The Daily for Monday Apr 05, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Another late entry -- trying to get some yard work done on this beautiful day!

Not a fan of deep-dish pizza. I recently tried the cauliflower crust pizza and found that to be pretty tasty!

I like today's dinner suggestion, but we'll be getting takeout tonight. It's my birthday and I'm NOT cooking!

For a number of years I had the opportunity to volunteer at the White House Easter Egg Roll on Easter Monday. The last several years i was allowed to wear the Bunny costumes -- Momma, Poppa, and Junior. In 2015 I hit the trifecta and played all three in the same afternoon. Here's a picture of Poppa...

20150406_165516.jpg

Happy birthday! I don’t cook either on my birthday.

• Like 9

Reading all the comments today I will chime in on two of the days.

The first is Deep Dish Pizza Day. I am not fond of what is generally sold as a Deep Dish Pizza. I feel that it has way to much dough and not enough toppings. My first and best deep dish pizza was in Glenview, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago in 1974. This was a pizza with a regular crust in a deep pan loaded high with toppings. It was extremely good. I don't think I have ever encountered another similar pizza. Maybe I need to visit the Chicago area again.

The second is Dandelion Day. I have a slightly different take on it. The official military brat flower is the dandelion. Now you might be wondering, why a dandelion or why there should be such a thing, however it holds a significant meaning that describes us perfectly. The dandelion itself is very much like a military brat. Its seeds can be scattered by the wind and puts its roots down anywhere.

I hope everyone has a great week. If you enjoy golf, the premier tournament of the golfing world is taking place this week around 80 miles from me. The course is always gorgeous and is worth seeing even if you don't care for golf.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Rich and everyone. Good quote today. Today I visited with a friend took a delivery and still have a heating man coming to give me an estimate on upgrading. The last guy never got back to me but we can only hope this is a better outcome. 

• Like 13

Deep crust Pizza, way to doughy, not enough toppings. Thin crust Pizza no way, tasts like toppings on a hard cracker. Hand tossed Pizza, just perfect.

I have never been to Pago Pago. Thank you everyone for the photos.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, bobpatj said:

Today is Bob’s birthday, too, and I’m not cooking either!  With our DD & SIL dining with us, it’s takeout from a favorite restaurant.

Happy Birthday Bob 🥂🎂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

The first is Deep Dish Pizza Day. I am not fond of what is generally sold as a Deep Dish Pizza. I feel that it has way to much dough and not enough toppings. My first and best deep dish pizza was in Glenview, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago in 1974. This was a pizza with a regular crust in a deep pan loaded high with toppings. It was extremely good. I don't think I have ever encountered another similar pizza. Maybe I need to visit the Chicago area again.

That's the deep dish pizza I remember as well.  I think that was the original, but dough is cheaper than filling, so.......

Happy Birthday to Bob @bobpatj

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bobpatj said:

Today is Bob’s birthday, too, and I’m not cooking either!  With our DD & SIL dining with us, it’s takeout from a favorite restaurant.

A very happy birthday 🎂 🥂 to you 🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobpatj said:

Bob gets a wish, too! Happy Birthday, Bob!

83C06A13-098C-40ED-B368-D92A9C6BE944.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Reading all the comments today I will chime in on two of the days.

Yes! That is the deep dish of my memory!  
Mine was downtown in Chicago, I believe. Not sure, since we were visiting a friend’s Sister at the University. And we all piled in her car for the ride...

• Like 5

5 hours ago, arzz said:

StLouisCruisers - Thank you for the compliment - can you see me blush?  

I have been blogging since 2007 and thus relive every cruise that we have taken every time I reread them. Photos are nice but they do not always evoke all the tidbits and memories.  While traveling it becomes a bit of a burden to keep up with it all, at times - but afterwords I so appreciate having taken the time to write it all down.   

I appreciate you sharing your posts here on CC. The one that stands out the most for me and is seared in my memory is your Antarctica trip, and crossing Drake. It was one of the drivers for me to take that cruise, and to go with HAL.
No way would I want to possibly face water like that in a small expedition ship.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Stanford Cardinals

I meant to comment on this earlier but Congratulations to the Cardinals!  Our University of Arizona Wildcats fought hard and came in 2nd by just one point!  Amazing!!  Basketball is big in Tucson!

3F99E6D3-1DEC-41B5-B021-99E8697D3E6A.thumb.jpeg.89b97cfa09f988cec5e11bec84e10309.jpeg

https://www.kgun9.com/sports/local-sports/wildcats-celebrate-title-run-with-their-fans

• Like 4