Laundry facilities on Oasis class ships

shadbrew

Wondering if there are public laundry facilities onboard Oasis class ships?  Hopefully (notice I said HOPEFULLY!!) going on a back to back cruise later in the year, but didn't want to take two weeks' of clothing, rather use a washer and dryer onboard between the two cruises.

Last March, in anticipation of our first B2B cruise, I bought a portable clothesline (with attached clips), some magnetic hooks, and some ultra-concentrated soap suds (Camp Suds?), all from Amazon. We were sailing on the Majesty, and there are no laundry facilities onboard. I couldn't justify the cost of paying for the laundry service, and they don't wash items like blue jeans anyway (my staple slacks to wear on a cruise.) 

Anyway, I actually used the Camp Suds to launder a few clothes in the bathroom sink, and then used the the magnetic hooks to hold up the clothesline, during our first cruise. The second cruise never happened 😞 because the ban on cruising occured on the last full day of our cruise.  

I am hoping to re-use said items, however, when cruises resume!

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, shadbrew said:

Doesn't Diamond Plus cruisers get a free laundry "perk"?

The question was not about the D+  laundry perk. 

Since  the OP was asking about self serve  washing, it is likely he/she  is new to RCCL  and is not a diamond plus member.

And yes, diamond plus get a free bag of wash and fold on any cruise five days or more. 
m

1 hour ago, shadbrew said:

Wondering if there are public laundry facilities onboard Oasis class ships?  Hopefully (notice I said HOPEFULLY!!) going on a back to back cruise later in the year, but didn't want to take two weeks' of clothing, rather use a washer and dryer onboard between the two cruises.

No self serve laundry on Royal Caribbean. It would be terrific if back-to-back cruisers got some type of laundry perk, but currently, it is not offered. 

During each cruise, there will likely be a special for about $30, for a bag full of wash and fold laundry. It is not for fine or delicate clothing but more like men’s swim trunks, , T-shirts, PJs,  socks underwear etc.  

When taking  a back to back cruise, we basically pack for  one cruise, rinse a few things out, use the wash and fold and air the rest of the clothing. 

enjoy. 

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Since  the OP was asking about self serve  washing, it is likely he/she  is new to RCCL  and is not a diamond plus member.

And yes, diamond plus get a free bag of wash and fold on any cruise five days or more. 
m

That is the OP. 

Great news. No self laundry service on any RC ships. Kick back and enjoy the cruise. 🍷

Sadly, no.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

It is the op asking. Not sure why they left out the D+ to begin with since that is a big part of the equation.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Sorry that I did not state my original question to you all's satisfaction.  To clear things up, we are NOT new to RCCL, and we are almost to the Pinnacle level.  We have never used the Diamond Plus "perk" of a free bag of laundry because all of our cruises have been individual 7-10 day cruises, and/or we always took plenty of clothes.  However, we are planning on going on several back-to-back cruises this year, so I didn't know if the Wash and Fold "perk" was still being offered. 

FYI:  Additionally, upon attending some Mix and Mingle meetings a year or two ago, I remembered several people were inquiring about whether it would be feasible to have public use of a few washers and dryers onboard because RCCL frowns on guests using their balconies to dry their clothes.  

6 hours ago, shadbrew said:

I remembered several people were inquiring about whether it would be feasible to have public use of a few washers and dryers onboard because RCCL frowns on guests using their balconies to dry their clothes.  

Anything is possible, as seen by other lines, but RCI has never indicated they would ever have public laundry on any of their ships. This has been debated several times in plenty of threads.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shadbrew said:

.  However, we are planning on going on several back-to-back cruises this year, so I didn't know if the Wash and Fold "perk" was still being offered. 

