Six Summer Short Breaks on Britannia Cancelled!

Britboys

6 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

But only on one of the 7 night cruises if I’m reading it right

Looks like this text was tailored to a particular booking so I guess refers to the 7 night cruise corresponding to the original 3 or 4 night cruise? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

The early cruises are still shorter ones though, presumably as a trial and possibly because of Government requirements.

Now I wonder how many of us wish they had booked one of those 3-4 nighters and got a seven night one in exchange.  She says putting her hand up :). 

Shame you cannot do the seven nights though Tough Guy.

Not me thank you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasperado said:

I'm a bit unsure of the dates cancelled. Are the 3 night ones now cancelled, and the 4 night ones now 7 night ones? Will the new 7 nighters be the same price as was charged for the old 4 nighters, or will they be increased to the previously advertised 7 nights ( or was it 6)? Good grief, what a way to instill confidence in a recovering industry.

I havent seen any update on it as well. I doubt there will be any price changes in the near future. Most likely they will try to cover us up with some hot deals or something

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Nor me!

If the solo prices had been palatable Jean, I would have been happy to book a short break just to see the ship. I certainly wouldn't risk a week though as I may hate the ship and also, if the weather was 'iffy' for half the week or more, I wouldn't want to be stuck inside without even the option of a walk around a Prom Deck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I havent seen any update on it as well. I doubt there will be any price changes in the near future. Most likely they will try to cover us up with some hot deals or something

I doubt there will be any "hot deals" here Roger. All UK-based holidays this Summer are very expensive because we have all been confined to our local areas for the best part of a year...

It's incredible! Not sure about the guest feedback part. I think they have seen what Celebrity and others are planning and have realised P&O will lose passengers to them if they don't offer port calls. 

There is no reason why they can't add a port into the Iona 7 night sailings as well. Id be overjoyed if they did that t the one I'm on in August.

Cathy

• Like 2

The company made a decision very early to change some of the cruises, unfortunate for those who cannot make it but like I said earlier, the decision was made early so should not stop those who wish to book with other companies, those who never intended to go on them will take the opportunity to attack the company, but luckily for us we’re happy to do seven days rather than the 3 we had booked.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tring said:

Yes shame about that sort of situation.  The sail in and out of The Clyde is very scenic though and possibly visible when docked, so better than just being in the open sea with sea breezes as the ship moves along.

If it wasn't for the meeting up with family aspect, I would quite happily spend a quiet afternoon on the side of the ship facing the Clyde. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

The company made a decision very early to change some of the cruises, unfortunate for those who cannot make it but like I said earlier, the decision was made early so should not stop those who wish to book with other companies, those who never intended to go on them will take the opportunity to attack the company, but luckily for us we’re happy to do seven days rather than the 3 we had booked.

May I ask......are you getting the 7 days for what you paid for the 3 days? I'll admit I am just being nosey and had not previously booked anything so I will understand if you do not reply 🙂

2 hours ago, tring said:

Yes shame about that sort of situation.  The sail in and out of The Clyde is very scenic though and possibly visible when docked, so better than just being in the open sea with sea breezes as the ship moves along.

The person posting on FB (who was very happy) was having their stop at Liverpool! Not much use to you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

People on FB are very happy, they’ve had their 3 day changed to 7 for no extra money!

The thing is Sue, they were already paying the same as a 7 night cruise would have been anyway.

Avril

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The thing is Sue, they were already paying the same as a 7 night cruise would have been anyway.

Avril

Well maybe but they were happy to pay that for 3 nights anyway . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Actually who knows what the price would have been, we have hopefully come out of a pandemic and we need a holiday.

• Like 3

Regardless of the ins and outs of the new cruises, this has to be seen as a major embarrassment for P&O. To scrap cruises after less than 5 days, and then offer replacement cruises for almost twice the length for no extra cost is extraordinary. 

Somewhere alarm bells were ringing,  and I just wish I could have been a fly on the wall  when the discussions were taking place. 

I'm waiting for the next Paul Ludlow video, although Carnival may have other ideas after this debacle. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm waiting for the next Paul Ludlow video, although Carnival may have other ideas after this debacle. 

...be careful what you wish for 🤣

What I don't understand is why, if they have now decided that a UK call can be made by August, is there only one port of call on a 7 night cruise? 

Surely more money to be made on 3 or 4 UK stops for extra bubbled excursion cash.

Rest assured they are listening to their customers 😂

Well, just as well I hadn't booked a 3 or 4 night trip on Britannia in late August or September as I had been considering. P&O have cancelled six of them and are replacing them with 3 seven night cruises. Due to demand apparently. I would have been really pee'd off if I had booked one.

Well, you didn't book.....so why on earth are you whining?? Jeez!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

The person posting on FB (who was very happy) was having their stop at Liverpool! Not much use to you!

I would prefer to spend a day docked at the pier head rather than spend a full six days at sea at UK temperatures.  If the ship isn't moving, would hopefully mean it would feel a tad warmer on board as well.

Also, I would be very pleased to see some profits made from tours by people in our local area after a year when all tourism businesses will have felt the pinch.

I doubt we would have been paid foa cruise tour in a UK port, unless somewhere like the Orkneys, perhaps.  Not that we have booked any cruises for the summer, or that we are likely to do so.  We will spend our cash on meals and drinks out, along with about three weeks in total of hotel stays 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I think they have seen what Celebrity and others are planning

Nothing yet advertised for UK on CelebrityCruises, which I am waiting for, as we have a FCC.

And I’m certainly not contemplating going to St Martin, where the Island a requires a specific PCR test AND their Insurance, before you are allowed to fly in.

The only way the numbers would work is if the take up of the 3 and 4 night cruises had been very low.
Firstly, if they had had substantial bookings, then why amalgamate the two cruises and secondly, they wouldn’t have sufficient cabins to offer everyone the opportunity to rebook on to the 7 night, given that they now have half as many cruises on offer. 
perhaps people are less keen to book these cruises to nowhere than we think

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

The only way the numbers would work is if the take up of the 3 and 4 night cruises had been very low.
Firstly, if they had had substantial bookings, then why amalgamate the two cruises and secondly, they wouldn’t have sufficient cabins to offer everyone the opportunity to rebook on to the 7 night, given that they now have half as many cruises on offer. 
perhaps people are less keen to book these cruises to nowhere than we think

You are probably right, if the limited 7 nighters were showing a much higher demand, then it makes perfect sense to increase those and drop some 3 and 4 night cruises.  OK so it might be inconvenient for a few, but if these do fill up it will have been the right decision.