Local Cruises

Ataraxia

1 hour ago, Zombatar said:

I agree Jean that's really expensive for what it is. We are off to the Caribbean on Azura in January and we are paying just under £3500 pp for 14 nights and that's in a superior deluxe balcony and includes premium seats on the flights. Saga isn't going to tempt us at those prices!!

Peter and Jenny

The difference is that you are on a large ship with over 3000 other people, rather than a small ship with less than 1000. Well worth paying the extra to avoid the masses! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombatar said:

I agree Jean that's really expensive for what it is. We are off to the Caribbean on Azura in January and we are paying just under £3500 pp for 14 nights and that's in a superior deluxe balcony and includes premium seats on the flights. Saga isn't going to tempt us at those prices!!

Peter and Jenny

That is an absolutely stunning price. You must have got supper lucky. I just had a look at the cheapest date for Azura in January ,superior deluxe balcony. £5258. That was a saver fare and economy flights. I trust you bit their hand off.

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That is an absolutely stunning price. You must have got supper lucky. I just had a look at the cheapest date for Azura in January ,superior deluxe balcony. £5258. That was a saver fare and economy flights. I trust you bit their hand off.

Apologies, I missed the pp. 🤣

3 hours ago, Zombatar said:

Peter and Jenny

I think there are two issues to be kept in mind when trying to compare prices between P&O and Saga.

As has been well documented, Saga prices include car transfer home to ship, all drinks, insurance, gratuities, Speciality Dining, wifi, a balcony and some excursions. Now obviously if you don't need or want any or all of these then that affects value for money. To get the quality of food served in the mdr on a Saga ship, you would have to eat in one of P&O's fine dining restaurants every evening.

You also then have to look at overall quality and ambience. Imho, Azura sits somewhere between Premier Inn and Holiday Inn, whereas Saga will be more along the lines of Hyatt or maybe Hotel du Vin.

To me it is value for money that is important. Whilst Saga is sadly outwith my cruise budget, I still feel that as long as you make good use of everything that is included by Saga, you will get good value.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

The difference is that you are on a large ship with over 3000 other people, rather than a small ship with less than 1000. Well worth paying the extra to avoid the masses! 

No,, I am on a medium ship with 1800 passengers!  Aurora

• Like 1

Hi Everyone. Just to let you all know that Cunard has declared. First cruise out is now 27th August. I know this is the P&O site but I also know some of us on here were waiting on news from Cunard. I just received the email telling me our July Fjords has gone. Oh well that's 3 more of us waiting on the P&O around UK waters announcements. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hi Everyone. Just to let you all know that Cunard has declared. First cruise out is now 27th August. I know this is the P&O site but I also know some of us on here were waiting on news from Cunard. I just received the email telling me our July Fjords has gone. Oh well that's 3 more of us waiting on the P&O around UK waters announcements. Jane.x

Thank you for the update. Hope you will be able to book something else

15 minutes ago, Beckett said:

But if you want a Cunard fix, they also stated:- The new UK staycation voyages on board Queen Elizabeth will be on sale later in March.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just received the emails so now my next 3 cruises all cancelled knew it was coming but still disappointed, they’ve also announced QE cruises around British waters so let’s see what’s on offer also no mention of the crew being vaccinated. Hope you manage to find something else for you and your family. Lindy 

Thanks all - and I hope you all manage to get something to suit too.

Ann. You're still looking good for October on Princess. Fingers et al crossed.

Lindy. Three is tough for you and the family - it's so disappointing. 

Cathy. I'm in your camp - it's all up for grabs now with all the lines offering UK waters.

Who knows, we may all meet up on a cold grey day in August somewhere! Jane.x

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Some are later, our QM2 in September is cancelled - QM2 until 12th November and QE2 until 11th October. 

58 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Did I read somewhere that Princess are doing similar UK cruises? I think I'll book with all 3. So lots of choice and maybe lower prices?

Yes, Princess will be offering similar cruises.

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

Did I read somewhere that Princess are doing similar UK cruises? I think I'll book with all 3. So lots of choice and maybe lower prices?

My word, all these ships doing round Britain cruises it's going be like like the M1.

Avril

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My word, all these ships doing round Britain cruises it's going be like like the M1.

Avril

😁🤣 I like that idea. I know we won't be allowed to do back to backs on the same ship but I wonder if it would be possible to do B2Bs on P&O, Cunard, then Princess? or some other order? I am quite keen to try Princess, and it will be a good way to do it.  

• Like 1

The only U.K. cruise I would consider is one that goes around Guernsey and back 😂 I live in Bournemouth so I wouldn’t want to go further North in the summer! 

It does make you wonder, if they are only doing scenic cruises, why not let them go to the Fjords? Or to Northern Spain? 

19 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

The only U.K. cruise I would consider is one that goes around Guernsey and back 😂 I live in Bournemouth so I wouldn’t want to go further North in the summer! 

It does make you wonder, if they are only doing scenic cruises, why not let them go to the Fjords? Or to Northern Spain? 

I n case they have a medical emergency, especially if covid, and they wouldnt be allowed to dock in foreign country.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

Have they actually called them :scenic" cruises, I thought they described them as cruises around UK coastal waters enjoying the summer sunshine.  So I doubt they will venture any further north than maybe the southernmost point of Wales.