DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

1 hour ago, cured said:

One can just as easily turn that statement around. If you are too afraid to get a vaccine, then stay home and don't vacation anywhere that requires one.

Royal isn't being forced into anything. Their #1 priority is their bottom line for their investors and the health of the company.  They have done their studies and the vast majority of people want fully vaccinated cruises.

There are most likely issues of insurance, ports of call, and many other decisions the cruise line needs to make.

Very true, but he would never look at it the other way.

The cruise lines don’t want Covid or any other infectious diseases on their ships. They still have to comply with the health and sanitary regulations wherever they sail or risk being turned away from port. This is nothing new and isn’t going to change. So something has to give. If not vaccinations then lots of testing and quarantining.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am not the of the opinion you are looking for, but I will bite anyway.

They will get off the ship and go home and be fine, just like the 10 people who went to a Starbucks in your town today who got Covid 19.  One of them who weighs 300 pounds and has diabetes may end up in your emergency room at the local hospital tonight, and go thru a month of heck, if he/she is lucky.  

What port is going to be scared of a covid positive patient.  Why is a cruise ship a place where you would freak out if 10 people had Covid, when the mall, Starbucks, a BLM riot, or other place where people get Covid be a big deal?

You People are so simple minded that you are stuck in a video of a cruise ship over a year ago.  The world has changed.  

Keep hiding under your blanket.  

Or live you life, but quit trying to control everyone else’s.

jc

Can you guarantee that only 10 people will get covid? No you can't and since it's hard to tell just how bad it could be I can understand why some cruise lines are requiring people to be vaccinated. I for one would like to sail on a fully vaccinated ship so there is less of a chance of it being cut short. Do I expect this to go on forever? No of course not, but I think until covid is under better control then I hope they require vaccines. I also know cruises can be cut short for many reasons, but why add another big one to begin with?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They have every right to do it if they want to. Look at the other lines that are doing it. Their rules if they choose to. Play by them or don't cruise.

So far there is not a single cruise line that has stated vaccines are required when cruising resumes out of US ports. If RCL does NOT insist on all passengers to be vaccinated will you get on the ship?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Come on... don't be so naive... they're wanting people to be vaxed for the same reason vaxed cruisers want it.... to appease CDC in hopes of opening up revenue streams... all at the expense of others. BTW, those numbers will eventually shift. There is no way that the "80%" you've mentioned can support RCG. They might float a couple of ships for a couple of months, but you can't be real to think that these same 80% can keep RCG afloat w/ all their ships cruising. 

At the expense of others? Really? Don't like the rules if that's what RC decides to do then don't cruise. It's a luxury and not a necessity. Who has said they want non-vaxxers to stay off the ships forever? I only want it until covid gets under control. The sooner it's under control hopefully the sooner things will start to get back to somewhat normal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

At the expense of others? Really? Don't like the rules if that's what RC decides to do then don't cruise. It's a luxury and not a necessity. Who has said they want non-vaxxers to stay off the ships forever? I only want it until covid gets under control. The sooner it's under control hopefully the sooner things will start to get back to somewhat normal.

You do realize that you're arguing for others to support a rule that doesn't even exist! LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pratique said:

Yes, well I was trying to be nice by saying knowledge when it is probably opinion (sometimes seeded by a trusted source) masquerading as knowledge. There's that phrase, "I know just enough to get me in trouble." There is a lot of research that has shown that we are our own worst risk assessors. We carry a bias that is not always well-informed that causes us to make bad decisions. For example, not a week goes by without our state patrol posting on social media that they have stopped a motorist driving in excess of 100 MPH. That driver made a risk assessment (probably a bad one) that doesn't account for public safety. Usually no one is hurt but it's just a matter of time before the odds catch up. I know from conversations here that some people are playing the odds with Covid and have decided, on their own, that the risk is low enough (to themselves) to take the chances that they take.

“Some people are playing the odds with COVID and have decided, on their own, that the risk is low enough (to themselves) to take the chances that they take.”  I agree with your assessment, however, as we all know, personal risk is not the only consideration.  When those same people play Russian roulette, odds are that the guy next to them is going to take the bullet if they don’t, without having any choice in the matter. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You should never ever assume something. I'm fully vaxed. And have cancelled two cruises so far..  And your 'several requests' on a next door social site is pretty lame. So you never answered...do you require a movie theater to be 100% vaxed? Your cashier at your local drug store? Speaking of drug store, do you require them to serve only vaxed customers? How about your grocery store? Do you demand that they serve only vaxed folks?  Your server at the restaurant... do you ask to be seated and served by a vaxed wait staff?

Didn't think so... with that. I'm signing off. Peace to all vaxed and non-vaxed. 

You can't compare apples to oranges. If I go to a movie it's not going to be cut short because someone has covid. I also didn't pay big bucks for it nor did I take my vacation time for it. Hugh difference. I don't know why people can't understand such things.

