Princess Only Shore Excursions Confirmed

ChangeOrder

3 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

bring me a paper copy of the Patter every day.

that , or maybe having to stop by the purser's desk prior to going to your cabin ... having it delivered is much better

now about all those shopping ad flyers ...

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

that , or maybe having to stop by the purser's desk prior to going to your cabin ... having it delivered is much better

now about all those shopping ad flyers ...

Glad enough to have the Patter delivered but all those flyers are a waste of trees !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I was thinking about the shopping too.  Are they going to have ship excursions to Diamond International etc?😁

Love shopping in local shops but can’t imagine a ‘tour’ to Diamonds International !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I wonder if local tour companies and guides are yet aware of the ship protocols for the passengers? Will they only be able to conduct tours through the ships? Or, is there a way for these companies to "apply" with the cruise line and demonstrate how they would adhere to the "prescribed protocols" and be one of the private approved tour vendors?

I am going to contact a tour vendor who we had previously booked and ask if they are aware pf any possible procedures and any certifications to be eligible for shore excursions. It is a start.

26 minutes ago, nini said:

I wonder if local tour companies and guides are yet aware of the ship protocols for the passengers? Will they only be able to conduct tours through the ships? Or, is there a way for these companies to "apply" with the cruise line and demonstrate how they would adhere to the "prescribed protocols" and be one of the private approved tour vendors?

I am going to contact a tour vendor who we had previously booked and ask if they are aware pf any possible procedures and any certifications to be eligible for shore excursions. It is a start.

The fact is that no one really knows how things will work out especially 6 months or more from now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

The fact is that no one really knows how things will work out especially 6 months or more from now

I understand that. My point is, if I was owned a tour business, I would be pro-active in researching how I could qualify as an approved company in reference to the cruise lines. Six months will fly by, and that will include people making excursion plans, making final payments, or cancelling the cruise all together,

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nini said:

I think that the tour companies are following all events closely and making inquiries/applications.  Their industry was greatly affected by the Cruises cancelling and need the business desperately.  Some companies would have to be added to the "usual" lists as there will be more passengers competing for the cruise excursions. 

But another factor to consider is that - because of the expected social distancing requirements (MDR, Pool decks, lounges, theaters, etc) - that the ships will sail at less than full capacity. (not sure by how many)

I contacted a tour vendor in Scotland and he responded quickly. We had booked with him before for 2020) and he was very prompt in returning our deposit.

He responded that he and the other guides are going to be submitting paperwork to some cruise lines to e able to be "approved" for the passengers. He realizes that the cruise ship alone is unable to accommodate the demand for excursions. He also said that they are Covid compliant with local authorities and have been since early 2020.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I have done some brief internet checks and it does not appear that there is much of a chance of being infected by Covid from touching a piece of paper.  I suspect that Princess is using this bit of Covid misinformation as a means of saving money.  I may be old fashioned some times but it is a lot easier to read a paper Patter than a computer version.  I would tell my cabin steward that I want him to bring me a paper copy of the Patter every day.

DON

And it's a lot easier to carry around the Patter than to carry around your computer.

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I have done some brief internet checks and it does not appear that there is much of a chance of being infected by Covid from touching a piece of paper.  I suspect that Princess is using this bit of Covid misinformation as a means of saving money.  I may be old fashioned some times but it is a lot easier to read a paper Patter than a computer version.  I would tell my cabin steward that I want him to bring me a paper copy of the Patter every day.

DON

Love this! The only paper we want delivered to our cabin is the Patter. I highlight items on it and put it on the wall with magnets. Of course, if we won something, than that paper is welcome also.

55 minutes ago, nini said:

I understand that. My point is, if I was owned a tour business, I would be pro-active in researching how I could qualify as an approved company in reference to the cruise lines. Six months will fly by, and that will include people making excursion plans, making final payments, or cancelling the cruise all together,

What I really want is to walk off the ship and go to my favorite restaurants for lunch and sample a local beer or wine. If that is not possible then we may have to think hard about whether we want to consider cruising

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Love shopping in local shops but can’t imagine a ‘tour’ to Diamonds International !!!!!!!!!

It's like going to Ratners and deciding between ear rings or a prawn sandwich!

3 hours ago, nini said:

Interested in their response

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And it's a lot easier to carry around the Patter than to carry around your computer.

Smart phone .... my computer broke in 2017

• Thanks 1

As was mentioned earlier.. or on some related thread, there are miles to go.  I think most of these restrictions are for the first trial cruise, etc.  I don't think anyone knows and it's much to soon to speculate what might be required a bit down the road.  NCL already said that they are allowing indy shore excursions.... though I'm not sure if/when they'll be cruising from the U.S.   

Even ship capacity is likely to be what is was before once the trials are complete.  And FWIW, the CDC has to loosen up.  They are losing their credibility with their ultra conservative approach.  Many are seeing a cry wolf mentality much to often.

53 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Interested in their response

See Post #134

I am glad that they are aware of this issue and are addressing it.

Of course, this was for the port of Invergordon in Scotland. Hopefully,

many vendors in the British Isles are communicating with each other regarding

this issue. I was pleased by his quick response.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

What I really want is to walk off the ship and go to my favorite restaurants for lunch and sample a local beer or wine. If that is not possible then we may have to think hard about whether we want to consider cruising

I will raise a glass to that!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nini said:

See Post #134

I am glad that they are aware of this issue and are addressing it.

Of course, this was for the port of Invergordon in Scotland. Hopefully,

many vendors in the British Isles are communicating with each other regarding

this issue. I was pleased by his quick response.

Now HOW did I miss that? So sorry 😞 

47 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

As was mentioned earlier.. or on some related thread, there are miles to go.  I think most of these restrictions are for the first trial cruise, etc.  I don't think anyone knows and it's much to soon to speculate what might be required a bit down the road. 

On a webinar yesterday about Oceania, they said the shore excursion requirements when they restart will be dependent on what the ports require.

On one itinerary they really emphasized the point that one of the ports would let you do your own thing on shore. But, so far, the other ports on that itinerary have not said the same and cruise ship bubble excursions are required.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

Smart phone .... my computer broke in 2017

I guess I'm a luddite with no smart phone, or even a cellphone. (DW does have a cellphone, although it is usually turned off, but also no smart phone.)

15 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

As was mentioned earlier.. or on some related thread, there are miles to go.  I think most of these restrictions are for the first trial cruise, etc.  I don't think anyone knows and it's much to soon to speculate what might be required a bit down the road.  NCL already said that they are allowing indy shore excursions.... though I'm not sure if/when they'll be cruising from the U.S.   

Even ship capacity is likely to be what is was before once the trials are complete.  And FWIW, the CDC has to loosen up.  They are losing their credibility with their ultra conservative approach.  Many are seeing a cry wolf mentality much to often.

CDC lost all of its cred months ago....

Why would any port want cruise ships to dock in their City if passengers can't go to their stores, support their vendors and bring money into their town?   It seems to me it wouldn't be worth the hassle for them to even allow a cruise ship to dock.   What am I missing here?

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 5:54 AM, ontheweb said:

I guess I'm a luddite with no smart phone, or even a cellphone. (DW does have a cellphone, although it is usually turned off, but also no smart phone.)

Fighting technology wont make your life better. Just a thought to consider.