Formal Nights on Iona/Arviva

janny444

On 4/13/2021 at 6:46 PM, Angel57 said:

If I remember correctly I think we had over 30 formal nights on the World cruise in 2013.....

Gill x

Gill, they seemed to come round every other day!  Then there were those semi-formal nights.  Awful.  But hey!  The cruise was great.

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

PPPPS - fashion police - DO NOT wear a white bow tie with a black shirt. It makes you look like a demented vicar.

Ooops!

• Like 1

I am very pleased to say that my original question  has morphed into some very humorous posts....great posts. 

BTW....I have decided to replace my hubby's full on dinner suit with just an ordinary suit which can be dressed up in various ways....I am taking note of suggestions. 😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Can the fashion police give me the verdict on wearing waistcoats with a black DJ? Muted colours, nothing garish. 

I need to know if I need to plan a trip to the charity shop!

Are you buying , or selling ? 😂

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Can the fashion police give me the verdict on wearing waistcoats with a black DJ? Muted colours, nothing garish. 

Being ex round table, I would say loud and garish is perfect. If I could get one to fit I would wear one.

Gan Canny

Dai

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Being ex round table, I would say loud and garish is perfect. If I could get one to fit I would wear one.

Gan Canny

Dai

I thought the members of the round table wore chain mail and did jousting😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm a waistcoat fan Wowzz so I say go for it.  Jane.x

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

I have a couple of dark waistcoats that I will sometimes wear with my black DJ. Traditional is a bit boring so I like to shake things up. I have a pair of black and white check patent shoes which I will sometimes wear to match my black underpants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have a couple of dark waistcoats that I will sometimes wear with my black DJ. Traditional is a bit boring so I like to shake things up. I have a pair of black and white check patent shoes which I will sometimes wear to match my black underpants.

Snap (on all counts)🤣

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

I'm a waistcoat fan Wowzz so I say go for it.  Jane.x

I will stuff the Thomas Cromwell trilogy in my waistcoat to enhance my physique!

No trip to the charity shop then!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, daiB said:

Gan Canny

Dai

Nice to hear from you Dai , hope you have been well and safe during lockdown, we all miss you on here and your Gan Canny, take care 

Sandra 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We were on deck on an RC ship, it was formal night. The gentleman said.......have you got a light Mac?..........🤔