FYI The only thing that is been offered Is Quantum Of The Seas . Here is a copy of a letter that youall would of seen a few times been nearly Pinnacle . Hope you have a plan B 😇 

2405b3ef9b5fd6467b9b58d93eb9bc98.jpg

Maybe RCI could take some of the extra cabins that they have stuffed into their ships and turned them into laundries. Hopefully, they have learned a lesson about the health issues of cramming too many people into a finite space.😇

• Like 1

I have done many b2bs and b2b2b.  I always bring a small bottle of woolite and use to wash my bras and our bathing suits then hang them to dry in the clothesline provided in every shower.  Some port days I will hang bathing suits on back of balcony chair to dry.

I also pack our own cheap plastic hangers, the kind you get from dept stores such as macys and kohls as they usually give them to you when you make a purchase.

I have used their special laundry bags for other underwear, t shirts, shorts, socks and pjs.   Usually all you can fit into bag for $25:or $30 for non D+ plus cruisers.

The only ship I was on that had self laundry was on HALs Veendam.

We used to pack a huge suitcase for a cruise and then we still paid through the nose to get some laundry done halfway.  More recently on land trips, we've learned (well, I've learned, won't speak for my better half...) to pack and wear the "travel" clothing that's available from a number of websites.  I'm partial to Bluffworks, but there are others.  Not just underwear and casual wear, but also shirts, pants, sport coats, etc.  You're not going to look wrinkled.  It's all based on the "technical" fabrics that have been created for athletic attire and hiking gear in recent years.   Basically life-changing!  

Bring a little travel sized packet of Tide or some other laundry detergent (available in many drugstores in the US) , wash out a few things every second or third day, and enjoy your trip!  

Edited by Brucemcdou

9 hours ago, shadbrew said:

Sorry that I did not state my original question to you all's satisfaction.  To clear things up, we are NOT new to RCCL, and we are almost to the Pinnacle level.  We have never used the Diamond Plus "perk" of a free bag of laundry because all of our cruises have been individual 7-10 day cruises, and/or we always took plenty of clothes.  However, we are planning on going on several back-to-back cruises this year, so I didn't know if the Wash and Fold "perk" was still being offered. 

FYI:  Additionally, upon attending some Mix and Mingle meetings a year or two ago, I remembered several people were inquiring about whether it would be feasible to have public use of a few washers and dryers onboard because RCCL frowns on guests using their balconies to dry their clothes.  

You could always sail Star Class. Experts, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe laundry is included with that class.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, shadbrew said:

19 hours ago, davekathy said:

That is the OP. 

Got confused.   I see  that the OP states he/she was D+, ( and Now I read "almost Pinnacle" which is ...ummm.... D+)     Of course the original post was not about the wash and fold perk but the self serve machines.   

OP - - I don't  get it.    It appears you already had conversations  that there were no machines on board, why ask?    And already answered - the Wash and  Fold perk  has been a D+ perk.  It is limited to specific types of clothing.  

enjoy your B2B cruises.

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe RCI could take some of the extra cabins that they have stuffed into their ships and turned them into laundries. Hopefully, they have learned a lesson about the health issues of cramming too many people into a finite space.😇

Over the last 4 Decades Royal Ships pack more people in them but actual public square feet per person(open space) has also increased from 20's, 30s, 40's to more then double what was 30yrs ago. Couple Decades ago that was a selling point with Royal... Wash and Fold should be called Wash in HOT, Fade and Fold. Had many my Tshirts and underwear come back couple shades lighter. But being on B3B and longer I still use it. Adding self service Machines, hasn't happened yet it's never going to.

I don’t understand why Royal doesn’t include laundry facilities for guests. I too am Diamond+, and I have done some “hand” laundry on board. Having said that, my first Alaska Cruise Tour was with Princess. I was so grateful that they had self serve laundry. We began phase two of our trip with clean clothes. 
Made the mistake of cruising with celebrity the next time to Alaska. No laundry facilities. Wasted time on shore doing laundry. Will not cruise with Royal or Celebrity on a long cruise/cruise tour again. 
(Did Panama Canal with Princess partly for this reason. When you fly to port, baggage becomes an issue)

• Like 1