Think I got a good deal.... Serenade 10/20/22

This morning while looking thru 2022 short cruises came across Serenade out of Tampa. 5 night western in a Balcony with a refundable rate of $697.62 on 10/22/22 for both of us or $69 per person/ per day. 
I realize Serenade is an older smaller ship but still seems like a great deal. Also have others seen refundable rates come up automatically like this? Usually have to pay extra for refundable?

Edited by benebire
Add info
  • Like 4

I had that happen for the first time this week when pricing out the HM 12-18-22  I just assumed it was the non refundable rate but it was not it was the refundable one.  Pretty weird   Great price BTW

Edited by molly361

4 minutes ago, benebire said:

This morning while looking thru 2022 short cruises came across Serenade out of Tampa. 5 night western in a Balcony with a refundable rate of $697.62 for both of us or $69 per person/ per day. 
I realize Serenade is an older smaller ship but still seems like a great deal. Also have others seen refundable rates come up automatically like this? Usually have to pay extra for refundable?

Great deal.  Looks like an error in pricing when that rate is compared to all the other categories. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you driving to Tampa. 

No  That drive although shorter is worse than heading to Lauderdale  Besides I will be on my way to Bermuda on a group cruise that I booked thru my wonderful TA

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

No  That drive although shorter is worse than heading to Lauderdale  Besides I will be on my way to Bermuda on a group cruise that I booked thru my wonderful TA

I need to look at Tampa from Ocala. Much easier than from CB

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, benebire said:

This morning while looking thru 2022 short cruises came across Serenade out of Tampa. 5 night western in a Balcony with a refundable rate of $697.62 on 10/22/22 for both of us or $69 per person/ per day. 

A balcony for little more than $100 per day is a good deal in my book. But depends how close to the port, if I would sign up for short cruises. 

Edited by firefly333

59 minutes ago, benebire said:

That's an awesome price.  You will love Serenade.  She was the last ship I was on in 2020 before you know what.

• Like 1

I like the 7-day from Tampa options on Serenade. Does Coz (Nachi Cocum) and Costa Maya (Maya Chan) which are our favs. Only about 70 minutes from our place in Orlando, easy parking in the garage across the street. Sure beats the drive to PE or MIA. Probably will book one for Feb or March 2023. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Just picked up a balcony cabin on deck 8.  Leaves us a backup plan if a Europe Cruise in September 2021 is not able to be shifted to September 2022.

Can't beat the refundable deposit if we can't do the cruise.

Also allows us to use a our timeshare in Disney for a week since we will be close to Orlando anyway.

Thanks

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

Booked B2B Serenade for December out of Tampa 2022 a couple of days ago.  We don't have any problem driving to Tampa from near PC.  I would much rather do that than the drive to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.  Feel fortunate to have 4 ports that are "drive to" for us.  But tend to keep it to PC and Tampa.  

• Like 2

Got me some Brilliance, Serenade and Radiance bookings recently.  Have had pretty good success bumping them to corner aft balcony 4B.  The small bump from standard balcony to 4B aft balcony has been pretty small recently on these 4/5 sailings.  If you like aft balconies for a small bump it's a great time to book and this class has some of the best aft balconies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Got me some Brilliance, Serenade and Radiance bookings recently.  Have had pretty good success bumping them to corner aft balcony 4B.  The small bump from standard balcony to 4B aft balcony has been pretty small recently on these 4/5 sailings.  If you like aft balconies for a small bump it's a great time to book and this class has some of the best aft balconies.

9256 Baby!!  😉  Booked once again for my B2B Serenade.  👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I need to look at Tampa from Ocala. Much easier than from CB

When we sail out of Tampa, we often spend the night in Ocala, especially if there’s something going on in Tampa and hotel rates are out of sight. 

We park at the port lot right next to the ship. Super convenient 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

How do I book a refundable deposit?

I saw that it said nonrefundable deposit when I last looked, but supposedly you can book refundable but I'd call. Lots of cc ers must be booking as only 3 decks of balconies were left at that price.

Says non refundable when I check too.

20210306_161719.jpg

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw that it said nonrefundable deposit when I last looked, but supposedly you can book refundable but I'd call. Lots of cc ers must be booking as only 3 decks of balconies were left at that price.

Says non refundable when I check too.

20210306_161719.jpg

What Category did you book?

This is written on  my confirmation from RCCL:

CANCELLATION SCHEDULE
Cancellation Amount Date
Prior to Final Payment Due Date No Charge (except for Non-Refundable Deposit amounts)

I assume that wouldn't be written on confirmation(No Charge) that were booked nonrefundable. Could others check their confirmations on any other ships who booked nonrefundable?

This is also on the page where you fill in your name, you will see it under the total cost of the cruise on the left side, where it says:

View cancellation policy

Cancellation Policy - Room 1

(Refundable Deposit)

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges.

Cancel After

Penalty

July 22, 2022

25% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 6, 2022

50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

August 20, 2022

75% of total price (taxes & fees excluded) / person

September 19, 2022

No refund except for taxes & fees

Edited by Jimbo