• Like 9

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

You can't compare apples to oranges. If I go to a movie it's not going to be cut short because someone has covid. I also didn't pay big bucks for it nor did I take my vacation time for it. Hugh difference. I don't know why people can't understand such things.

I fully undestand it. So to get this right, you're only concerned over finances and not covid or health/safety issues, correct? Because RCL is putting on the fsce that their caribbean cruises that are vax required are for our health. Our safety. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So far there is not a single cruise line that has stated vaccines are required when cruising resumes out of US ports. If RCL does NOT insist on all passengers to be vaccinated will you get on the ship?

Norwegian has.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/norwegian-cruise-line-requires-vaccinations-for-all-passengers-and-crew

Silversea has as well.  While not nearly as large or with the number of US sailings they still have US departures and more importantly are part of  RCG 

https://www.travelpress.com/silversea-implements-vaccination-policy/#.YHe2jS2s-hA

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 7

I received the vaccine but I am 100% against any mandate requiring it on a cruise. It is my opinion that the majority of people especially those in high risk categories will voluntarily get the vaccine anyway. Younger low risk people even if they were to contract the virus while onboard are not going to infect me or anyone else that's vaccinated.

96% of people that get covid have mild to no symptoms. With majority being vaccinated in the next couple of months we will see a large drop in the numbers which lag behind. It's a slippery slope to require vaccine passports I'd prefer as a country we don't go there.  When ever you give an inch they (Government) takes a mile. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

So for all the posters on this thread who feel vaccines by RCCL should not be a requirement to cruise, how would YOU manage a ship that ended up with cases of Covid aboard? 

Quarantine cases of infected people till they can be removed from ship. Contact trace and quarantine anyone who may have come in close contact for more than 15 minutes with infected person that has not had vaccine. 

I've been on 25 cruises I've never felt crowded or in close contact with people for longer than a few minutes. Except in line to get on/off ship or elevators. Social distancing and masks seem to work in stores, airplanes, hotels & amusement parks so no reason to believe they can't work on cruise ships. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

You sure came back quick😉🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I fully undestand it. So to get this right, you're only concerned over finances and not covid or health/safety issues, correct? Because RCL is putting on the fsce that their caribbean cruises that are vax required are for our health. Our safety. 

Nice spin, you should consider politics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kidless said:

Quarantine cases of infected people till they can be removed from ship. Contact trace and quarantine anyone who may have come in close contact for more than 15 minutes with infected person that has not had vaccine. 

I've been on 25 cruises I've never felt crowded or in close contact with people for longer than a few minutes. Except in line to get on/off ship or elevators. Social distancing and masks seem to work in stores, airplanes, hotels & amusement parks so no reason to believe they can't work on cruise ships. 

FWIW, it seems folks don't want masks, social distancing, quarantining, and contact tracing.

• Like 2

Suppose RCI ups all prices $1,000 per person for all cabins, inside through grand suite.  Then the nextdaythey announce that anyone sailing with a vaccine passport will receive a $1,000 credit.  All people in the cabin will need the vaccine passport for anyone in the cabin to get the credit.  Would this not be allowed to reward people who were vaccinated but did not require anyone to get the vaccination.  I am sure the company accountants and lawyers could show this is justified because of the threat of revenue lost from missing ports, ending early etc caused by a breakout on the ship.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cured said:

You may want to practice what you preach. You have the right to lobby for an unvaccinated ship, but the 80+% of the people who want a vaccinated ship have an equal right to lobby for a vaccinated ship. 

You are trying to control what fits your narrative. 

Typical...  Don’t read what is written and don’t have a clue about the person you have written to.

I don’t care if the ship is 100% vaccinated or it is 25% vaccinated.  I will make my own choice based on the reality.  Not my preconceived, usually wrong feelings, are.  I deal with logic.  

If there is a cruise ship in 2021 that has an outbreak of Covid19.  There is zero reason for the panic that happened with the Princess ships in 2020.  Every hospital in most parts of the world would not freak out.  Most of the sick people would self-quarantine some significant portion will be asymptomatic, a very small portion will require a visit to their doctor and an even smaller number will be hospitalized.  Just like happens every single day in most cities in America.  

Logic, requires the following questions be asked.  If the vaccine is the answer, why are we still locked down even the vaccinated?  Why do the vaccinated have to keep wearing masks for another 100 days according to TF?  Are they just controlling us and manipulating us or do they know something we don’t?

I could care less what any politician says.  This isn’t about the Florida governor this is a much more fundamental question.  

