother perhaps.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Just watched the video. This is an experience that I don’t want any part of especially if the only place you don’t have to wear a mask is when at the bar. You probably won’t even be able to get a drink because of the limited seating and capacity control. I know they are sailing at limited capacity but even 3000 people is a lot if you are only using half the seating.

Thanks for posting the video.

And because EVERYONE will seek out of the bars so as not to have to wear the mask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hallux said:

When someone has had COVID they can test positive on a PCR test for 3-5 months after they were infected

Then should that person not be self isolating or even locked away somewhere for 3-5 months? Because they can still spread it? Or am I misunderstanding that.

19 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Without vaccination. Masks should be worn in your sleep if sharing a cabin with another person to prevent that person from catching it from your sleeping and snoring.  Consider the size of the inside cabin and the distance between the twin beds for a second can't be much then 1 or 2 meters maximum. Especially if the travelling duo are not always together. There should be 1 warning only about not wearing the mask properly covering the NOSE and MOUTH and then a person is thrown off the ship and banned for life.  You don't do well at throwing people off ships. In Sept 2017 big trouble on Indy one kid and he lasted a long time too long.

What is a tracelet is that like a bracelet that tracks your movements by GPS or something? Interesting but a bit too big brother perhaps.

You are dictating to people how they should sleep in their cabins and that is no too big brotherish?

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Then should that person not be self isolating or even locked away somewhere for 3-5 months? Because they can still spread it? Or am I misunderstanding that.

No Ace, they don't have to be locked away. The test can stay positive long after someone's recovery. I would have thought you would have known that.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are dictating to people how they should sleep in their cabins and that is no too big brotherish?

Look at me and my father. Lets talk NCL I can talk about that brand better. He is in bed by midnight after the piano player finishes in the shakers martini bar. I go to Spinnaker/Bliss/O Sheehans till lets say 2.30/3 in the morning. I would  be among more people than him for a longer period of time, eating, drinking etc. So more chance of perhaps me getting it and passing it on. And we are in beds 2 meters apart maximum. Could be a source of spread especially if it goes the way or more than 2 in a cabin especially if they are different age groups.

Yes it all big brotherish all of it.

Edited by ace2542

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No Ace, they don't have to be locked away. The test can stay positive long after someone's recovery. I would have thought you would have known that.

That is not what we have been told here in UK. To my knowledge we have been told you have antibodies after infection and we have cut quarantine periods from 14 days to 10 days. And after 14 days or 10 days quarantine ends and you are free to resume your business.

This place is the only place I have heard of this 3-5 month business. It has never been mentioned in any UK coronavirus briefing by Johnson or Hancock or Van Tam or in UK Media to my knowledge. Nor do I recall hearing it with Trump on CNN when he got sick. I did not know you could be infectious for 3-5 MONTHS after recovery.

Edited by ace2542

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

lol, no.  At least that's not what the guidance has been. Here's the US CDC page on this - 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/isolation.html

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That is not what we have been told here in UK. To my knowledge we have been told you have antibodies after infection and we have cut quarantine periods from 14 days to 10 days. And after 14 days you show a negative test and are free to go. This place is the only place I have heard of this 3-5 month business. It has never been mentioned in any UK coronavirus briefing by Johnson or Hancock or Van Tam or in UK Media to my knowledge. Nor do I recall hearing it with Trump on CNN when he got sick. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what has been said. But it sounds to me like  it has been said you are positive for 3-5 MONTHS after diagnosis and recovery.

The US CDC says with the PCR tests you can test positive 12 weeks after exposure.  The PCR test doesn't test for live virus, but just the existence of the virus fragments.  If the PCR test searched for animals on the side of the highway, it would pick up live animals as well as roadkill that's been dead for weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The US CDC says with the PCR tests you can test positive 12 weeks after exposure.  The PCR test doesn't test for live virus, but just the existence of the virus fragments.  If the PCR test searched for animals on the side of the highway, it would pick up live animals as well as roadkill that's been dead for weeks.

Thanks for the explanation in language I can understand.  I’d wondered about that and tried a google search, but this is so much better.

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

CDC site says you can test without being contagious. You didn't say that bit. Though the cruise lines would know.

I simply said it was possible to test positive for 3-5 months after infection and recovery.  Do you then expect the cruise line embarkation staff to determine who has tested positive because of recent prior infection or because of current infection?  I get that they're trying to minimize risk of infection, but that will need to come with relaxed refund policies as they relate to someone testing positive.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

17 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

CDC site says you can test without being contagious. You didn't say that bit. Though the cruise lines would know.

Ace, read what I wrote above. You can test positive long after you have recovered. You are not contagious after recovery.