Are we going to be allowed to live our lives in freedom and liberty or are we going to locked down, for our own good, by those who rule us without any explanation, just because they can?  I feel like I need to quote CS Lewis from my signature.😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Imagine you were born yesterday and someone told you "public health on a cruise ship" is what is being discussed in this thread. Nevermind all of the obese people consuming as much food and alcohol as possible to "get their monies worth". That's not health. Even when they are the ones at risk of COVID. The risk comes from the evil healthy people who haven't been jabbed by an experimental drug to protect them from a cold.

Then also imagine that you're scared of a cruise because of the worst example we can give from a time when we had no knowledge of this. While also ignoring that every single other industry is operating at the moment. 

No sane person would ever come to these conclusions on their own. 

• Like 1

For the past year we have all been going about our everyday lives without a vaccine taking the necessary precautions.  I don't care who is vaxxed and who isn't vaxxed at home.  We have all been exposed over the year and my wife, son and daughter in law have been quarantined due to exposure to someone at work who had it. My daughter in law also had covid when my son had it last year.  I have been working with the public since June of last year and never had so much as a sniffle. Maybe it's the zinc, vitamin C and D that I have been taking, built up immunity, or asymptomatic but I have never been healthier.  With that said I think that everyone who boards a cruise ship needs to be vaccinated before I will book a cruise.  I don't want my on board experience to be diminished because of an outbreak. Some are content sitting alone in their room but I want to be at the Cabaret. Since cruising is international and not everyone has access to the vaccine it would very be easy to fill a ship with those who aren't vaccinated.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Logic, requires the following questions be asked.  If the vaccine is the answer, why are we still locked down even the vaccinated?  Why do the vaccinated have to keep wearing masks for another 100 days according to TF?  Are they just controlling us and manipulating us or do they know something we don’t?

Logic tells me that just like the flu vaccine, the covid vaccine isn't 100%.   Even enough mild cases can end a cruise or put it into quarantine. Why raise the odds of disrupting your vacation by allowing those who aren't vaccinated to board?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Can you guarantee that only 10 people will get covid? No you can't and since it's hard to tell just how bad it could be I can understand why some cruise lines are requiring people to be vaccinated. I for one would like to sail on a fully vaccinated ship so there is less of a chance of it being cut short. Do I expect this to go on forever? No of course not, but I think until covid is under better control then I hope they require vaccines. I also know cruises can be cut short for many reasons, but why add another big one to begin with?

10 or 100 what difference would it make to the infected population in Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

Apparently, being vaxed ain’t enough, just listen to TF.  So, are we going to stay at zero cruises forever?  While restaurants and bars and street riots happen daily?  Really?  Is that science or science denial I get so confused by so many conflicted points of view.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Norwegian has.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/norwegian-cruise-line-requires-vaccinations-for-all-passengers-and-crew

Silversea has as well.  While not nearly as large or with the number of US sailings they still have US departures and more importantly are part of  RCG 

https://www.travelpress.com/silversea-implements-vaccination-policy/#.YHe2jS2s-hA

Meh... I just don't rank them as a ctuise shipcategory, probably due to the size of their ships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, harkinmr said:

“Some people are playing the odds with COVID and have decided, on their own, that the risk is low enough (to themselves) to take the chances that they take.”  I agree with your assessment, however, as we all know, personal risk is not the only consideration.  When those same people play Russian roulette, odds are that the guy next to them is going to take the bullet if they don’t, without having any choice in the matter. 

You play “Russian Roulette” every time you get in a car, plane, train, or passenger ferry.  There are, I believe they tell us on the tv, 50,000 people killed in the USA in cars.  Most of them are not in their 80s or beyond, most of them are cut down in the prime of their lives.  Should we ban cars?  

We all live with calculated risks.  

I might decide tonight to eat kale and tomatoes for dinner, or I might have a well-marbled rib eye steak instead.  Another calculated risk.  Do you want someone to decide for you which risks you can take?  

Our government would love to declare you can no longer drive your own car it is simply to deadly, and we all have to take mass transit.  

JC<———— not willing to let people on tv and people who don’t care about our liberty control us

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

You play “Russian Roulette” every time you get in a car, plane, train, or passenger ferry.  There are, I believe they tell us on the tv, 50,000 people killed in the USA in cars.  Most of them are not in their 80s or beyond, most of them are cut down in the prime of their lives.  Should we ban cars?  

I might decide tonight to eat kale and tomatoes for dinner, or I might have a well-marbled rib eye steak instead.  Another calculated risk.  Do you want someone to decide for you which risks you can take?  

Our government would love to declare you can no longer drive your own car it is simply to deadly, and we all have to take mass transit.  

JC<———— not willing to let people on tv and people who don’t care about our liberty control us

Just trying to reduce the odds where we can, if you would like to jump out of a airplane with no parachute, by all means go right ahead. Maybe you will  be fine or maybe not....

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My point was that those who go maskless may want to take their chances with the virus, but they can pass it along to another who might get very sick or die.  We do have an obligation to protect others.  It’s clear you don’t believe in that concept. 

• Like 8